Queen's Park 2017/18

16 hours ago, an86 said:

Has looked impressive, so far.

Early days but aye, he's far more confident looking and involved a lot more. Maybe now playing in a role that suits him.  Him, Galt, and Brady have been the best so far for me   

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Early days but aye, he's far more confident looking and involved a lot more. Maybe now playing in a role that suits him.  Him, Galt, and Brady have been the best so far for me   

after Saturday (and I know it's in context bearing in mind the poor standard of opposition) I'd be adding Kevin Green & Bryan Wharton to that list too

1 hour ago, The Spider said:

after Saturday (and I know it's in context bearing in mind the poor standard of opposition) I'd be adding Kevin Green & Bryan Wharton to that list too

Wharton was outstanding against Morton last week. 

Any info on the new striker we have signed, James macleannan?

Strong striker, quality in the air and will fight for every ball.

Scored over 50 goals at under 21 level last year, good return at any level.

Will be a solid addition, different style of player to the other three strikers we have signed up.

1 hour ago, NathanQP said:

Yes. According to the website, his favourite food is sausage and mash, his favourite film is Forrest Gump, and his favourite music is easy listening.

As well as his favourite tea, there's some info on his playing career there too, as below. Although I have to say qpscott1's post was more enlightening.

James started playing football, aged 4, with Erskine Boys’ Club. Aged 12 James moved to Everton Boys’ Club in Paisley. After a few try-outs with Pro Youth clubs such as St Mirren and Motherwell James returned to Everton BC and played with them until age 16.

Next up for James was Harmony Row. At 17 he moved to Bishopton Boys’ Club where he played for 2.5 years. Last season James played with West Park.

James signed for Queen’s Park in July 2017.

As well as his favourite tea, there's some info on his playing career there too, as below. Although I have to say qpscott1's post was more enlightening.

James started playing football, aged 4, with Erskine Boys’ Club. Aged 12 James moved to Everton Boys’ Club in Paisley. After a few try-outs with Pro Youth clubs such as St Mirren and Motherwell James returned to Everton BC and played with them until age 16.

Next up for James was Harmony Row. At 17 he moved to Bishopton Boys’ Club where he played for 2.5 years. Last season James played with West Park.

James signed for Queen’s Park in July 2017.

Yeah there's no stats in the website blurb which is what I was looking for but thanks

Good result, tonight. Assume we'll have a friendly lined up on Saturday? Anyone know if/when/where? 

Of the other league cup teams who've completed their games only Livi and East Fife would stretch us. Assuming at this stage Gus would want stiff opposition. Clyde and Kilby are on the B list but can't see the gaffer and his lovely assistant learning much against those. Although the Billy Stark connection might be the link?

On 27/07/2017 at 12:06, Hampden Diehard said:

There's a knockabout on Sat at 1.00pm at the JB

Any word on the opposition, score etc? Didn't manage up as I was lying dead with a crippling hangover.

56 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

Bryan Wharton in midfield?

In my head, he was more of a centre back but the squad list I saw online had him down as a midfielder so I assumed he'd been converted into that role. If I'm wrong,, apologies for the error and I will change. 

On 8/3/2017 at 09:18, dafcburty said:

Very good mate. I would personally have Wharton playing striker against certain teams but I seem to be in a gang of one here. Enlightment is a lonely place :unsure:

FYI, both MacPherson's have the same spelling on account of Ewan being Gus' laddie. 

Here's the OS squad list for your reference...

http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/?page_id=253

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Very good mate. I would personally have Wharton playing striker against certain teams but I seem to be in a gang of one here. Enlightment is a lonely place :unsure:

FYI, both MacPherson's have the same spelling on account of Ewan being Gus' laddie. 

Here's the OS squad list for your reference...

http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/?page_id=253

Thank you, appreciate your help and comments. 

All the best for the season. 

Archived