2 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

But the yams said Doig was shite and we’d never get millions for him?

I don't think he's an exceptional player but he was very consistent that first covid season. Looked like he was hung out to dry last season with Hibs struggling 

Strikes me as the 7/10 every week type, on the correct environment.

You have some very odd fans on Twitter who seem to despise Jack Ross.

A couple of them currently using our youth team drawing with Civil Service Strollers to call him a failure.

Having seen the Hibs under 18s a couple of nights back, despite being against very limited opposition, it does surprise me that none of them have really seen any first team action. If it was United, most of them would have had a fair bit of game time by now.

1 hour ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Any pubs round Easter Road way and what’s the best way to get there from Prince’s Street?

Plenty of pubs. I seem to recall away fans go into the Artisan, which is quite good.

You can get a bus from Princes Street, £1.80 single fare. 44 or 26 are reasonably frequent buses. If you're reasonably fit it's a 20-25 minute walk to Easter Road though 

44 or 26 will also do you when Clyde play an oddly named franchise at a subbuteo stadium in the Meadowbank area.

2 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Having seen the Hibs under 18s a couple of nights back, despite being against very limited opposition, it does surprise me that none of them have really seen any first team action. If it was United, most of them would have had a fair bit of game time by now.

Cant disagree, however there are a couple caveats.

We had youngsters on the bench most games last season, but both Ross and Maloney were battling to try and get a tune out of the first team and just randomly dropping kids in might have ended their time at Hibs sooner !!

Once we were confirmed safe etc then a few got a chance in last couple games.

Also need to remember that the U18s were playing to win their own league (which they did) and there are rules in place (cant remember of the top of my head) about being unable to play on, say, the Friday night and then on the Saturday. Presumably to protect them?

From what we have seen pre-season, we will see more of the younger guys this coming season.

https://t.co/RdARM4esDx

😳I mind the scurrilous 1980s rumours that AC Milan watched Watford, wanted to sign John Barnes, but mixed-up the players and signed Luther Blissett by mistake😂

Not sure who they've mixed-up Doig with🤔

He may yet "train on" and might improve for the change of stables... But it's a heck of a deal for Hibs at this stage of his development🤑

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Plenty of pubs. I seem to recall away fans go into the Artisan, which is quite good.

You can get a bus from Princes Street, £1.80 single fare. 44 or 26 are reasonably frequent buses. If you're reasonably fit it's a 20-25 minute walk to Easter Road though 

44 or 26 will also do you when Clyde play an oddly named franchise at a subbuteo stadium in the Meadowbank area.

I’ve never understood this. In fact, there’s a bizarre debate on Hibs.net about it just now. 

Unless you’re walking backwards, it’s a 15 min walk to ER from town. Waiting on a bus, then waiting for that bus to crawl to ER, will take 40 mins

On 08/07/2022 at 17:25, Zing. said:

Few rumours that Doig is away.

Looks like it’s true - 

https://t.co/RdARM4esDx

Very good fee for a player that didn’t massively kick on last season. 

That's a tremendous fee for someone who has shown very little.

Maybe he'll go on and thrive in a new environment and different types of coaching, different kind of football etc.

16 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Did Hibs score 5 goals in any matches under Jack Ross?

4 is the most I can remember, against that BSC mob in the Scottish Cup.

Inverness in the cup before the first lockdown. 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Maybe he'll go on and thrive in a new environment and different types of coaching, different kind of football etc.

You may be right.

That's certainly what happened after he moved club last time............

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

That's a tremendous fee for someone who has shown very little.

Let's hope Hibs didn't negotiate a flat fee for the sell on.

I've just done some cutting edge statistical research on Hibernian's season so far. As you no doubt know, it's a bit facile to rate players by all those expected crosses per inch of ground traversed or passes completed in the final third pish you get from Opta - after all, the name of the game is simply scoring goals and stopping the other team scoring goals. And of course, whether a player scores or assists goals themselves is a metric that unduly weights towards strikers and midfielders, rather than defenders, who perform an essential job without necessarily showing up on the score sheet. By far the best way to rank players, therefore, is to merely use the rate of change of the team's net goal difference when a player is on the pitch.

I've used this insight to generate a table showing exactly who is our best player, this year, so far.

The results may surprise some, but science shows us what perceptive football afficionados have been saying all along - Rocky Bushiri is, statistically, Hibernian's best player this season, head and shoulders above the likes of Josh Campbell and Christian Doidge. I'd recommend another couple of year's contract extension to keep him tied down, or at least up the price for when Barcelona or Man City come sniffing around.

Also, Aidan McGeady, in joint last place, is looking very much to be a duff signing so far.

Bushiri.png.f2623b5abf3b1db54dea963f49b8fd52.png

Rocky Bushiri - Hibs legend in the making!

Square-Bushiri.thumb.png.7d768ffd8d739aaa894eefef933200b4.png