NBA

Cerberus

Shame they really did fcukup the 2016 finals. 3-0 to 3-4 against LBJ's Cav"s!
That is the greatest final of all time. LBJ winning a title for Cleveland and being 3-1 down. I doubt we will see anything like that ever again.

Is Giannis the heir to Lbj? He's certainly looking like the best player on the planet just now.
I was wrong, Kawhi is the best player on the planet at this moment. I've never seen someone play defence like him in my time watching the NBA.

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 16:45, Dazzle said:
On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 03:04, Dazzle said:
Is Giannis the heir to Lbj? He's certainly looking like the best player on the planet just now.

I was wrong, Kawhi is the best player on the planet at this moment. I've never seen someone play defence like him in my time watching the NBA.

Yeah, deffo the postseason MVP - hope they close them out tonight.

Anyone giving the Raptors much of a chance?

If they can keep home court and KD isn't back for game 3 then who knows what can happen.

That said everyone will need to be great, Kawhi cant carry them through GSW.

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Anyone giving the Raptors much of a chance?

If they can keep home court and KD isn't back for game 3 then who knows what can happen.

That said everyone will need to be great, Kawhi cant carry them through GSW.

I was watching it last night thinking that neither of the Eastern teams could do it, home advantage might make a difference though and GS have actually been better without KD.

I think Rockets were best equipped to pip Golden State ... obviously they fell short but they definitely had it in them.

I'd make Harden MVP for carrying the team on his own when CP3 was out and also the staggering 30+ run ... but I reckon Giannis will get it.

Will be rooting for the Raptors though, a few late nights ahead.

Not even going to pretend I'm not a bangwagoner/glory hunter. Saturday's game was the first full basketball I've watched in a long time, usually I'm happy just to watch the last ten minutes of a game, I even dug out my old Chris Bosh jersey for the game. 

Some scenes downtown after the game, fans on top of buses, streetcars and police cars, zero arrests reported. I have to admit that as much as I love the Maple Leafs, the Raptors have by far the best fans of all Toronto's sports teams and they seem to reflect the make up of Toronto better than the other teams.  From my limited knowledge of the NBA, the Warriors seem heavy favourites but hopefully Curry gets stage fright  on his return to Toronto and Raptors make the most of their home crowd. Mon the dinosaurs! 

I watched most of the Bucks v Raptors series and enjoyed it quite a lot but the end of basketball games are utterly interminable. It might add to the drama if you have a dog in the fight but (to my mind) for the neutral it removes any fucks you could have given.

Edited by The OP

Hopefully Raptors in 7 on the back of a controversial call of some kind, just to get it right up the Yanks. 

It's certainly a big deal here, seems like every 3rd person has a Raptors jersey on today, I saw people on the subway this morning with chairs and food ready to queue up to get into "Jurassic Park" the outside viewing area at the arena, though considering people were lining up at 4am this morning they might be too late, they are also setting up "Jurassic Park" areas in Brampton and Mississauga for all the games, great idea especially as their is a huge fan base in those cities, maybe more so than Toronto. Cineplex cinemas across the country are also hosting free viewing parties. 

f**k the Brooklyn  Golden State!

Pascal Siakam went off last night, he's looking like developing into a solid 2nd or 3rd star on that team, Lowry needs to do more though shooting wise going forward.

Game 2 is absolutely massive now, if Toronto can do the same again then there is pressure on GSW they have never had before in chasing in a finals.

Good to see Boogie back but I cant help feel he makes the Warriors worse when he plays, so I'm not even convinced he will make a massive difference.

Superb start to the series, the car horns still going off at 1am were a little annoying but worth it. I'm far from an expert on basketball so maybe someone on here can explain it to me but it seemed strange that the Raptors seem to insist on going for 3 pointer right from the start rather than easier 2 pointers? Also why does Curry wear a gum shield? Seems pointless, especially since he just seems to chew it like Patrick Kane 

Lots of players wear them you only see Steph's because he chews on it. I trained with a team for a bit and a few guys wore them to avoid chipped teeth etc.

As for the 3 pointers I'd imagine its because Kawhi had 2 or even 3 players on him and he could kick it out to people who had open looks but I only caught the highlights so only see the made shots.