Queen's Park 2017/18

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it not something to do with contracts expiring? I can't remember if it's the end of May or June but because they are only year-long contracts (amateur) the club waits 'til they have formally expired. Effectively ties a player to the club until that date.  Not sure what advantage that gives us 

If this is the case why are players going to other clubs while our official site says nothing. Says a lot when Brady goes from league one to lowland league.

2 hours ago, bobthespider said:

If this is the case why are players going to other clubs while our official site says nothing. Says a lot when Brady goes from league one to lowland league.

Not sure we can technically do pre-contracts with our status? Someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to answer.

On 17 May 2018 at 19:24, bobthespider said:

Brady away to East Kilbride

Surely not Anton!!!!  In the games against East Fife at Bayview, I thought Anton was the only player on the park. He was constantly getting shouted at by Gus.

13 hours ago, bobthespider said:

I take it there was nobody at the AGM last night who posts on pie and bovril who can tell us anything that was reported about the most important year in our history.

Key points were:

• Club is financially healthy on an operating basis
  • Committed to the ongoing community/youth/ladies teams
  • Gus MacPherson and his support network are working hard in preparation for the start of the season. The club maintains it's position that announcements will be made regarding player movements when formally allowed.
  • NDAs are in place between the SFA and QPFC regarding the ongoing stadium issue. Regular meetings taking place. No further information at this time.
  • New club president inaugurated - Gerry Crawley.  This is a routinely timed rotation.
15 hours ago, bobthespider said:

Did our manager say anything at the AGM

The team manager/players weren't in attendance - members only. That's perfectly normal and consistent.

10 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

Surely not Anton!!!!  In the games against East Fife at Bayview, I thought Anton was the only player on the park. He was constantly getting shouted at by Gus.

He was getting so much abuse by big Gus when he played us that even the Airdrie fans were telling him to lay off him because it was getting embarrassing.

6 minutes ago, Roger Thornhill said:

He was getting so much abuse by big Gus when he played us that even the Airdrie fans were telling him to lay off him because it was getting embarrassing.

It appears to only be a few of our own who don't seem to care about his behaviour. Few of those players leaving are being scooped up for better things. There is an underlying common denominator in this. Someone on the committee must grow a pair and prune out the cause.

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

It appears to only be a few of our own who don't seem to care about his behaviour. Few of those players leaving are being scooped up for better things. There is an underlying common denominator in this. Someone on the committee must grow a pair and prune out the cause.

“Only a few.” I concede he splits opinion, but I don’t get the sense that there’s a great majority on either side of the debate.

I take it there was nobody at the AGM last night who posts on pie and bovril who can tell us anything that was reported about the most important year in our history.

If you are so concerned with the goings on of the AGM, why don’t you become a member and attend said AGM

Archived