NBA

Cerberus

Steph Curry is just incredible to watch. He makes outlandish shots look easy.
Steph seems to be overlooked now with KD in the team and Davis being so phenomenal, he's always been the 2nd best player in the world for me though.

Take KD out of the warriors and they would still win a title, take Steph out and they would be 3rd/4th seed.

20 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Steph seems to be overlooked now with KD in the team and Davis being so phenomenal, he's always been the 2nd best player in the world for me though.

Take KD out of the warriors and they would still win a title, take Steph out and they would be 3rd/4th seed.

Yeah.  He seems like the ultimate team guy.

The story about how Nike fucked up their Curry pitch, and effectively made UA enormous as a result, is brilliant.

I just read it - http://www.espn.co.uk/nba/story/_/id/15047018/how-nike-lost-stephen-curry-armour

Fascinating about sports and business,particularly interesting is the bit where they ask who does LeBron really play for, the Cavs/Heat/Lakers or Nike?

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I just read it - http://www.espn.co.uk/nba/story/_/id/15047018/how-nike-lost-stephen-curry-armour

Fascinating about sports and business,particularly interesting is the bit where they ask who does LeBron really play for, the Cavs/Heat/Lakers or Nike?

Similar to the way they used to talk about original Ronaldo only signing for teams who's kit was made by Nike.

• 3 weeks later...

Been keeping up with basketball a bit more since NBA coverage went to Sky and particularly during this international break nonsense where there is no worthwhile football going on. Golden State Warriors seem to be fucking up from a position of extreme strength. Fingers crossed it avoids me ever having to hear 'three-peat' which is possibly the most disgusting term ever uttered in English. 

4 hours ago, The OP said:

Been keeping up with basketball a bit more since NBA coverage went to Sky and particularly during this international break nonsense where there is no worthwhile football going on. Golden State Warriors seem to be fucking up from a position of extreme strength. Fingers crossed it avoids me ever having to hear 'three-peat' which is possibly the most disgusting term ever uttered in English. 

They're 12-4 and don't even care about the regular season. They'll be absolutely fine.

I was at the 76ers @ Magic game on Wednesday. Bought tickets to one of the suites which was well worth it. £235 for two tickets with a decent view plus free food (which was excellent) and drinks. 

We went an hour and a half early and were one of the first to be let in to the stadium. As we were going up the escalator, one of the events staff noticed my Scotland top that I was wearing and asked if we wanted a tour of the center and a chance to see the players warm up courtside. Unbelievable experience that we were seemingly randomly selected for. We were walking around the stadium before most were let in and saw players locker room, media room etc, sat courtside watching Gordon, Vucevic and co go through their routines then stood in the tunnel as the players were coming out for tip off. 

Game was great too. Magic won with a Terrence Ross three with 8 seconds to go sealing the win. Magic went on a 21-0 run at one point in the 4th Quarter just as it looked like 76ers were pulling away. There was an insane series of possessions for Magic to take the lead which made the stadium electrifying. Terrence Ross (I think) made a 3 at one end then Joel Embiid sprinted down the court and tried to dunk on Isaac but was rejected. Magic hit a three on the other end to take the lead and the place erupted.

Aaron Gordon was very good. Vucevic is mainly a one way player who only scores points but Gordon has scoring, defense, rebounds and assists in his game. Terrence Ross is having a career year and the younger guys Simmons and Isaac look not bad off the bench. 

If the big 3's first game together is anything to go by, Embiid is still the franchise and Butler will need to figure out how to play without the ball.

Edited by GingerSaint

I was at the 76ers @ Magic game on Wednesday. Bought tickets to one of the suites which was well worth it. £235 for two tickets with a decent view plus free food (which was excellent) and drinks. 
We went an hour and a half early and were one of the first to be let in to the stadium. As we were going up the escalator, one of the events staff noticed my Scotland top that I was wearing and asked if we wanted a tour of the center and a chance to see the players warm up courtside. Unbelievable experience that we were seemingly randomly selected for. We were walking around the stadium before most were let in and saw players locker room, media room etc, sat courtside watching Gordon, Vucevic and co go through their routines then stood in the tunnel as the players were coming out for tip off. 
Game was great too. Magic won with a Terrence Ross three with 8 seconds to go sealing the win. Magic went on a 21-0 run at one point in the 4th Quarter just as it looked like 76ers were pulling away. There was an insane series of possessions for Magic to take the lead which made the stadium electrifying. Terrence Ross (I think) made a 3 at one end then Joel Embiid sprinted down the court and tried to dunk on Isaac but was rejected. Magic hit a three on the other end to take the lead and the place erupted.
Aaron Gordon was very good. Vucevic is mainly a one way player who only scores points but Gordon has scoring, defense, rebounds and assists in his game. Terrence Ross is having a career year and the younger guys Simmons and Isaac look not bad off the bench. 
If the big 3's first game together is anything to go by, Embiid is still the franchise and Butler will need to figure out how to play without the ball.

I feel that keeping hold of Gordon is crucial for them to grow. Agree about Vucevic but he is so effective at what he does. Glad you got the vip treatment, I think they do things very well at the Amway and the staff are a level above a lot of event staff.

13 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I feel that keeping hold of Gordon is crucial for them to grow. Agree about Vucevic but he is so effective at what he does. Glad you got the vip treatment, I think they do things very well at the Amway and the staff are a level above a lot of event staff.

Nothing wrong with having a 7 footer who can shoot the three, go for 30 at any time and completely destroys bench players but your right in that I think Gordon is a more important player for them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...