11 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

I like that we're debating rather than exchanging insults here @Hoose Rice, makes a change for online forums. 

Respectfully disagree with a couple of points. 

1st Para - Ross fell out with Mathie for the abomination that was last summer's transfer window, not Ian Gordon.

2nd Para - Hibs annual accounts specifically director's loan accounts would disagree with you there. 

3rd Para - He's not supposed to be gifting us money, although I think some entitled Hibees thinks he should do everything for the good of the fine upstanding supportive stakeholders. Any business person who invests has to get their money from somewhere. RG didn't borrow to buy Hibs, it was his money.  The supporters have decided that Ian Gordon has a lot more say than he does. He doesn't offer deals, he doesn't close deals, he doesn't negotiate. He's head administrator,but people who want to blame/hate him have decided he's our chief scout. He's not.  

4th Para - They compensate for poor cup runs, as do player sales. It's contingency planning for what happens when you let Mathie and Ross sign James Scott. 

No worries mate - we all want whats best for the club and everyone has their own opinion. 

Both I heard, they punted Mathie and made him the scapegoat and in time recruitment has got worse.  Seems the thing to do just now is blame the past on everything even when ' nothing to suggest replacements have improved.  They wanted Ross out for their own guy, fair enough if someone was lined up!  Instead we ended up with a yes man rookie coach way out his depth. 

Again loans, money that will be repaid.  Why doesn't he put his money at his ideas?  Gets to do whatever he wants and doesnt lose a penny long term doesn't sit right with me.  He doesn't have to be accountable for anything in that case and everyone else pays the price including the support. 

Wouldn't care personally if on the pitch it was working but hes already admitted recently we are way behind Hertz and Aberdeen in terms of income coming into the club.  How can that be with 5k more season tickets sold than AFC if Ben is doing such a wonderful job?

If Ian Gordon doesn't have as much say as we think on transfers then who else does?  Whos part of recruitment or are we not meant to know?  There is no hate, they are just doing a really really shit job for the first team and have done since Gordon came in.

We shouldn't need to compensate for bottom 6, it simply shouldn't have happened.  You pick out James Scott the one signing they made but miss out the loads of shit Gordon has brought to the club including Chris the American Shitemare Mueller and the money he was on.  Not a loan signing like Scott. 

Bottom 6 was because Jack didn't get the backing, brought in Shaun fkn Maloney and signed him a pocket full of piss while selling Boyle.

Peace now as its getting me down reallising and highlighting how utter shan its got and theres no improvement on the horizon. 

6 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

No worries mate - we all want whats best for the club and everyone has their own opinion. 

Both I heard, they punted Mathie and made him the scapegoat and in time recruitment has got worse.  Seems the thing to do just now is blame the past on everything even when ' nothing to suggest replacements have improved.  They wanted Ross out for their own guy, fair enough if someone was lined up!  Instead we ended up with a yes man rookie coach way out his depth. 

Again loans, money that will be repaid.  Why doesn't he put his money at his ideas?  Gets to do whatever he wants and doesnt lose a penny long term doesn't sit right with me.  He doesn't have to be accountable for anything in that case and everyone else pays the price including the support. 

Wouldn't care personally if on the pitch it was working but hes already admitted recently we are way behind Hertz and Aberdeen in terms of income coming into the club.  How can that be with 5k more season tickets sold than AFC if Ben is doing such a wonderful job?

If Ian Gordon doesn't have as much say as we think on transfers then who else does?  Whos part of recruitment or are we not meant to know?  There is no hate, they are just doing a really really shit job for the first team and have done since Gordon came in.

We shouldn't need to compensate for bottom 6, it simply shouldn't have happened.  You pick out James Scott the one signing they made but miss out the loads of shit Gordon has brought to the club including Chris the American Shitemare Mueller and the money he was on.  Not a loan signing like Scott. 

Bottom 6 was because Jack didn't get the backing, brought in Shaun fkn Maloney and signed him a pocket full of piss while selling Boyle.

Peace now as its getting me down reallising and highlighting how utter shan its got and theres no improvement on the horizon. 

Let me know when you're ready @Hoose Rice and I'll respond 👍

Things aren't even nearly as bad as you think or at least, they aren't yet. 

13 minutes ago, Girth said:

Ron talking mince

Christ.  What we thinking chaps? 

Frustrated World Cup GIF

I don't agree with some of what he has done and am definitely not a RG fanboi.

However I don't think there is much wrong with what he has said there, particularly relating to his hope and desire for clubs below Rangers and Celtic, financially, to increase revenues and compete deeper in Europe.

Equally, there is absolutely nothing wrong with stating that it's remarkable that Rangers got to a European final, out of one of the smaller leagues.

I don't like Rangers and most of their fans are bams, but you can't argue with their achievement last season.

The Hibs.net like statement that anyone who is angry at the way the club is being run is “sticking the boot in” and “isn’t a proper supporter” is really starting to grate.

There are many others like myself, season ticket holders of 10+ years that go home and away and live and breathe the club that are angry with our owners, the regime and just about every decision made from the club in the past 3 years.

It doesn’t make us any less of a supporter.

Hope this clears that up.

On 25/07/2022 at 23:41, Tommy Tappin said:

Kensall is doing a superb job commercially and is wiping the floor on that score with anything Saint Dempster achieved.

I agree with much of your other points but was it not Kensall who's idea it was to appoint Maloney?

On 26/07/2022 at 12:56, Tommy Tappin said:

Kensall hasn't sacked anyone. He's been sent by the board to sack them. The previous leadership did deals with alcohol companies, the leading cause of domestic abuse in Scotland. That's disgusting. 

We announced a partnership with an app called "bevvy" the other week and also announced another partnership with a sprits company?

53 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

I agree with much of your other points but was it not Kensall who's idea it was to appoint Maloney?

We announced a partnership with an app called "bevvy" the other week and also announced another partnership with a sprits company?

I don't know who's idea it was to appoint Maloney. 

I'm sure we did. Still no worse than what came before, which was what was being alleged. 

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

The Hibs.net like statement that anyone who is angry at the way the club is being run is “sticking the boot in” and “isn’t a proper supporter” is really starting to grate.

There are many others like myself, season ticket holders of 10+ years that go home and away and live and breathe the club that are angry with our owners, the regime and just about every decision made from the club in the past 3 years.

It makes them much less of a supporter due to the fact that paying money to feel entitled to have a go ISN'T SUPPORTING. 

So if the online haters are supporters...

Then how about 'supporting' rather than attacking a team that hasn't played a league match yet, 'supporting' rather than attacking an ownership who are 3 years into a 5 year plan and have had covid to navigate and 'supporting' a manager building a side? 

I don't see our online fans supporting anything other than the removal of all of the above without any knowledge from the inside whatsoever and shouting down anyone in favour of giving the current set up the first round of fixtures at the very least. 

Endless criticism from people who aren't involved in football, that's what's starting to ****ing grate!!!!

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

Some of the mods on .net aren’t happy with the club the way it’s being run tbh. But of course you’ll get some fans defending Hibs on absolutely everything. 

The one comment on there that annoyed me recently was one poster saying if you aren’t coming back you aren’t a hardcore supporter :lol:.

1 hour ago, Tommy Tappin said:

I see what you mean. 

The win was that the criticism had no basis other than fuelled by a desire to stick the boot into the club.

Not accurate, he's the only defender I've seen that looks genuinely terrified of the ball coming out the air.

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Some of the mods on .net aren’t happy with the club the way it’s being run tbh. But of course you’ll get some fans defending Hibs on absolutely everything. 

The one comment on there that annoyed me recently was one poster saying if you aren’t coming back you aren’t a hardcore supporter :lol:.

Yeah, there's a range though. There are some who are blind to Hibs possibly doing anything wrong. I'm not sure I'm in that group personally. 

There are those who I have an issue with who hated us when we were third under Ross because it was 'eye bleeding football' hated us when we got to semis and finals that we didn't win (because it betrays our majestic track record of cup wins I presume), hated us when Stubbs was in charge because we couldn't get out of the championship (history that has now been thoroughly revised) and just unhappy with us in general. Why follow Hibs on that basis. If the actions of 11 blokes on a football field is that upsetting to you, you mustn't be getting laid very often.

Then there are moderates, not enough and too quiet, who actually look at stuff like the accounts, like the cup runs, like the infrastructure and decide whether or not the club is making progress or not. If not, then they too are critical. 

Hibs fans, more than other on the P&B really seem to hate their own club. Save the jambos a job I guess.