Hibs have suffered a major injury blow before the start of the Scottish Premiership season, with Aiden McGeady facing up to 12 weeks on the sidelines.

Branding the situation ‘disappointing’, Johnson added: "He's going to be out for a sustained period of time. It's hard to put a timescale on it but it's going to be minimum six weeks, although it probably averages about 10 weeks.

"I'm disappointed for Aiden; he's worked extremely hard to get back to a level of fitness that is capable of performing at Premiership level and unfortunately this has happened.

"It's not ideal but it's why you have a squad. Somebody else has got to fill that void on a leadership level and a performance level. 

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

No idea what the team will be mate.  Its a bit of a lottery at the moment and that at this stage of the season/pre season is far from ideal.   We've only had since April when Maloney was punted and bottom 6 confirmed after all.  We have the opposite of a settled team.

I actually know what both teams will be. The teams will be

St Johnstone and Hibs.

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Hibs have suffered a major injury blow before the start of the Scottish Premiership season, with Aiden McGeady facing up to 12 weeks on the sidelines.

Branding the situation ‘disappointing’, Johnson added: "He's going to be out for a sustained period of time. It's hard to put a timescale on it but it's going to be minimum six weeks, although it probably averages about 10 weeks.

"I'm disappointed for Aiden; he's worked extremely hard to get back to a level of fitness that is capable of performing at Premiership level and unfortunately this has happened.

"It's not ideal but it's why you have a squad. Somebody else has got to fill that void on a leadership level and a performance level. 

Always a risk signing a player at 36. I’d imagine he is still on a decent salary. 

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I actually know what both teams will be. The teams will be

St Johnstone and Hibs.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

What is it with this club and injured players. 

I've mentioned elsewhere that - imv - we havent really gained anything shapewise when McGeady was on the park anyway. I think we looked better against Norwich when he went off injured !

He was excellent in tracking back etc, but tbh thats not the area of the field I wanted to see him. 

Penalties were also shite !

We have a load of young, hungry, fit and fast players - yes many of them are raw, but I think we could be just fine without him.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I'm afraid that soapy wanks dont resolve dodgy knees 😆

Think shes in England now. Probably being tailed by Mrs Stubbs !!

:lol: I would like to find that out through Kitty but thanks for the erm heads up.

Can just picture Stubbsy telling his Mrs hes taken up watching netball :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I've mentioned elsewhere that - imv - we havent really gained anything shapewise when McGeady was on the park anyway. I think we looked better against Norwich when he went off injured !

He was excellent in tracking back etc, but tbh thats not the area of the field I wanted to see him. 

Penalties were also shite !

We have a load of young, hungry, fit and fast players - yes many of them are raw, but I think we could be just fine without him.

Actually thought McGeady would have played Centre Mid creating stuff in the middle and springing the ball about.  Instead we stuck with the shan 3. 

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

:lol: I would like to find that out through Kitty but thanks for the erm heads up.

Can just picture Stubbsy telling his Mrs hes taken up watching netball :lol: 

Few years back (during Lennon time) I was getting some physio on my back at the FASIC (part of Edinburgh Uni).

The physio had been on secondment at Hibs and was scathing about the Kitty / Stubbsy thing, said all the players were just waiting on the day Mrs S came in going radge.

Also suggested that a player was getting "extra sessions" too........

Having said that, the physio that treated me was also female, and may have just been putting the boot into Kitty.

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Few years back (during Lennon time) I was getting some physio on my back at the FASIC (part of Edinburgh Uni).

The physio had been on secondment at Hibs and was scathing about the Kitty / Stubbsy thing, said all the players were just waiting on the day Mrs S came in going radge.

Also suggested that a player was getting "extra sessions" too........

Having said that, the physio that treated me was also female, and may have just been putting the boot into Kitty.

Sounds a wee bit of jealousy going on here - from me :lol: wasn't she married to James Forrests brother who just joined the maroon flumps?  If so getting the stubbsy boaby makes it all the better.