NBA

Cerberus

Sadly Steph and Wiggins are both out, but buzzing to get to the Lakers-Warriors game tonight at the Crypt. Expecting a fairly comfortable Lakers win considering who GS are missing, their away record and that the Lakers have strengthened a lot at the trade deadline, but you never know if Klay and Poole both get hot.  Very excited to get to see King James live.

I fucking love NBA games. The level of basketball is incredible obviously, but the general atmosphere and show just adds to it. Brilliant every time. Was a good, close, back and forth game up until around a quarter through the 3rd, but then the  Warriors seemed to run out of steam, which with Steph and Wiggins both missing wasn’t surprising as they don’t have enough depth without those two.

Malik Beasley and Rui Hachimura were very good. Klay’s jump shot is art, and got to see Bron nail an incredibly sexy oop, so plenty of highlights.

D9303A9E-9968-4DDC-A704-62209DE90A2F.thumb.jpeg.31566048210e4a997606eb300c4849d8.jpeg8C0E9611-BB26-4AF3-9A28-26E825D128CF.thumb.jpeg.1d4d0c4fd60baaf25d62ad4dc8eecc1f.jpegB12E766E-B657-4998-B119-D8CBD09A5648.thumb.jpeg.d994a74af3d7539a57eca3a3c69b7584.jpeg73E9ED60-9820-437A-8D6F-33A5425C442F.thumb.jpeg.7bf5cba0a882e365e3216733cc3f8834.jpegF6E97334-4BB7-4DC6-8A92-26512908BAF3.thumb.jpeg.05400ef017dfb2dd72f7acb96c13ef63.jpeg

Was going to try and go to the Clippers Kings game tonight with last minute tickets as well as the weather is crap and we weren’t planning anything, but it’s actually so bad that they’ve released flood warnings and basically binned transport in the city, so didn’t bother buying them. Kawhi, PG and Westbrook all playing 40 minutes plus in a 176-175 double O/T barnstormer. Second highest scoring game in NBA history. One of the greatest games of all time. Absolutely gutted.

Edited by J_Stewart

• 2 weeks later...

Mavs v Phoenix game there was outstanding. Some of the best players alive just getting bucket after bucket, and - more importantly - just pure hatred of each other. 7-game playoff series please. The banter gods demand it.

• 2 weeks later...

This year I am not making a separate NCAA tourney thread (no one here seems to care which given the interest in America is always surprising to me)but it began today and already some upsets. More than anything I don't want Houston or Purdue to win, after that I don't care. And Duke to lose obviously.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/03/2023 at 01:49, BillyAnchor said:

This year I am not making a separate NCAA tourney thread (no one here seems to care which given the interest in America is always surprising to me)but it began today and already some upsets. More than anything I don't want Houston or Purdue to win, after that I don't care. And Duke to lose obviously.

Having watched a fair bit of “March Madness” I’d like UFA or SDS to win. Two complete outsiders.

3 hours ago, kiddy said:

Having watched a fair bit of “March Madness” I’d like UFA or SDS to win. Two complete outsiders.

I got my ugrad from San Diego State so I am really hoping they can do it. I never even considered they had a chance at the beginning. When I lived there in the 90s they played in a gym that most high schools would have been ashamed of and crowds were in the low hundreds. For them to be in with a shout this year is amazing to me.

On 27/03/2023 at 16:12, BillyAnchor said:

I got my ugrad from San Diego State so I am really hoping they can do it. I never even considered they had a chance at the beginning. When I lived there in the 90s they played in a gym that most high schools would have been ashamed of and crowds were in the low hundreds. For them to be in with a shout this year is amazing to me.

Either of the two of them win it & it’s a stick on ESPN 30 for 30 type doc in the making.

On 16/03/2023 at 06:20, Squalor Vic said:

Can't deny I'm not enjoying the Mavericks bombing a bit these days 

The number of wide open threes that Luka, and now Kyrie, create for the likes of Bullock, Kleber, Hardaway, etc to brick over and over again is genuinely incredible. If you got Luka a decent wing he'd average 15 assists a game, and if that wing could defend they could be a real force. Supporting cast just aren't good enough though.

On 27/03/2023 at 13:58, Savage Henry said:

So what is happening with Wiggins?  Are the rumours of his wife telling him he’s not the father of his kids true?

No one knows, but I would suspect those rumours were a load of shite. From memory, the guy originally spreading them was some random sitting in a cafe.

Nets fan here, first 3 quarters against the jazz were good then nearly chucked it in the 4th. Defensively all over the place come the 4th, curry useless. Harris awful tonight as well. Need to see more of sharpe. THT running the show for Jazz, class to watch, just not against the nets 😅

• 3 weeks later...

Every playoff game I’ve watched so far have been thoroughly enjoyable, even the Knicks Cavs 90s throwbacks. Kings Warriors has been the most enjoyable series so far, really hope it goes to 7 as it’s been that good, and loving the Suns v Westbrook revival, just a massive shame Kawhi’s missed the last two and PG’s out, would have been even closer if those two were available. Hope Lebron goes mental and torches Dillon Brooks tonight, the NBA banter gods demand it.

Still think either the Bucks or Celtics will win the whole thing, but zero idea who’s coming out of the West. Bar the stinking Wolves it could be literally any of the other 7. Hope it’s not the suns though, Paul and Booker are incredibly unlikeable, even if they are brilliant.

So much going on across the board. I fucking love basketball.