5 minutes ago, Girth said:

Any chance of the bods at the top leaving any time soon mate!?

Sadly, no.

Owner "knows it all" without having any knowledge of football.

We are through the looking glass just now, spending a shit ton of money on the wrong players.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If youre getting any of our old players itll be McCart who, last time i checked, was lucky to ever get off Rotherhams bench.

Yeah, but do you think he would be an improvement on Hanlon 😁

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If youre getting any of our old players itll be McCart who, last time i checked, was lucky to ever get off Rotherhams bench.

He actually started a game the other day. Dunno why, but much like the others he’ll be on a stupid wage for someone of his ability! 

47 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I think Grant Stott said it on the BBC in the world cup break - sacking managers annually is going to put off any serious candidate.

It's not even annually at least in recent seasons, if this list is correct.

Managers  since 1986

Alex Miller            10 yrs 

Jim Duffy               1 yr

Alex McLeish         4 yrs

FRank Sauzee        2   MTHS

Bobby WIlliamson  2 yrs

Tony Mowbray       2 yrs

John Collins            1 yr

Mixu Paatelainen    1 yr

John Hughes          1 yr

Colin Calderwood   1 yr

Pat Fenlon               2 yrs

Terry Butcher          8 MTHS

Alan Stubbs             2 yrs

Neil Lennon            2.5 yrs

Paul Heckingbottom  8  MTHS

Jack Ross                 2 yrs

Shaun Maloney        4 MTHS

Lee Johnson             8 MTHS (so far)

Edited by Crùbag

Sacking Lee Johnson isny the answer, anyone that believes if we let him go it’ll change and we’ll be great is an utter simpleton.

Ive been saying it for ages, I recall @Tommy Tappin claiming that I was clueless for doubting Ron Gordon, wonder how he’s feeling now.

Club is rotten to the core, until we get the yanks out the club we will continue to be.

Today was the first derby that I’ve been in the country for that I’ve missed by choice, I decided to put my ticket money on Hearts to win @ 6/4 so that’s been a decent investment.

Prior to Ron Gordon’s arrival I was a 30-35 game a season supporter, now it’d be lucky if I go to 20 and even then the majority of them are purely as an excuse for a piss up with mates, and we are away back to the pub before within the first 60 minutes in the majority of them. That daft p***k has pretty much single handedly turned one of the favourite things in my life to something that I’m almost ambivalent about.

Starting to wonder if relegation is the best thing for us because it’s the only way that we’ll be able to pull the anger and support within the fanbase to chase him and his son away from our club.  

21 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Sacking Lee Johnson isny the answer, anyone that believes if we let him go it’ll change and we’ll be great is an utter simpleton.

Ive been saying it for ages, I recall @Tommy Tappin claiming that I was clueless for doubting Ron Gordon, wonder how he’s feeling now.

Club is rotten to the core, until we get the yanks out the club we will continue to be.

Today was the first derby that I’ve been in the country for that I’ve missed by choice, I decided to put my ticket money on Hearts to win @ 6/4 so that’s been a decent investment.

Prior to Ron Gordon’s arrival I was a 30-35 game a season supporter, now it’d be lucky if I go to 20 and even then the majority of them are purely as an excuse for a piss up with mates, and we are away back to the pub before within the first 60 minutes in the majority of them. That daft p***k has pretty much single handedly turned one of the favourite things in my life to something that I’m almost ambivalent about.

Starting to wonder if relegation is the best thing for us because it’s the only way that we’ll be able to pull the anger and support within the fanbase to chase him and his son away from our club.  

If by some imagination Johnson is still in charge by the cup game and we’re losing. I could see the atmosphere turning pretty nasty. 

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

You're still clueless. 😉 

It seems to be too much to ask a fanbase to understand that a business can flourish while the product is minging. Anecdotal 'Ah'll never be back' bollocks has ruled the club's thinking for too long.

Ron Gordon has made three major errors so far, appointing Maloney, Johnson and allowing his son to be in the firing line. He's already learnt from all three. Plus he owns the place, he can do what he wants.

He knows what we know, our average finish in the top flight is 6.5th - call it 7th or where we've been hovering most recently since the start of Season 20-21. So if a league position equates to a clueless owner and leadership, that's all we've ever had; including 'clueless' Dempster/Lennon/Stubbs.

Back in reality land though, business owners don't like making a loss unless they are looking to save tax and don't like the lack of social standing that owning a losing venture offers. Finally, Hibs are doing a roaring trade in a poor season Why? Because Gordon knows that the biggest gap he has to close is the revenue/profit gap between us and Aberdeen/Hearts. 

He's closed the biggest gap first. 

The fans don't know/care about any of that. For fans, (some) go to the matches, get home and call upon the Hibs fan social media template.

It goes like this, play along at home if you like. 

GTF because of recruitment
GTF because of where you're from
GTF because of some team you used to play for
GTF because your football is boring
GTF because your interviews boring
GTF because you're English
GTF because if you don't sack xyz 'ahhhhhhhhh'mmmmmmmmmm never going back.'

etc etc etc

Gordon has quickly understood the need for Hibs to be financially independent of people whose opinions swing like this. Don't forget, most of us wanted Jack Ross out and were howling at Gordon to sack him; but would consider his record a success for Lee Johnson now, just two years later.  

Can't build a business on that kind instability. 

He's thrown a ton of money in, he's spent it very badly, he's raising revenues, he's having to learn fast. 

Meanwhile Hibs are 8th, but we often are no matter who the owner/manager/players/fans are anyway. 

We had 27 years out of 29 of 'Farmer out' and a good 22 or so years of 'Petrie out'. Before that we had 'Duff out' and I'm old enough to remember both 'Waugh Out' and 'Hart Out'. It was in fanzines and pub talk back then though. 

So what's new pussycat? 

9 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

You're still clueless. 😉 

It seems to be too much to ask a fanbase to understand that a business can flourish while the product is minging. Anecdotal 'Ah'll never be back' bollocks has ruled the club's thinking for too long.

Ron Gordon has made three major errors so far, appointing Maloney, Johnson and allowing his son to be in the firing line. He's already learnt from all three. Plus he owns the place, he can do what he wants.

He knows what we know, our average finish in the top flight is 6.5th - call it 7th or where we've been hovering most recently since the start of Season 20-21. So if a league position equates to a clueless owner and leadership, that's all we've ever had; including 'clueless' Dempster/Lennon/Stubbs.

Back in reality land though, business owners don't like making a loss unless they are looking to save tax and don't like the lack of social standing that owning a losing venture offers. Finally, Hibs are doing a roaring trade in a poor season Why? Because Gordon knows that the biggest gap he has to close is the revenue/profit gap between us and Aberdeen/Hearts. 

The fans don't know/care about any of that. For fans, (some) go to the matches, get home and call upon the Hibs fan social media template.

etc etc etc

Gordon has quickly understood the need for Hibs to be financially independent of people whose opinions swing like this. Don't forget, most of us wanted Jack Ross out and were howling at Gordon to sack him; but would consider his record a success for Lee Johnson now, just two years later.  

He's thrown a ton of money in, he's spent it very badly, he's raising revenues, he's having to learn fast. 

Meanwhile Hibs are 8th, but we often are no matter who the owner/manager/players/fans are anyway. 

We had 27 years out of 29 of 'Farmer out' and a good 22 or so years of 'Petrie out'. Before that we had 'Duff out' and I'm old enough to remember both 'Waugh Out' and 'Hart Out'. It was in fanzines and pub talk back then though. 

So what's new pussycat? 

Out of interest how is this project to make Hibs financially independent of grumpy Hibs fans supposed to work and given that the last accounts are for the Covid Season how do you know whether they’re working.

8 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

...Back in reality land though, business owners don't like making a loss unless they are looking to save tax and don't like the lack of social standing that owning a losing venture offers. Finally, Hibs are doing a roaring trade in a poor season Why? Because Gordon knows that the biggest gap he has to close is the revenue/profit gap between us and Aberdeen/Hearts. 

• Hibs turnover 2020/2021 accounts: £8.5m  
  • Hearts turnover 2020/2021 accounts: £14.6m
  • Aberdeen turnover 2021/2022 accounts: £13.8m (£11.07m 2020/2021)

Aye, I in no way care about football finances because it's solely the domain of dweebs and perverts, but Ron Gordon has absolutely not closed the financial gap on us. We just got 3 million or whatever it was for getting beefed by Fiorentina

19 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Out of interest how is this project to make Hibs financially independent of grumpy Hibs fans supposed to work and given that the last accounts are for the Covid Season how do you know whether they’re working.

Excellent question. How would I know something like that?

19 minutes ago, Lionel Logue said:

• Hibs turnover 2020/2021 accounts: £8.5m  
  • Hearts turnover 2020/2021 accounts: £14.6m
  • Aberdeen turnover 2021/2022 accounts: £13.8m (£11.07m 2020/2021)

See how big the gap was. The catering deal alone has us £900k a year closer. 

3 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Aye, I in no way care about football finances because it's solely the domain of dweebs and perverts, but Ron Gordon has absolutely not closed the financial gap on us. We just got 3 million or whatever it was for getting beefed by Fiorentina

Wrong accounting period. You're bailed out by Benny every year .

Boosted by players sales and ongoing benefactors’ support, profit before tax of £1.7m was reported for the financial year, proving that is very much ‘business as usual’ at Tynecastle Park.

'Business as usual' = Needing handouts and player sales to turn a profit. Fine for now, but as Hearts have learned before, things go tits up once it's withdrawn.   

1 hour ago, Tommy Tappin said:

You're still clueless. 😉 

etc etc etc

So what's new pussycat? 

It really sums up your level of knowledge when you suggest that I’m clueless for suggesting that we are currently “flourishing.”

Hope you’re enjoyed your day today in the knowledge that the club is “flourishing” it sure seems it!