NBA

Cerberus

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Nae chance since I’m in Glasgow!

Meant more for when you were across in May, but tbh, it’s that much of a banger that it can be hummed at any time, in any place.

I, sadly, will not be in the states during any of the playoffs. I will, however, continue to get up at 5am to sit on my couch and watch the latest recorded instalment of NBA insanity before work.

7A1E6FBD-2F43-4B0B-93F2-93BDA236008F.thumb.jpeg.bd6c7ffe8c94717c62ad4e028ecb02d3.jpeg

“These hoops are really moreish”

4 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Meant more for when you were across in May, but tbh, it’s that much of a banger that it can be hummed at any time, in any place.

I, sadly, will not be in the states during any of the playoffs. I will, however, continue to get up at 5am to sit on my couch and watch the latest recorded instalment of NBA insanity before work.

7A1E6FBD-2F43-4B0B-93F2-93BDA236008F.thumb.jpeg.bd6c7ffe8c94717c62ad4e028ecb02d3.jpeg

“These hoops are really moreish”

Ah gotcha now.

My post may have been ambiguous - I won't be there in May, I was commenting on the fact that traditionally, the Knicks season finishes in April!

I did see them in January though, and that was the first time I had seen them win in person, so if they go all the way, it's clearly down to me.

17 hours ago, Jute said:

Steph Curry on fire tonight. 50 point game as Warriors look like going 4-3 against the Kings. Lakers up. next.

17 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Steph Curry is quite simply the greatest show on earth. The most entertaining sportsman on the planet bar none.

Now, Lakers v Warriors? Bron v Steph?

money futurama GIF

He’s incredible.  As far as I’m concerned, an all-time great.  

I might say similar about Steve Kerr in five years time as well.  What he’s doing with the Warriors is unreal. 

Not the NBA by any means, but we don't have a general basketball thread.

Went to see the Harlem Globetrotters v Washington Generals at Braehead tonight. An absolute ton of fun with some very good actual basketball sprinkled in. The Generals had a girl playing (Kayla Gabor, who played NCAA Division II basketball) who I don't think missed a shot all night. Fantastic entertainment, even if it was as far away from a competitive game you'll ever see.

20230502_203410.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/05/2023 at 22:18, Craig fae the Vale said:

Not the NBA by any means, but we don't have a general basketball thread.

Went to see the Harlem Globetrotters v Washington Generals at Braehead tonight. An absolute ton of fun with some very good actual basketball sprinkled in. The Generals had a girl playing (Kayla Gabor, who played NCAA Division II basketball) who I don't think missed a shot all night. Fantastic entertainment, even if it was as far away from a competitive game you'll ever see.

20230502_203410.jpg

Good lord! 

Spoiler

20230502_203410.thumb.jpg.8f4988c28dc57668f9f694b1d61e9400.jpg.5d945289995e8a2a5180336d26d71467.jpg

On 27/04/2023 at 10:40, J_Stewart said:

Mark Connolly humming away to himself down 7th Avenue

Good luck getting tickets, they'll be like gold dust.

As a fellow basketball enthusiast, it's fantastic to connect with a community that shares my passion for the sport. I'm currently a student and have been a basketball fan since my childhood days. The game has always captivated me, and I'm constantly seeking to expand my knowledge of its rich history. Speaking of learning, I recently discovered an incredible resource that I think you all might find valuable. I`m talkin about https://phdessay.com/free-essays-on/basketball/, they have a wide range of outstanding basketball-related works, including essays. I was pleasantly surprised to find an essay about my college team, which made me appreciate the depth of their collection even more. I believe Phdessay could be a great asset for optimizing the time you spend on your homework and assignments.

A tear just came to my eye. That was a great time for the Knicks.

Edited by Karl Lanes

Don't mind a bit of NBA, but I don't really understand the way the Draft picks work.

Seems to be some sort of lucky dip, but based partly on your record.

The Bulls could have got the number 1 pick, but because they got number 11; had to give the pick to Orlando Magic?

On 19/05/2023 at 07:37, Brummie Clyde said:

Don't mind a bit of NBA, but I don't really understand the way the Draft picks work.

Seems to be some sort of lucky dip, but based partly on your record.

The Bulls could have got the number 1 pick, but because they got number 11; had to give the pick to Orlando Magic?

The worst 14 go into the lottery; the worse you are the higher chance you have of getting the higher pick. That said, I'm fairly sure someone put the ping pong ball for Wembanyama in the freezer to have him go to San Antonio; the league did NOT want him to be going to a binfire franchise like Charlotte or Orlando. 

ETA - it's to stop (supposedly) teams deliberately tanking to be guaranteed the top picks, like Philly's 'process'. 

Edited by carpetmonster