I think the money we've got for Doig is very good value considering the player he is.

He's decent, but £3 million is beyond bite your hand off territory.

I don't think he'll figure that highly among the next generation of fullbacks, namely Patterson, Hickey, Ramsay etc.   

Edited by Chefki Kuqi

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

🤣

Never let club bias get in the way of a discussion.

Really? I mentioned the following players: Robertson, Tierney, Hickey, Kingsley and Doig.

Robertson - EPL and CL winner and captain of one of the best sides in the world. Can play LB & LWB (Capped)

Tierney - A regular in a good EPL side and a good young player at Celtic prior to that. Strong and athletic. Performed well in the Champions League, and Premier League. Can play LB, LCB & LWB (Capped)

Hickey - A regular for Bologna, two footed, fast and skilful with an eye for goal. Proven in Serie A over a season and a half. Can play LB, LWB, LCB, RB, RWB, RCB (Capped)

Kingsley - Best direct free-kick taker in the Premiership outside of the OF. Regular scorer and a part of the team that finished third in the division. Can play LCB, LB & LWB. (Uncapped)

Doig - Rated by Levein and the Hibs staff who have seen him regularly. Very attacking but not a great defender. Finished third the season before last and earned a move to Serie A, but as yet untested at a higher level. Finished in the bottom six of the Premiership last season and not proffered over Lewis Stevenson. Can play LB and LWB. (Uncapped)

Not sure what I have said that is tinted.

Edited by Kyle Reese

17 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Really? I mentioned the following players: Robertson, Tierney, Hickey, Kingsley and Doig.

Robertson - EPL and CL winner and captain of one of the best sides in the world. Can play LB & LWB (Capped)

Tierney - A regular in a good EPL side and a good young player at Celtic prior to that. Strong and athletic. Performed well in the Champions League, and Premier League. Can play LB, LCB & LWB (Capped)

Hickey - A regular for Bologna, two footed, fast and skilful with an eye for goal. Proven in Serie A over a season and a half. Can play LB, LWB, LCB, RB, RWB, RCB (Capped)

Kingsley - Best direct free-kick taker in the Premiership outside of the OF. Regular scorer and a part of the team that finished third in the division. Can play LCB, LB & LWB. (Uncapped)

Doig - Rated by Levein and the Hibs staff who have seen him regularly. Very attacking but not a great defender. Finished third the season before last and earned a move to Serie A, but as yet untested at a higher level. Finished in the bottom six of the Premiership last season and not proffered over Lewis Stevenson. Can play LB and LWB. (Uncapped)

Not sure what I have said that is tinted.

Injury crisis aside, Kingsley gets nowhere near that line up with Cooper and McKenna ahead of him in the pecking order.

33 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

He may turn out to do very well, but I don't think he's earned the right to be spoken of as highly as Hickey at this stage.

I don't disagree.

But that also doesn't make him "ordinary".

Anyway, we have trousered £3m for him, he is a lovely lad (I know his girlfriend's dad) and deserves everything he is getting.

7 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

That’s Marijan Čabraja signed. 

Was hoping the news was the entire midfield from last night being released. 

Lets hope hes worth the four year wait through the development squad. 

18 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Injury crisis aside, Kingsley gets nowhere near that line up with Cooper and McKenna ahead of him in the pecking order.

McKenna ever play LB or LCB? I honestly do not recall him doing so. Cooper is pretty poor imo. Not the best two to compare to Kingsley. Neither are excellent at LB, LWB and LCB and neither are a threat from direct free kicks.

1 minute ago, Kyle Reese said:

McKenna ever play LB or LCB? I honestly do not recall him doing so. Cooper is pretty poor imo. Not the best two to compare to Kingsley. Neither are excellent at LB, LWB and LCB and neither are a threat from direct free kicks.

Kingsley never good enough for Scotland and you think if he does ever play they will just smash him on free kicks?  No bad player but Hearts is his level, otherwise you would have even the slightest interest in him but he was L1 level down south before joining Murray Wallace (jambo) is much better. 

10 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Almost all his appearances under Clarke have been lcb.

9 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Kingsley never good enough for Scotland and you think if he does ever play they will just smash him on free kicks?  No bad player but Hearts is his level, otherwise you would have even the slightest interest in him but he was L1 level down south before joining Murray Wallace (jambo) is much better. 

Madness. Genuine green specs. 🤣

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Almost all his appearances under Clarke have been lcb.

He do much in those appearances there? I like him as a central in a three. f**k playing him before Kingsley at LCB, LB or LWB though. 

I think it’s more bias the other way, as opposed to Hearts bias as @Merkland Redsuggested. Anyone who does not recognise Kingsley or Hickey’s quality is off their nut. Or they just have not watched them very much. 

23 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Kingsley has barely played in League One and last did so in 2015. Hull City paid Swansea £3m for him. He's with us because of his injury record at Hull, which he seems to be clear of (so far). He's also added goals to his game since joining.

He might not be Scotland quality but he's obviously a very good player at this level.

27 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Madness. Genuine green specs. 🤣

He do much in those appearances there? I like him as a central in a three. f**k playing him before Kingsley at LCB, LB or LWB though. 

I think it’s more bias the other way, as opposed to Hearts bias as @Merkland Redsuggested. Anyone who does not recognise Kingsley or Hickey’s quality is off their nut. Or they just have not watched them very much. 

Hickey is already miles better than Kingsley.  The former will never play for a bigger club at a higher level than Hearts. He's one of a few likewise.

10 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Kingsley has barely played in League One and last did so in 2015. Hull City paid Swansea £3m for him. He's with us because of his injury record at Hull, which he seems to be clear of (so far). He's also added goals to his game since joining.

He might not be Scotland quality but he's obviously a very good player at this level.

Not saying otherwise, good player this level that won't play at a higher level. 

56 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

He has a tailor-made song.

This was before they became "offensive."

The Good Lord alone knows what fate would befall anyone foolish enough to give "Gangbang" an airing in vibrant, progressive Scotland.

...and as for screening "Rita, Sue & Bob Too"...😱

18 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Hickey is already miles better than Kingsley.  The former will never play for a bigger club at a higher level than Hearts. He's one of a few likewise.

Bookmarked, mate. 😄

1 minute ago, Kyle Reese said:

Bookmarked, mate. 😄

Rangers would be taking him off your hands if he was good enough but he isn't.  Good for Hearts mind you.  Like Barrie McKay or Boyce, Haring.  Great for Hearts, not good enough for a bigger move.