Queen's Park 2017/18

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eddie been at a lot of pollok games thus season as well. Most of there best players signed up for next year though. 

I was talking about recent acquisition s especially last year was a disaster and he was recruiting to play at a higher level. 

1 minute ago, spider1867 said:

Eddie been at a lot of pollok games thus season as well. Most of there best players signed up for next year though. 

I was talking about recent acquisition s especially last year was a disaster and he was recruiting to play at a higher level. 

Fair point, quite a few didn't make it last season a few ended up at Cambuslang, Duff and green being two.

Then you should clarify that. The fact is that his previous recruitment at League 2 level (where we will be next season) was excellent. I'm confident he can do something similar in the close season.

Surprised QP haven’t recruited more from the Lowland League which is after all a tier above the Juniors...think Brady and McLeish were both very decent acquisitions and IMO there’s plenty more and in the main paid a lot less than top juniors.

Funny to read the critics of Gus having a go at him for alleged outdated methods, being far too "old school", and shouting & bawling at players, then reading that one of our main scouts is Eddie Hunter! A club legend of course but more of a maddie than Gus will ever be.    

37 minutes ago, bobthespider said:

When will the official site inform us who has left ?

Not sure. Some guys might still be pondering their options, so it’s possible that things won’t be officially announced until later.

3 hours ago, bobthespider said:

When will the official site inform us who has left ?

Is it not something to do with contracts expiring? I can't remember if it's the end of May or June but because they are only year-long contracts (amateur) the club waits 'til they have formally expired. Effectively ties a player to the club until that date.  Not sure what advantage that gives us 

It'll be the same as every year; you can't be sure that they've signed until they turn out in the first competitive game of the season. QP are always loathe to announce signings as guys are sometimes tapped up even though they've said they'll sign or even when they have signed. It's very frustrating but it tends to be how it is.

The drop in division won't help in signings or loans. I've also heard that more and more Junior clubs are signing guys on 2 year contracts.

2 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

I would love the club to come and tell us who has signed on for next year.

They won’t for the reasons outlined by HD. Nothing can be announced on the signing front until this seasons contracts officially expire.

It's the club AGM this Thursday. I trust that all those members who have posted very strong opinions on the stadium issue will be in attendance to ask the committee the relevant questions. I do hope so as some of the debate has been excellent. 

2 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Thoughts on Sean Burns guys?

Good player. Under appreciated by moaners who won’t recognise his contribution until he’s gone. Brechin bound?

5 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Thoughts on Sean Burns guys?

Was never too keen on him when we were in League 2, however he became one of our most consistent and reliable players throughout our two years league 1. Very dependable when attacking and has improved his defensive work considerably. Will be missed 

Archived