Just now, Tommy Tappin said:

How do you know we wouldn't have lost to them, did we play them?

Watch the highlights of all bar the Falkirk first half to see us attacking with pace.

Josh Campbell, no he wasn't. He lost the flight of the ball three times and got screamed at by Porto for constantly drifting inside when he's supposed to be playing LB. 

Magennis - I fear you're right. 

2007 was our cup winning side. 

And it's me talking nonsense aye? 

Last season we beat Cove and Kilmarnock in the cups, 2 stronger lower league teams. f**k me, even Heckingbottoms team won the league cup group at a canter.

I watched the other 3 games in real time and we didn’t attack with pace whatsoever, last night we were slow, ponderous and mustered a grand total of 3 shots on target, very akin to last season.

I’m aware that we won the cup but football has changed since 2007, as I mentioned we have gone with 4-4-2 plenty since then and it has always failed. It’s nothing to do with the formation, it’s the manager, the players and most importantly the people who are bringing the manager and players in. While Gordon, Kensell and all their idiots are here we are going to fail, simple as that.

And yes, yes you are.

Just now, Les Cabbage said:

Last season we beat Cove and Kilmarnock in the cups, 2 stronger lower league teams. f**k me, even Heckingbottoms team won the league cup group at a canter.

I watched the other 3 games in real time and we didn’t attack with pace whatsoever, last night we were slow, ponderous and mustered a grand total of 3 shots on target, very akin to last season.

I’m aware that we won the cup but football has changed since 2007, as I mentioned we have gone with 4-4-2 plenty since then and it has always failed. It’s nothing to do with the formation, it’s the manager, the players and most importantly the people who are bringing the manager and players in. While Gordon, Kensell and all their idiots are here we are going to fail, simple as that.

And yes, yes you are.

At a canter via beating Stirling Albion 5-4 on penalties after a dross 1-1 draw you mean?

If you haven't seen us attacking with pace, turning defence into attack at pace, winning the ball back with pace; then try facing the pitch next time. 

The issue as I said, is midfield and attack linking. two players of quality will solve that. 

The football on show is flawed for sure but miles better AND FASTER than the coma inducing Maloneyball of last season.  

9 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

At a canter via beating Stirling Albion 5-4 on penalties after a dross 1-1 draw you mean?

If you haven't seen us attacking with pace, turning defence into attack at pace, winning the ball back with pace; then try facing the pitch next time. 

The issue as I said, is midfield and attack linking. two players of quality will solve that. 

The football on show is flawed for sure but miles better AND FASTER than the coma inducing Maloneyball of last season.  

We won the other 3 games in the group though didn’t we? Topped the group and were seeded for the next round.

I think other than Ewan Henderson and possibly Cadden, not one player has looked direct and moved the ball quickly or carried us up the park, I have absolutely 0 idea where you’re getting that from, or you’re obviously pleased with losing to League 1 and Championship sides.

We need far more than 2 players of quality to change that.

Obviously Youan hasn’t played yet but other than that; McGeady is finished, Tavares just looks like Jasper but even weaker, Doyle-Hayes, Newell and Campbell are Championship level players, Doidge has been ruined by his injury. The only midfielder that’s good enough (and fit enough) is Ewan Henderson.

2 hours ago, Zing. said:

I’m not sure it’s an overreaction to be utterly shiting yourself for the season ahead after failing to beat Morton and Falkirk. We were bad last season and somehow look worse now. 

It's pre-season.

Motherwell lost 2-0 at Airdrie in the group stage last season and ended up finishing 5th.

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It's pre-season.

Motherwell lost 2-0 at Airdrie in the group stage last season and ended up finishing 5th.

In fairness that was more of a reflection on the rest of the league because Motherwell were indeed utter crap last season.

They also still made it out of their group.

6 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It's pre-season.

Motherwell lost their first game with effectively a completely new side then won the group.

Hibs have [probably] gone out the tournament to 4 terrible teams while still looking heavily reliant on guys who failed badly last season.

I wouldn't be writing off their season cause there's still guys to come in, but they're unknown quantities so who knows how good the likes of Youan are.  But as a unit they aren't firing in attack, don't look better defensively and the midfield is patently not good enough.  That's why folk are worried

15 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It's pre-season.

They did. But they also won their group with 9 points.

That was one bad result in isolation. Hibs have lost to a League 1 side and drawn at home to a Championship side.

ETA: Just saw the other responses. Anyone else want to make the same point? 😀

Edited by VincentGuerin

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

image.jpeg.b6acd4379bb4d322462b27e66b42e32d.jpeg

Has Vlad just bought Hibs?

I'm not sure how the penny hasn't dropped yet that this is very similar to Hearts under Romanov.

Just without the really good players at the start and winning trophies.

3 minutes ago, Darren said:

I'm not sure how the penny hasn't dropped yet that this is very similar to Hearts under Romanov.

Just without the really good players at the start and winning trophies.

Similar in what way?

Anyone have a link to August '97 threads? About 3 or 4 games in. Jim Duffy. Good young manager. Getting a tune out of Chic Charnley. Great signing. Passports at the ready.

How about a link to August '98 threads? About 3 or 4 games in. Lucky injury time winners. Stranraer? At home!! Get Eck tae feck. And that fat unfit finished Finn. 

I suppose drama queen is traditionally an amusing role.

Chill the f**k out.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Similar in what way?

Only similarity I can see is the owner has brought his son into the club. The rest of the comparison makes absolutely no sense. We are currently doing the opposite of spending outwith our means ffs!

Edited by Zing.

Just now, Zing. said:

Only similarity I can see is the owner has brought his son into the club. The rest of the comparison makes absolutely no sense. We are currently doing the opposite of spending outwith our means ffs!

Yeah, thats kinda where I was with it, not even the same universe.

Also, a bit rich a hearts fan talks about "pennies dropping" as if they were so on the ball about Romanov 😆