1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

Rangers would be taking him off your hands if he was good enough but he isn't.  Good for Hearts mind you.  Like Barrie McKay or Boyce, Haring.  Great for Hearts, not good enough for a bigger move. 

Why would Rangers specifically be taking him off us; and since when was losing a player to Rangers the metric for how good Hearts players are? 

Madness. 🤣

Do hearts fans imagine there's a particularly big market for 28 year olds (seems a good presumption he'll be there this season) whose body fell to bits the last time they played in a more intense league and whose main attribute, as a defender, is taking free kicks?

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

2 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Why would Rangers specifically be taking him off us; and since when was losing a player to Rangers the metric for how good Hearts players are? 

Madness. 🤣

Because it's a level above what he's at right now?   or even a championship side but none will - for the reason he signed a new deal with you boys.  Have a good evening mate.  Pointless debate.  

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Do hearts fans imagine there's a particularly big market for 28 year olds (seems a good presumption he'll be there this season) whose body fell to bits the last time they played in a more intense league and who's main attribute, as a defender, is taking free kicks?

Seems that way.  Of course any club could have had for nothing this summer and chose against it. 

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Because it's a level above what he's at right now?   or even a championship side but none will - for the reason he signed a new deal with you boys.  Have a good evening mate.  Pointless debate.  

The debate is not pointless, mate. The bitter pretence that he is not a good player is though. As I said, I’ll bookmark this and we can revisit it later. 😄

2 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

The debate is not pointless, mate. The bitter pretence that he is not a good player is though. As I said, I’ll bookmark this and we can revisit it later. 😄

Ddnt say ever he wasn't a good player.  Hes reached his level and never a internationalist though.  Hearts are the players peak.  

8 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Ddnt say ever he wasn't a good player.  Hes reached his level and never a internationalist though.  Hearts are the players peak.  

Nah, he was a very shrewd pick up after an injury, and he has developed a good bit since then. A Scotland international level player.

Hate to say this mate, because you are normally a bit more on the level, but I think you are just being a bit bitter on this one.

18 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

You're the one that brought Kingsley into it by bizarrely claiming he's better than Doig tbf.

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Wrong again. 4U0m6pP.png

image.png.817f90440b50c24aab1746d6f39174cf.png

If we're going off those standards then Murray Davidson is International quality too.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If we're going off those standards then Murray Davidson is International quality too.

In assessing the question "will Stephen Kingsley ever play for Scotland?", we're simply going off the standard of whether Stephen Kingsley has already played for Scotland.

I don't care whether it happens or not and I'm not going to bang the drum that (mediocre player) at (my club) should be in the squad, but in Clarke's time we've called up and/or played Devlin, Gallagher, Halkett, Paul McGinn, Considine, Hanlon, Porteous, O'Donnell and probably a few other jobbers I've forgotten about. Kingsley is at least as good or better than all of those and actually fits a niche role in the team. He'll almost certainly never be a mainstay in the squad but I'd say there's a reasonable chance he'll add a cap or two.

Edited by DC92

Seriously debating whether Kingsley is good enough for a bigger club...he's not.

He's a good player at this level. Hearts is most certainly his peak though. If he was destined for bigger things, his career wouldn't have taken the trajectory from Swansea to Championship (at the time) Hearts via Hull.

If he was 22/23 you'd concede he's still got a shout of improvement but at 28 he's not going to go much, if any higher.

Edited by djchapsticks

We can all play daft games of "pretend our players are better than they are".

Last season, Hibs had the 3rd best defensive record in the SPFL, including at times a back 4 that had all been called up by the  Scotland team (Mcginn, Porteous, Hanlon, Stevenson).

Now, all of that is true but ............

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

8 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

We can all play daft games of "pretend our players are better than they are".

Last season, Hibs had the 3rd best defensive record in the SPFL, including at times a back 4 that had all been called up by the  Scotland team (Mcginn, Porteous, Hanlon, Stevenson).

Now, all of that is true but ............

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

We had 4 capped Scotland international centre halves on the books last season.