NBA

Cerberus

37 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Tmz just reported his 13 year old daughter was on board - nothing on the others but it's been confirmed Vanessa definitely wasn't. 

Really weird watching the start of the nuggets rockets game. The players clearly don't want to be there. 

Wait what? Why didn't they immediately cancel today's games? 

One reflection this has hit me pretty bad this morning. Thinking about the fact his family, Gigi’s sisters and mum probably didn’t even make a big deal about them leaving as usual for Sunday practice for some reason has hit me in the feels.

No death is good, obviously, but the nature of this type of death seems worse. Makes you think you never know when your times up and when the last time you’ll see someone you love.

Maybe I’m getting older but for some reason that’s got to me this morning.

.No death is good, obviously, but the nature of this type of death seems worse. Makes you think you never know when your times up and when the last time you’ll see someone you love.

Robert Archibald's death had a bigger effect on me. Helicopters are notoriously unsafe but someone dying suddenly of natural causes before they've turned forty is much more terrifying.

Apart from the rape and (ultimately successful) victim smearing defence. Awful thing to happen, but not a “nice guy”.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/01/27/posts-misguided-suspension-felicia-sonmez-over-kobe-bryant-tweets/

Would appear tens of thousands disagree, quite viscerally. [emoji85]

7 hours ago, kiddy said:
10 hours ago, The OP said:
Paywall.

You must be reading too much WP, as you get to view a few articles free gratis.

Aye I didn't actually realise I could click browse and read it, cheers. I understand his fans doxxed and death threatened the victim initially, which is why the criminal case fell apart, so it's none too surprising that similar would happen to a jounalist. 

Personally I just found it odd describing a rapist as "by all accounts a nice guy". There will be at least one account suggesting he is not very nice.

Aye I didn't actually realise I could click browse and read it, cheers. I understand his fans doxxed and death threatened the victim initially, which is why the criminal case fell apart, so it's none too surprising that similar would happen to a jounalist. 
Personally I just found it odd describing a rapist as "by all accounts a nice guy". There will be at least one account suggesting he is not very nice.

Op i could spend my time going through posts that you’ve made picking out turns of phrases you’ve used and being a smart arse about it, but lifes too short and that’s your MO. Yes im aware of the allegations and civil case, im referring to the countless testimonies from people who knew him in the NBA or for his charity work with basketball camps for kids etc.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Op i could spend my time going through posts that you’ve made picking out turns of phrases you’ve used and being a smart arse about it, but lifes too short and that’s your MO. Yes im aware of the allegations and civil case, im referring to the countless testimonies from people who knew him in the NBA or for his charity work with basketball camps for kids etc.

I'm honestly not trying to be picky or smart, I genuinely took issue with ignoring a dead celebrity's bad qualities because he was exceptionally good at chucking a ball through a hoop. I think I've made my point, and as I said above it's still a tragedy, particularly for those who weren't famous and didn't commit one of the worst crimes there is.