32 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Yes because that's how any business person becomes successful, they just keep taking random punts in the hope that some of them will come good. 

In fact, in the AGM, Gordon was quoted as saying 'I'm just going to sign random punts, get my son off the dole queue and make sure the fanbase hate me. It's been the way of it since the beginning.'  

Last season wasn't a disaster, it was poor. 2014 was a disaster, as was 1998. Those are disasters. Mercer, that was a disaster. Last season was not a disaster. 

I have no problem with patience at all with an owner who is trying to achieve something, because I've come from 28 years of an owner attempting nothing.

Why does it have to be either fantastic or rubbish? Could you admit that whilst you appreciate Ron's ambitions and plans for the future up until now it hasn't been good enough?

43 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

The point being based on the past he's still a lot, lot better than Rocky who has showed the square root of zero.

Hanlon shouldnt have been in the side many a seasons when he was younger.  It coincided with us having crap sides, just like Rocky now. 

So in other words stick with Rocky and he'll come good?

16 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

Why does it have to be either fantastic or rubbish? Could you admit that whilst you appreciate Ron's ambitions and plans for the future up until now it hasn't been good enough?

Of course it hasn't been good enough, that's why I described last season as poor. 

Hibs haven't been good enough (average top tier finish 7th) for the entire time I've supported them.

What I don't understand is how whinging our arses off and constantly criticising those employed to improve it, improves it?

1 minute ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Of course it hasn't been good enough, that's why I described last season as poor. 

Hibs haven't been good enough (average top tier finish 7th) for the entire time I've supported them.

What I don't understand is how whinging our arses off and constantly criticising those employed to improve it, improves it?

So you prefer the deluded patience option based on nothing but just hope.

Fair enough, I dont see how that helps either though. 

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

So you prefer the deluded patience option based on nothing but just hope.

Fair enough, I dont see how that helps either though. 

No I'm in business so I like to see stats go in the right direction on commercial indicators. Retained profits suggests that the ownership's long term plan is to reinvest in the product. 

That's not based on nowt, in fact its the opposite. 

Just now, Tommy Tappin said:

You mean put him on loan or in the dev squad once we've signed someone better as is the plan confirmed by LJ already? 

We shouldn't have signed him at all but if plan b is to put him out on loan to FC Edinburgh that has my blessing.  Season starts in two days.  Cutting this new improvement to the defence a bit fine.  Only needed one since JR asked about a year back.

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

We shouldn't have signed him at all but if plan b is to put him out on loan to FC Edinburgh that has my blessing.  Season starts in two days.  Cutting this new improvement to the defence a bit fine.  Only needed one since JR asked about a year back.

Yep, which is Mathie was punted and why we brought in the manager's choice in Jan.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

No I'm in business so I like to see stats go in the right direction on commercial indicators. Retained profits suggests that the ownership's long term plan is to reinvest in the product. 

That's not based on nowt, in fact its the opposite. 

So doesn't really matter that the product on the pitched has regressed shockingly, costing the club majorly financially as long as commercially we are improving even though we are still nowhere near (Rons words) Hertz or Aberdeen in that aspect?

Selling players that where at the club well before Ron and his boy will paper over everything financially also.  Bottom 6 now out the cup will hit us hard.  As will being nowhere near Europe again this season. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

So doesn't really matter that the product on the pitched has regressed shockingly, costing the club majorly financially as long as commercially we are improving even though we are still nowhere near (Rons words) Hertz or Aberdeen in that aspect?

Yes it matters, that's why they're spending the money I showed you (or no money according to you) to rectify it. 

While you reply to that, he's something else to attack. 

I'll  start, not enough experience, cheap option, fat bstard etc. 

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/stuart-garden-named-goalkeeping-coach

It’s not our jobs to improve it it’s the jobs of those who are employed to do so as you say. And as fans we’re allowed to say that said people aren’t doing a great job so far.

Just now, GreenGray said:

It’s not our jobs to improve it it’s the jobs of those who are employed to do so as you say. And as fans we’re allowed to say that said people aren’t doing a great job so far.

It's the supporters job to support. Where's the support? paying to criticise, isn't supporting. 

It's the supporters job to support. Where's the support? paying to criticise, isn't supporting. 

I support by going to every game, paying my season ticket and cheering on the team. I’m still allowed to criticise areas where I feel we could improve, especially on the non playing side of things.

Acting as if everything is perfect and blowing smoke up the owners arse when it isn’t warranted isn’t exactly helpful either.