58 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Watford being linked to Porteous today.

Yeah, them and Udinese being mentioned.

I can imagine the money on offer at Watford is fantastic relative to up here, although I would always want young Scottish players to develop overseas (Like Doig, Hickey, Ferguson etc did) for the good of the national team.

I would hope it was a fee (even if small) rather than a PCA so we can maybe bring a replacement in to save him just treading water til May.

30 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I can imagine the money on offer at Watford is fantastic relative to up here, although I would always want young Scottish players to develop overseas (Like Doig, Hickey, Ferguson etc did) for the good of the national team.

I would hope it was a fee (even if small) rather than a PCA so we can maybe bring a replacement in to save him just treading water til May.

At least if you got him sold you can insert a sell-on clause. I hope for his sake he goes to Italy instead. I think his (alleged!) "Dark arts" of defending would go down well there....

18 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Leaving Hibs for Watford..

A bit of a non-entity of a club with delusions of grandeur who overpay for fairly average players yet rarely seem to win anything.

And then you’ve got Watford …

And then there’s Newcastle. Not won a domestic major honour since 1955 I believe. 

Given the size of the support and the money passed through that club down the years they must be the most under performing club in the UK.

You have too assume that the new “investment” will alter that.

13 minutes ago, Molotov said:

And then there’s Newcastle. Not won a domestic major honour since 1955 I believe. 

Given the size of the support and the money passed through that club down the years they must be the most under performing club in the UK.

You have too assume that the new “investment” will alter that.

Miriamshor Dianatrout GIF by YoungerTV

37 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Leaving Hibs for Watford..

A bit of a non-entity of a club with delusions of grandeur who overpay for fairly average players yet rarely seem to win anything.

And then you’ve got Watford …

Joke Drums GIF by Bax Music

Rumours now that Johnson has been sacked. What a club club.

If it’s true then he can have no complaints given our run of results, however he has also been dealt a shite hand given who he’s had to work with on recruitment. That is apparently about to change now anyway as Ron has realised his son isn’t qualified for the job he was given. 

It’ll be Steve Kean till the end of the season.

Edited by Zing.

Callum Davidson is the man you want. 

Cup double winner + has experience of rebuilding a team + has experience of surviving a relegation battle.

On 01/01/2023 at 10:43, Leith Green said:

Watford offered us peanuts for Ferguson when he had a few years left on his contract.

Presume they'll go down the route of unsettling the player so he can drive the price down. Unless they're just happy to get him for free in the summer.

30 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Don’t trust the idiots who run our club to get a good manager in. 

Can’t wait for Ron’s next media appearance. 

It'll be difficult to attract a decent manager for the fact how quick Hibs are to sack them.

Would put the mortgage on Hibs givin it t'Graysie til end o't'season if when Johnson is emptied. 

e: scratch that; I've just learned that Hibs employ Steve Kean already. Would be DELIGHTED with him in charge. 

Edited by SEETHING

22 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

I've just learned that Hibs employ Steve Kean already. Would be DELIGHTED with him in charge. 

He's been doing a brilliant job with the academy, which is what he wants to do.

It's possible he will be asked to do the mgr job on an interim basis after LJ is sacked tomorrow, but don't think it's what he wants.

Potential as a DoF though which would be my preference.

33 minutes ago, Empty It said:

It'll be difficult to attract a decent manager for the fact how quick Hibs are to sack them.

We go through them quicker than Tory Prime Minister's. The issues are at a higher level than manager.

18 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

We go through them quicker than Tory Prime Minister's. The issues are at a higher level than manager.

Any chance of the bods at the top leaving any time soon mate!?