Queen's Park 2017/18

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, MonTheHedge said:

Is that big Gerry McLauchlan at the back for yous? Ex brechin, cowdie amongst others?

Aye, played last night for the first time after training with us for the last few weeks.  Looked pretty solid, especially the second half

Aye, played last night for the first time after training with us for the last few weeks.  Looked pretty solid, especially the second half

Really liked him at Brechin, like you say looks fairly solid tends to chip in with a couple goals across the season. Hope he does well for you.

39 minutes ago, PASSANDMOVE said:

I  get all this doom and gloom but we can still get out of this, granted I don't see the team live very much anymore and it must be tough. When there's still a chance and there is then lets be positive. C'mon the Queen's.

It’s not doom and gloom. It’s logic and realism. We’ve won league five games all season. We have to win two games in the next seven to have a chance and that’s just if Forfar/Rovers stand still, which they won’t. We’re cooked.

5 hours ago, PASSANDMOVE said:

I  get all this doom and gloom but we can still get out of this, granted I don't see the team live very much anymore and it must be tough. When there's still a chance and there is then lets be positive. C'mon the Queen's.

This time last year I was urging the team to go for the play-offs at the top whilst some were checking the results of the teams at the bottom. But that wasn't blind loyalty or enthusiasm, I could see things in the way we were playing that gave me some belief. It was a realistic assessment. My realistic assessment this year is there is no sign that we are likely to improve our previous level of performance, and especially with the fixture card below. 

We've as much chance of doing the miraculous as Liverpool had at half-time in the 2005 Champions League Final. 

image.png.c1c838e0556ea820ae73ca2c6206a719.png

19 hours ago, bobthespider said:

White

Millen
Cummins
McLaughlin
Burns

Mcvey
Brady
Donnelly
Galt

Keena
Mortimer

This team for Saturday please.

That's a very adventurous line-up Bob, given that Donnelly tends to occupy the gap between midfield and the striker. Whilst you might get away with that at Hampden, I don't think Stair Park is the right venue as there would be less space for Keena and Mortimer to run into, whilst Donnelly wouldn't get the room he needs to be able to get his head up and thread subtle passes behind the defence. I think you are on the right lines though, and the only change I'd make is to replace either Donnelly or Mortimer with Gibson and push Burns (who was an attacking threat v 'Rovers) into left midfield.

I'd go with Bob's except Fotheringham instead of Donnely. Keena sits deep when collecting  and prefers a run at goal rather than a six yard poach. For his strike against Alloa he collected the ball on the left wing about five yards past the halway line. Mortimer up top to take a pounding from the centre-halves and make some space.

Donnelly doesn't have the graft for a physical team like Stranraer, especially on a heavy pitch, but he might make an impact after 70 minutes with McVey/Fotheringham stepping out. As mentioned last week he's still one of our top scorers despite a low number of appearances. Galt and Brady need to rattle it at every opportunity. 

3 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Agree but it will be back as the home top next season

Meanwhile,  Galty has been training with Costa Rica

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2396656/queens-park-cristian-gamboa-keylor-navas-costa-rica/

Late sub for Costa Rica with a fake ’tache to ping one in off the bar, tomorrow night.

15 hours ago, an86 said:

Late sub for Costa Rica with a fake ’tache to ping one in off the bar, tomorrow night.

Does this mean I'll have to bring a Costa Rica flag to Ayr tomorrow along with my Irish tricolour? 

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Does this mean I'll have to bring a Costa Rica flag to Ayr tomorrow along with my Irish tricolour? 

I tentatively looked into the the possibility of a flag in honour of our Costa Rican hero. Doesn’t seem to be a great market for such things in the Glasgow area, surprisingly.

8 minutes ago, an86 said:

I tentatively looked into the the possibility of a flag in honour of our Costa Rican hero. Doesn’t seem to be a great market for such things in the Glasgow area, surprisingly.

Buy some spray paint and get an old bed sheet. I would do it but I'm currently trying to sew a picture of St Aidan onto my tricolour

17 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Buy some spray paint and get an old bed sheet. I would do it but I'm currently trying to sew a picture of St Aidan onto my tricolour

Just do a really crudely drawn picture of him like when Dougal painted Bishop Brennan onto the skirting board. It’ll save time.

On 3/15/2018 at 13:24, Bring Your Own Socks said:

This time last year I was urging the team to go for the play-offs at the top whilst some were checking the results of the teams at the bottom. But that wasn't blind loyalty or enthusiasm, I could see things in the way we were playing that gave me some belief. It was a realistic assessment. My realistic assessment this year is there is no sign that we are likely to improve our previous level of performance, and especially with the fixture card below. 

We've as much chance of doing the miraculous as Liverpool had at half-time in the 2005 Champions League Final. 

image.png.c1c838e0556ea820ae73ca2c6206a719.png

After seeing these fixtures I believe we will get the play off spot. 

Whether we will get thru from them I'm not so sure. Some good teams scoring a lot of goals in league 2(god forbid Clyde get thru to the playoffs)

How many of our squad will stay(or do we want to stay) for another league 2 campaign if we do go down. 

Gus will have to recruit better than this year, if he sticks about. 

Will have to balance between some good pros and some young  guys with ability. 

What's everyone's thoughts.  

Archived