Queen's Park 2017/18

Queens fans, what’s your opinion/view on things if Scotland move from Hampden? Will you move to a new purpose built ground? Will the SFA help fund it? Obviously all hypothetical just now.

All the best against Ayr today. I’m looking forward to a few prematch beers in the social club next week, great place.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, The Spider said:

Tut tut. Obviously you weren't at Hampden on 24th June 1989 then?

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Don 't go to any of the summer gigs. Just the fitba for me. 

Oh dear BYOS, this is comedy gold...............................time to hang your head in shame!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/ex-sfa-chief-still-raging-20-1028076

5 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Queens fans, what’s your opinion/view on things if Scotland move from Hampden? Will you move to a new purpose built ground? Will the SFA help fund it? Obviously all hypothetical just now.

All the best against Ayr today. I’m looking forward to a few prematch beers in the social club next week, great place.

Personally, I think we should have sold Hampden and surrounding ground 25/30 years ago. It is prime housing real estate and part of the deal should be to upgrade Lesser Hampden into a luxury little stadium more than enough for our needs. My concern would be the long term financial situation. Where would income come from? Other clubs seem to manage so we should be able to. Initially we could potentially be one of the richest clubs in Scotland. Biggest fear is those who are running our club wallowing in status and nostalgia. Arguing a case for a neutral National Stadium is not difficult until you actually look at the stadium you are talking about. It is dated and not in keeping with modern stadia throughout the world. 

Oh dear BYOS, this is comedy gold...............................time to hang your head in shame!
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/ex-sfa-chief-still-raging-20-1028076

Seriously? [emoji1] williebraveheart's comment was enough to jolt the memory. Never thought you'd go for it. A band called Saudi Arabia DNA? [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

5 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Seriously? emoji1.png williebraveheart's comment was enough to jolt the memory. Never thought you'd go for it. A band called Saudi Arabia DNA? emoji1.pngemoji1.pngemoji1.png

If that's the way you want to re-write history then fine, but you're trying just a little too hard there and I think most people will see through that.

12 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

GCC  :wub: 

Glad someone's sticking up for the good guys in their fight against incompetent leadership and the bigot brothers

13 hours ago, The Spider said:

If that's the way you want to re-write history then fine, but you're trying just a little too hard there and I think most people will see through that.

I doubt if "most people" could give a toss, or anyone bar you for that matter. I've no recollection at all of days in June 1989, had a full life since then.  If it makes you feel better though, well done.

21 hours ago, The Spider said:

GCC  :wub: 

Glad someone's sticking up for the good guys in their fight against incompetent leadership and the bigot brothers

Hampden is in the council leader’s ward. She’ll be taking a very keen interest on a number of fronts.

10 hours ago, an86 said:

Hampden is in the council leader’s ward. She’ll be taking a very keen interest on a number of fronts.

Couldn't care a hoot about her reasons or motives Annie - just content that we've got one of the major players in our team, albeit more of a Hanley than a Ronaldo or Messi!

8 hours ago, The Spider said:

Couldn't care a hoot about her reasons or motives Annie - just content that we've got one of the major players in our team, albeit more of a Hanley than a Ronaldo or Messi!

Let's not forget how much Glasgow made from the Commonwealth, courtesy of the old fruit bowl. There are more like her at her back, and not just from Glasgow. It's a nice twist to have two former OF stars, Feguson and Dalglish, in Team Hampden too.

Is it just me. We are rooted to the bottom of the league on a downward spiral and forfar seem to be picking up.  I have always said I am all for young players getting there chance, but our young players bit other teams players. Tell me if I am wrong but a couple of young players is not what we need. We need a couple of experienced defenders, a holding midfielder, an experienced hold up forward and another goalkeeper. Why bring in a couple of youngsters from hibs and hearts. Gus does not seem to have any other plans during a game always changing like for like, not willing to change anything or players. What does fotheringham do for us. Plays the whole game all the time but does nothing does not protect defence or support forward players. What is his role? Surely Docherty is a better option or another? More mobile more if a goal threat. Donnelly drives me nuts so talented but so lazy, looks knackered after 10 mins. Mortimer is a nuisance to defenders but not a scorer. Gus needs to mix it up a bit to loyal to players that are not doing it for us. If we go down which looks likely now I have no doubt the club will replace Gus. Ooh that's better what do you guts think. 

You can’t just magic experienced players from nowhere. Experienced players will generally want a couple of quid and we’re not in that market. I’m afraid taking a punt on loans is, and probably always will be, just about the extent of our January business. Sometimes it’ll work and sometimes it won’t. 

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

See you next season emoji837.pngemoji836.pngemoji835.png

That's what we were all led to believe back in July when I glanced at your 2017/18 thread. Been a while since I checked the League Two table but assume that you've already won the title and have all cleaned up at the generous odds the bookies foolishly offered you for doing so? Will they be presenting you with the trophy now, or does protocol dictate that they hold-off until the last game of the season?

7 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

Kevin Green has left I believe. 

Unless Foy's fit again that leaves us short in central defence when we get injuries and/or suspensions...................the "get Wharton back" campaign starts here :whistle

Archived