Queen's Park 2017/18

59 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Aiden Mclleduff is on trial with Dumbarton. Can anyone tell me how he was for you last season?

Wasn't better than anything we already had and soon lost his place in the team. Obviously some talent there but didn't really show it with us

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it not something to do with amateur contracts not terminating until June 30th and the club can't comment until after that when the new contracts can be signed?

Yip.

It's the same every year, so we shouldn't get frustrated about it. Ditto the lack of info on friendlies.

All you need to know is that Gus is on the case.

I suspect he'll have an even bigger challenge this year. It'll be tough finding Juniors to leap up to L1 and make an early impact. And then there's the Wishart factor. If the reports as above are confirmed it's good work by the gaffer. Shows how fragile it is when Brady, who only became a regular towards mid-season, is now a pencil-in.

I'm now qualifying a "decent" striker as anyone who can hit double figures. And I reserve the right to downgrade that further at Christmas. Disappointment only comes from expectation.[emoji53]

21 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Yip.

It's the same every year, so we shouldn't get frustrated about it. Ditto the lack of info on friendlies.

Usually get a wee nod about friendlies, though. Useful if anyone just happens to be passing Lesser when they are played! I'm needing my fix.

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 20:05, an86 said:

Usually get a wee nod about friendlies, though. Useful if anyone just happens to be passing Lesser when they are played! I'm needing my fix.

http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/?p=4366

"This Saturday sees the first of five pre-season games with Partick Thistle coming to Lesser Hampden.  Next week we play St Mirren on Tuesday and Dundee on Thursday, both games at Lesser Hampden.  On Saturday 8th July we play Cumbernauld Colts at Broadwood.

Our final pre-season game is away to Falkirk on Monday 10th July.

Please remember as Lesser Hampden is not a licensed ground games played there are closed door."

Gus gave a squad update at the end of QPSA meeting last night
Left mcgeever mckernon Liam brown and Gavin Mitchell
New additions 4 from juniors 3 from rob Roy and 1 from yoker athletic
Thomas Orr striker from Morton and Gregor fotheringham returns from Oz end of July
Spotted big Wharton sporting a blond barnet at training [emoji85]

27 minutes ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Gus gave a squad update at the end of QPSA meeting last night
Left mcgeever mckernon Liam brown and Gavin Mitchell
New additions 4 from juniors 3 from rob Roy and 1 from yoker athletic
Thomas Orr striker from Morton and Gregor fotheringham returns from Oz end of July
Spotted big Wharton sporting a blond barnet at training emoji85.png

Cheers Alf. That's not as bad as I had feared tbh. Fotheringham back is a boon and a striker from a higher division? ooft!

Is the beard blond too?

Any truth in the rumour of admission prices going up? Not sure of the reliability of my source, right enough. Still, it's a football forum, which means that unfounded gossip is a must.

Cheers Alf. That's not as bad as I had feared tbh. Fotheringham back is a boon and a striker from a higher division? ooft!
Is the beard blond too?

Beard still black collar and cuffs not matching!
Looking at Thomas Orr's bio - loan spells at shire livi and BSC
only 20...

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Any truth in the rumour of admission prices going up? Not sure of the reliability of my source, right enough. Still, it's a football forum, which means that unfounded gossip is a must.

A question was asked at the club AGM asking if the committee had any ideas on how to attract more punters to our games, considering how dire our home crowds are. Repeating the exercise of the "Return to Hampden" Clyde game was suggested, as was a " pay what you want" day. They didn't appear interested at all. Increasing the prices would just be ridiculous 

27 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

A question was asked at the club AGM asking if the committee had any ideas on how to attract more punters to our games, considering how dire our home crowds are. Repeating the exercise of the "Return to Hampden" Clyde game was suggested, as was a " pay what you want" day. They didn't appear interested at all. Increasing the prices would just be ridiculous 

Albion Rovers on December 30th would be a great time to do this again. However, as I previously moaned about, I suggested this for the Airdrie home game when there wasn't another game on in the city. I assume my email was filed in the deleted items.

"Pay what you want"didn't work for Albion Rovers (people essentially took the piss), but I'm hopeful that doing something to attract kids, particularly those that attend our coaching classes, will come about. We'll see.

Archived