2 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Nah, he's a kiddy on Irishman born and bread in Glasgow.  If you ask him he would consider himself Irish - something not uncommon with a lot of Celtc fans of whom their grandparents once visited Dublin. 

It’s not upto you to determine if he’s Irish or not. 

You need a lot more than just a family member visiting a country to qualify for a passport 

10 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Plastic Paddies your preference?

I suspect HR was having "a wee joke"...........................

Nah I’d prefer not to use derogative terms

If he was a Asian born in Scotland who decided to represent Pakistani you wouldn’t call him a “plastic p***” 

Calling it a joke isn’t the argument you think it is 

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

It’s not upto you to determine if he’s Irish or not. 

You need a lot more than just a family member visiting a country to qualify for a passport 

He was born Glasgow - grew up Glasgow - played football until 20s Glasgow.

What part of Ireland has Glasgow upon them? :lol: 

Can I just kick about saying Im Italian because my granny lived there until she was 3 and i went to Milan to watch football?

No, because its not normal behavior.

Anyway end of discussion Mcgeady will do a good job for us - thats the important part.  

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

He was born Glasgow - grew up Glasgow - played football until 20s Glasgow.

What part of Ireland has Glasgow upon them? :lol: 

Can I just kick about saying Im Italian because my granny lived there until she was 3 and i went to Milan to watch football?

No, because its not normal behavior.

Anyway end of discussion Mcgeady will do a good job for us - thats the important part.  

He’s represented Ireland at every age group, his background is Irish with family living in Ireland 

Using your logic does that mean anyone born in England with a Scottish background should be ineligible to represent Scotland or call themselves a Scot?

How very blood and soil of you. 

Nae idea on what the Italian citizenship rules are, then again it’s just a whataboutery argument from you. 

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

If he was a Asian born in Scotland who decided to represent Pakistani you wouldn’t call him a “plastic p***” 

No If theyre granny came from there and he lived in scotland all his life and decided to tell Scotland to bolt to represent any other country I would call them a kid on....

Celtic fans are known for it though.  We both know it.  Trying to turn it into people being racist is below the belt.  I just think it's weirdo behavior. 

Just now, Clown Job said:

He’s represented Ireland at every age group, his background is Irish with family living in Ireland 

Using your logic does that mean anyone born in England with a Scottish background should be ineligible to represent Scotland or call themselves a Scot?

How very blood and soil of you. 

Nae idea on what the Italian citizenship rules are, then again it’s just a whataboutery argument from you. 

Good for him.  That's because when he was at school in Scotland, the country of his birth and education, he couldn't represent Scotland through some loophole.

Usually the English that represent Scotland don't consider themselves Scottish, it's usually because they aren't good enough for England.

Take your moral high-ground elsewhere.  If you are born in a country and grow up there, educated there, work there and your parents are from the same country it's weird behavior to consider yourself anything but the nationality of that country. 

Three of my grandparents are English, one Italian, my parents are Scottish and I'm born and bred here.  It would be weird as f**k to then consider myself Italian or English. 

No If theyre granny came from there and he lived in scotland all his life and decided to tell Scotland to bolt to represent any other country I would call them a kid on....

Celtic fans are known for it though.  We both know it.  Trying to turn it into people being racist is below the belt.  I just think it's weirdo behavior. 

Guarantee you wouldn’t say that to an Asian Scot because you know exactly how it would sound attacking someone for it.

Whatever makes you feel better to justify your attitude I suppose.

If you want to talk about weirdo behave you should wonder why these guys representing Ireland enrages people like yourself.

It makes zero difference to your life after all. But someone with an Irish background can’t be Irish according to you. 

Anyways enjoy your seethe at having an Irishman sign for Hibs, personally I think he’s over the hill at his age and playing in League 1 for the last few years. 

I wouldn’t get upset at his nationality 

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

Good for him.  That's because when he was at school in Scotland, the country of his birth and education, he couldn't represent Scotland through some loophole.

Usually the English that represent Scotland don't consider themselves Scottish, it's usually because they aren't good enough for England.

Take your moral high-ground elsewhere.  If you are born in a country and grow up there, educated there, work there and your parents are from the same country it's weird behavior to consider yourself anything but the nationality of that country. 

Three of my grandparents are English, one Italian, my parents are Scottish and I'm born and bred here.  It would be weird as f**k to then consider myself Italian or English. 

It’s wild how much this annoys you

Would love to know what players for Scotland don’t consider themselves Scottish, you must have names since you’re ITK here

You are a very strange individual 

Enjoy the rest of your night, and remember it’s not all about you or what you think. 

3 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Guarantee you wouldn’t say that to an Asian Scot because you know exactly how it would sound attacking someone for it.

Whatever makes you feel better to justify your attitude I suppose.

If you want to talk about weirdo behave you should wonder why these guys representing Ireland enrages people like yourself.

It makes zero difference to your life after all. But someone with an Irish background can’t be Irish according to you. 

Anyways enjoy your seethe at having an Irishman sign for Hibs, personally I think he’s over the hill at his age and playing in League 1 for the last few years. 

I wouldn’t get upset at his nationality 

Yes I would.  

It doesn't enrage me.  I just have the opinion it's weird.  The only angry person here is you.

No, they can't.  Not if they or their parents have never lived there :lol: 

Cool, cheers now bolt please. 

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

It’s wild how much this annoys you

Would love to know what players for Scotland don’t consider themselves Scottish, you must have names since you’re ITK here

You are a very strange individual 

Enjoy the rest of your night, and remember it’s not all about you or what you think. 

It doesn't annoy me :lol: you're the one actual ragin'.  

One day you may visit Dublin, the capital of the country of your birth, sorry your nationality.   Night. 

It doesn't annoy me :lol: you're the one actual ragin'.  

One day you may visit Dublin, the capital of the country of your birth, sorry your nationality.   Night. 

I’m not Irish mate, nor have I ever claimed to be

But of course it’s strange individuals like yourself who give me abuse for it.

4 hours ago, Empty It said:

You knew as soon as Mcgeady signed for Hibs there was going to be Celtic fans in here desperate to be offended.

The last couple of hours seem to back up your prediction............

21 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I’m not Irish mate, nor have I ever claimed to be

But of course it’s strange individuals like yourself who give me abuse for it.

Why would I give you abuse for being a nationality of any country if you are from there?  In fact, I wouldn't give anyone abuse regardless, I would just think it was personally weird.  Nobody deserves abuse for personal decisions, weird or not. 

Point out anywhere, anytime anyone has given you abuse? 

Stop making up stories and acting offended.  I know it's the celtc way but chill man. 

If Aiden want's to kid on he's Irish and change his name to Adriana and act as a woman one shit I couldn't give as long as he's good at football for us.  

Edited by Hoose Rice

24 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Why would I give you abuse for being a nationality of any country if you are from there?  In fact, I wouldn't give anyone abuse regardless, I would just think it was personally weird.  Nobody deserves abuse for personal decisions, weird or not. 

Point out anywhere, anytime anyone has given you abuse? 

Stop making up stories and acting offended.  I know it's the celtc way but chill man. 

If Aiden want's to kid on he's Irish and change his name to Adriana and act as a woman one shit I couldn't give as long as he's good at football for us.  

Change his name and act like a women

What?

You sound like a deeply prejudice individual 

7 hours ago, Clown Job said:

This is now the second time I've reported you for writing this. I hope the moderators take action this time rather than just delete your post.

You knew as soon as he came back to Scotland there was going to be people desperate to have a go at him because of his background 
It's nothing to do with his background, its because he was a decent player to turned his back on Scotland for another nation, it'd be the exact same if he chose to play for any other nation not just Ireland but I'm sure you'd be in here throwing a tantrum defending him if it wasn't Ireland and was in fact another nation.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

This is now the second time I've reported you for writing this. I hope the moderators take action this time rather than just delete your post.

Did you report the use of derogative words for Irish people?