Queen's Park 2017/18

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, spider1867 said:

After seeing these fixtures I believe we will get the play off spot. 

Whether we will get thru from them I'm not so sure. Some good teams scoring a lot of goals in league 2(god forbid Clyde get thru to the playoffs)

How many of our squad will stay(or do we want to stay) for another league 2 campaign if we do go down. 

Gus will have to recruit better than this year, if he sticks about. 

Will have to balance between some good pros and some young  guys with ability. 

What's everyone's thoughts.  

Clyde are a cert for the playoffs imo. Momentum and a decent run of fixtures. Sadly, I wouldn’t fancy us at all.

Just popped into Lesser last night, didn't see whole game but beat league leaders Airdrie 4-0, don't have goal scorers but Foy, Green and Mcpherson played from the 1st team squad. Again Ali Miller shone in a very good team performance. Now 4 points behind Airdrie in second.

On 3/29/2018 at 12:20, PASSANDMOVE said:

Just popped into Lesser last night, didn't see whole game but beat league leaders Airdrie 4-0, don't have goal scorers but Foy, Green and Mcpherson played from the 1st team squad. Again Ali Miller shone in a very good team performance. Now 4 points behind Airdrie in second.

Now 3rd obviously another blooper by the officials. 

28 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43604938

Agreement in principle, subject to agreeing terms. So no agreement other than agreeing to maybe agree.  

Aye, I meant no agreement on principle to sell. The talk I’ve heard is that the SFA leaked a lot of pish to the press about QP agreeing to sell and that this isn’t yet the case. Could be bullshit, could be true. It was highly unusual on Saturday that nobody, including members, seemed to know anything.

3 minutes ago, an86 said:

Aye, I meant no agreement on principle to sell. The talk I’ve heard is that the SFA leaked a lot of pish to the press about QP agreeing to sell and that this isn’t yet the case. Could be bullshit, could be true. It was highly unusual on Saturday that nobody, including members, seemed to know anything.

The President gave enough clues in his blog. We've little options, it's just how much dosh we can barter for. As for time pressure, the sooner we get a deal the longer we have to plan for Project Fourth Hampden before we get evicted.

56 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The President gave enough clues in his blog. We've little options, it's just how much dosh we can barter for. As for time pressure, the sooner we get a deal the longer we have to plan for Project Fourth Hampden before we get evicted.

I agree. They have us over a barrel. Lesser Hampden is an absolute must in terms of where we play our home games, whether we own it or not. If the club ended up moving from the southside and/or long term ground sharing, it'd be the slow road to death. Everyone saw what happened to crowds when we went out to Airdrie.

52 minutes ago, an86 said:

I agree. They have us over a barrel. Lesser Hampden is an absolute must in terms of where we play our home games, whether we own it or not. If the club ended up moving from the southside and/or long term ground sharing, it'd be the slow road to death. Everyone saw what happened to crowds when we went out to Airdrie.

Haven't see anything mentioning Lesser. The two are distinct as venues, albeit both together form the total asset. Trying to grab Lesser would be a PR nightmare for the SFA. It's the big park with all it's various revenue potentials that they want. But I wouldn't be surprised if the SRU have a last roll of the dice so the sooner it's a signed deal the better.  Provided we get the best price of course. £2m is laughable.

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Bad news guys. Turns out The Shanks started his career at Aberdeen. It was all just a dream. Thanks to Auntie for keeping it real.

image.png.a3726c0d0fc6605a795c3fd655a8ae70.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43800277

Wow, in the circumstances Aberdeen were ridiculously generous to give us a development fee for doing absolutely f**k all

Huge game on Saturday will the club be doing anything to attract a bigger crowd to support the team .

Good shout Bob. Jags are away at Perth so maybe a few there but with the Ugly Sisters shitfest on Sunday we're probably not on the back page. Doubt if many will travel down from Arbroath either. The club have been promoting hospitality deals but it's the local area that could make a difference.

2 hours ago, bobthespider said:

Huge game on Saturday will the club be doing anything to attract a bigger crowd to support the team .

No doubt there will be a hastily arranged committee meeting for tomorrow night to discuss the matter where they will agree to create a sub-committee to look it into it in more detail. They'll meet on Wednesday and agree to strongly recommend that there should be a leaflet/voucher drop into 1,000 local homes, 100 posters put into local shops, a press release targetted via our pet Evening Times journos + free tickets to all primary schools within a 1 mile radius. The committee will re-convene on Friday night and agree that some promising ideas have come out of the initiative, but that sadly a lack of time prevents them from being implemented. However they agree to review the matter should similar circumstances prevail in the future.

Twas ever thus! 

Good shout Bob. Jags are away at Perth so maybe a few there but with the Ugly Sisters shitfest on Sunday we're probably not on the back page. Doubt if many will travel down from Arbroath either. The club have been promoting hospitality deals but it's the local area that could make a difference.

Why wouldn’t we? Last league game before the play offs, no pressure, only Glasgow?

Know a fair few groups that are planning on a good beverage. A group of Arbroath fans in your hospitality too.

Hopefully see some more nice football and plenty of goals seeing as there’s no pressure on us.

Good man. Wondered if the pocket money for the play-offs might have an effect. Lichties always welcome. 

Haha nah, maybe the case for some but don’t imagine it’ll be down on the usual, these are the best days. Pressure free and there’s something great about playing at Hampden.

Only looking like it’ll be a short trip to Kirkcaldy next week too.

Think it’ll be a good watch, big wide pitch, good surface, you will surely be going for it and we will too, everyone will be playing for a spot on Wednesday. Look forward to it

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Good man. Wondered if the pocket money for the play-offs might have an effect. Lichties always welcome. 

Always a good day out at Hampden. Pity it's unlikely we'll be there next season.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Only looking like it’ll be a short trip to Kirkcaldy long trek to Ayr next week too.

Mrs Gilp was looking forward to a long weekend in Fife too!

Archived