1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

Can I take your avoidance of a direct answer as a no? 

Cause it sure sounds like it.

You can take whatever you want, however you want. 

Hopefully a ban from the website, right enough. 

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

You can take whatever you want, however you want. 

Hopefully a ban from the website, right enough. 

Still avoiding the question?

tut tut 

A ban for what exactly?

Suggestion you wouldn’t be using derogative words against a Asian Scot as you would someone with an Irish background 

Can’t wait to hear @Div or any mods explain that one 

7 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

tut tut 

A ban for what exactly?

Suggestion you wouldn’t be using derogative words against a Asian Scot as you would someone with an Irish background 

Jesus, what an absolute fucking child 😂

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

Jesus, what an absolute fucking child 😂

Dangerous use of "Jesus" "Fucking" and "Child" in the same sentence m9.

He will be along shortly with some made up shite about your accusations against the son of god.................

12 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

tut tut 

A ban for what exactly?

Think about the abuse an Asian gets in this country and compare it to the abuse an Irishman gets. That'll be a good starting point to think about. Take your time.

40 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Think about the abuse an Asian gets in this country and compare it to the abuse an Irishman gets. That'll be a good starting point to think about. Take your time.

I have 

It’s horrible for both and neither should be accepted

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I get your point about the plastics but tbf with Brexit if I found out that my grandad had once shagged Kitty O'Shea it would be an Irish passport for me.

Unfortunately my ancestors seem to have been fairly staunch Scots so I'm stuck for the time being 

I'm entitled to one. For a small large fee I could arrange for you to have it...

Edited by Jacksgranda

20 minutes ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

Heads gone thread for this 🤣

Completely...anyway may be totally wrong here but I always thought the McGeady thing more the fact he'd been brought up by his Grandad who was actually Irish, rather than his parents. Think it was more as a 'tribute' to him? That's what I'd understood anyway?!? 

More importantly, has anyone actually seen him play in the last season or so ? Will he still do a job?

I've got no real issues with McGeady's decision to play for Ireland.

The SFA's own daft rule led him into the Irish system because he didn't play for his school team, despite having already played for the Scottish Schools team. Fucking farcical. - It's worth pointing out at this point that McGeady was already well-known as an outstanding prospect in youth circles and was already known to the SFA -That's classic SFA garbage, and it ultimately cost us a good player who they already knew about and who had represented Scotland. He went on to go to two Euros in a period where we went precisely nowhere. If you're angry at anyone, look at the SFA.

Once he was in the Irish system from a young age, it's perfectly understandable that he felt comfortable there and a sense of loyalty towards them. Not to mention his family links.

Add in that this was around the time that Ireland were a penalty shoot-out away from their second World Cup quarter-final in just over a decade and Scotland were drawing 2-2 with the Faroes and in a state of general shambles, I think it's perfectly understandable that Ireland looked the better career bet. Add in his roots in their system by that point and it would have been surprising had he chosen Scotland.

I do take issue with the nonsense interview he gave claiming that he took abuse from 'real Scotland supporters' as opposed to those in Glasgow who, according to him, tend to support Ireland or England. This is complete fucking nonsense. As is his daft comparison with the likes of Arfield and MacLean.

I can understand him having a bit of bitterness having taken loads of flack, but shite like that is just stupid.

Don't really have a problem with him playing for Ireland though. In context, it was fair enough.

Edited by VincentGuerin

9 minutes ago, Jimmain said:

Completely...anyway may be totally wrong here but I always thought the McGeady thing more the fact he'd been brought up by his Grandad who was actually Irish, rather than his parents. Think it was more as a 'tribute' to him? That's what I'd understood anyway?!? 

More importantly, has anyone actually seen him play in the last season or so ? Will he still do a job?

Who cares, f****** traitor, BOOOOO!

1 hour ago, Jimmain said:

Will he still do a job?

He has the ability to. Whether he has the will to is a different matter. It'll be so much easier for him to roll about and cry saying "they only kick me because I chose Ireland". 

He started it about two months back in an interview for BBC.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

The SFA's own daft rule led him into the Irish system because he didn't play for his school team, despite having already played for the Scottish Schools team. Fucking farcical. - It's worth pointing out at this point that McGeady was already well-known as an outstanding prospect in youth circles and was already known to the SFA -That's classic SFA garbage, and it ultimately cost us a good player who they already knew about and who had represented Scotland. He went on to go to two Euros in a period where we went precisely nowhere. If you're angry at anyone, look at the SFA.

Once he was in the Irish system from a young age, it's perfectly understandable that he felt comfortable there and a sense of loyalty towards them. Not to mention his family links.

Add in that this was around the time that Ireland were a penalty shoot-out away from their second World Cup quarter-final in just over a decade and Scotland were drawing 2-2 with the Faroes and in a state of general shambles, I think it's perfectly understandable that Ireland looked the better career bet. Add in his roots in their system by that point and it would have been surprising had he chosen Scotland.

I do take issue with the nonsense interview he gave claiming that he took abuse from 'real Scotland supporters' as opposed to those in Glasgow who, according to him, tend to support Ireland or England. This is complete fucking nonsense. As is his daft comparison with the likes of Arfield and MacLean.

I can understand him having a bit of bitterness having taken loads of flack, but shite like that is just stupid.

Don't really have a problem with him playing for Ireland though. In context, it was fair enough.

Agree. Nowt against McGeady - Scotland didn't want him. Many national teams including our own have players who were born/ raised elsewhere.

As to now - I think he could be Hibs' Charlie Adam - bits of magic now and then but essentially a hasbeen. Time will tell.

17 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

And you know people came into the thread with the intention of defending them. 

The problem is, when you clearly enter a discussion with a pre-determined agenda and respond to anyone disputing it with ‘oh look they’re defending it too!’ Then you’re not a great individual to engage with. 

I’m sure anti Irish bigotry in Scotland  is more prevalent than my lived experience growing up in Aberdeen but I won’t be choosing you to educate me on it. 

6 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

That's far too reasonable a post for this discussion...