18 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I can remember three decades ago when Hibs tried to sign a guy called Liam Robinson and also Duncan Shearer to solve their goals shortage but the board wouldn't shell out 

Eventually the fans were underwhelmed when 50k was given to Rotherham for a striker and although Gareth Evans didn't turn out too badly Shearer would have been great (Shearer was signed by Lou Macari for... Swindon Town)

Nothing ever changes really.

Can I just say I was not underwhelmed with Gareth. Scored on his debut, and while you would never say he was top drawer he fucking played his heart out for Hibs. If we are ever in the same pub he isn’t putting his hand in his pocket - a true Hibs man

We are delighted to announce that FIFA have approved the permanent transfer of Harry McKirdy. After extensively reviewing the paperwork provided by both clubs, the FA, and the SFA, the world governing body has approved the completion of the deal. That means that McKirdy is now officially a Hibernian FC player joining for an undisclosed fee from English League Two side Swindon Town. He has put pen-to-paper on a three-year deal. McKirdy is now available for selection for Saturday afternoon’s cinch Premiership clash against Kilmarnock; 3pm kick-off.

6 hours ago, Tommy Tappin said:

All the M's out for us today:

Magennis, McGeady, Melkersen, Macej, Mitchell, Mykola, Misbet and Mocky

Enjoying watching far more this season but we have a chronic lack of composure middle to front. 

You forgot Lee Mohnson. ;) 

Yeah would agree with that mate. 

People are actually suggesting Rainbow FC boy is good and should get a start after missing a goal my 6 year old son could have scored though :lol: 

Edited by Hoose Rice

56 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

You forgot Lee Mohnson. ;) 

Yeah would agree with that mate. 

People are actually suggesting Rainbow FC boy is good and should get a start after missing a goal my 6 year old son could have scored though :lol: 

Should have his loan cancelled. 

8 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

People are actually suggesting Rainbow FC boy is good and should get a start

I think that post was a windup - if it wasnt, that boy was on the glue.

Bojang isnt a player, or to be kind, not a player ready for the first team. He needs dropped to the dev team with Tavares - for their own good - and promote one of the young guys to the bench on a Saturday (O'Conner etc)

Hendo needs some bench time, get Youhan on in that left position and McKirdy in CF with Boyle wide right - I am convinced this is the plan and what we will line up v the DABs next Sat.

14 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I think that post was a windup - if it wasnt, that boy was on the glue.

Bojang isnt a player, or to be kind, not a player ready for the first team. He needs dropped to the dev team with Tavares - for their own good - and promote one of the young guys to the bench on a Saturday (O'Conner etc)

Hendo needs some bench time, get Youhan on in that left position and McKirdy in CF with Boyle wide right - I am convinced this is the plan and what we will line up v the DABs next Sat.

Few weeks on we've got Youhan, McKirdy and Boyle running about with a big meaty Ukrainian in the middle for Marshall to punt to... then again anything is better than watching Porteous tip-toe forward with the ball, not even looking for anyone making runs, turn and pass it to Hanlon or randomly punt it and get upset cause whoever he's trying to pass to doesn't get it. Weird considering when Boyle came on vs Livi, Porto was looking for him everytime

13 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

I was in Belgium on holiday last week. Flying back yesterday I noticed Rocky Bishiri was on the plane with his leg in one of those plastic stookies.

Looks like he'll be out of action for a while.

Yeah 2 months plus. 

According to the fishy, we've now got:

First team squad: 27 + 2 on loan

Womens squad: 22 + 1 on loan

Development squad: 14 + 6 on loan

U-18: 18

Coaching Staff: 12

Total: 102 wages

I know many of these will be on the square route of sod all a week but it's still some 'Footballing Staff' budget we're carrying.