Queen's Park 2017/18

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

"Pay what you want"didn't work for Albion Rovers (people essentially took the piss), but I'm hopeful that doing something to attract kids, particularly those that attend our coaching classes, will come about. We'll see.

I agree that it's madness to do it over the course of a full season, but a one off game at the right time can be a good thing. We saw how many folk came out for the Clyde game and we could have a bumper crowd v Rovers over the festive period if we do something similar. 

Also, have we ever done anything at the colleges and unis? We offer fantastic season ticket offers to students. Glasgow Clyde is just round the corner and lots of folk new to the city, who can't afford 30 quid a pop for bigger teams might be interested in cheap, local football. 

Annie, you are getting perilously close to receiving a greenie from me for all this common sense you are spouting............which in turn suggests that there's very little chance of our beloved Committee acting on it, sadly.

Season ticket prices up by 25%. Just got the letter through the post - up from £160 to £200. Didn't expect that - thought they might have put them up by a tenner or so. Pay at the gate has gone up to £14. Concessions (kids, unemployed and students) are £3 at the gate. Senior Citizen £5 at the gate. Senior Citizen season ticket is £70, concession season ticket is £45.

Looks like I'll have to pass myself off as a 12 year old...

Season ticket prices up by 25%. Just got the letter through the post - up from £160 to £200. Didn't expect that - thought they might have put them up by a tenner or so. Pay at the gate has gone up to £14. Concessions (kids, unemployed and students) are £3 at the gate. Senior Citizen £5 at the gate. Senior Citizen season ticket is £70, concession season ticket is £45.
Looks like I'll have to pass myself off as a 12 year old...

The justification seems to be that inflation's gone up 16% since the last price increase (not sure how this then translates to a 25% increase in season ticket prices) and other teams in the league charge more so we're going to do that too.

Given that we struggle to get crowds much above 500-600 when we're doing well I can't see this attracting any more along, and might be enough to put some folks off.

The price increases are a bit of a sore one, they should be offering free season tickets to under 12s, try to get them hooked on that sweet black and white nectar as soon as possible

Went to the game today. Won 3-1 against a thistle u20 side . The number 5 and 6 for Queens were great but were not up against much . Think the price increases are poor unless we have someone on board who is going to promote the team and games a bit more. Glad to see Brady play would make him captain or Gibson once he gets himself fit . Hopefully the club website will keep us updated on who has signed and left before season starts .

Maybe someone who was at the meeting could clarify what the financial situation is. Are we losing money? It'd be the only justification to put prices up. I'm not really interested in what the prices are for other teams in the league. I'm only interested in Queen's Park being as affordable as possible for people to come and watch. We struggle to attract crowds and are barely visible locally as it is. I can't see this as being anything other than a retrograde step, unless there is a sound financial reason for doing it. 

2 hours ago, bobthespider said:

Glad to see McPherson going nuts on the touch line . Hope he has spoken to Orsi .

I love his attitude. Pretty clear that he demands a certain standard and coaches the players through the game, whether it's a playoff final or a kickabout. He's not a fashionable manager, and I'd hate to lose him, but the guy should be managing full-time. When you look back at his record he's only really had one bad season in the game, when he was at Queen of the South. Best Queen's Park manager of my lifetime. 

Would have preferred an Away gate with prices matching the opposition club's prices, changing per game. Got mugged for £32 at Alloa for me and my teenage son. No concessions for visitors apparently. Presumably if the prices go up in line with L1 then they'll go down if we get relegated. Some respect due for not lifting prices last season though. It's all the Leavers fault!

Good to see the early formation of a starting eleven. Is Orsi signed or trialling?

16 hours ago, Chester Desmond said:

The justification seems to be that inflation's gone up 16% since the last price increase (not sure how this then translates to a 25% increase in season ticket prices) and other teams in the league charge more so we're going to do that too.

Given that we struggle to get crowds much above 500-600 when we're doing well I can't see this attracting any more along, and might be enough to put some folks off.

Perversely that might be the reason. The table below shows how by simply rasing prices on the same volume it can have a positive effect (this table is for discounts, reverse the thought process). Of course, there is a tipping point where the price becomes so high the volume drops. The committee seem to think they've done a lot to bring in more customers (!) so if 600 is the max volume regularly (and it's been that way for decades) the only way to grow the turnover is raising prices.

I don't mind paying the QP. It's those bandits in the concourse I grudge paying. (not you HD ;))

Example: discounting price by 20% requires 200% increase in sale to maintain GM. 

5958bbb258f61_Discountsvmargins.JPG.723157c1a9f2e3fe01ac708e4ffdf60a.JPG

£14 is too much for our level, but I'm not particularly convinced that putting prices up £2 will deter anyone.  We don't seem to get too many floating fans.  A wee scoot around the websites show that Alloa are still at £16, as are Ayr.  Raith are £15.

35 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

£16 fuckin quid.. Thank you barry ferguson. 3rd div will do.just nicely for now...

It's David Galt you should be thanking.

Archived