5 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Bit sad to see Doidge go, clearly came back from the injury a level below where he'd been before but had one of the best turnarounds of form I've ever seen from a Hibs player midway through his first season, ending up with a decent record as the focal point of a shite team. His second season he was a great foil for the more talented players around him and while he scored fewer in the league his goals in the Scottish Cup did a lot towards us reaching that final. Leaves with between a 1 in 3 and 1 in 4 record, I don't know if we've really seen someone with that goalscoring record while doing the target man job for a long time.  

It's all good, we will replace him with the next Cherno Samba. 

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Excellent signing, his stats last year were really good. Replicate it this season and he will be a huge asset.

We may even be able to give him a decent pen to sign his extension in January 🤭

11 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Good signing McGeady.  

Excellent interview here, talks well about his relationship with Johnson and how the move came about. Mentions the time he got sent off for 2 X diving yellows at ER😆 Look forward to a few penalties for us this season.

5 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

2022/23 stating the bleeding obvious award for this kind of pish

Well every comment I've read so far is expecting some tricky flying winger.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well every comment I've read so far is expecting some tricky flying winger.

Everyone knows he has changed his game to compensate for lost pace.

Scotsman did an in depth the other day, loads of stats there. Have a look, it's right up your street.

I genuinely don't think anyone expects what you suggest.

I liked what he had to say, minus the affiliation patter which made me cringe horrendously, and he can hit a set piece which we’ve not had in the team for a long time.

Seemed to still have a lot to offer at Sunderland before his injury. Hopefully he can get back to that level.

38 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

A striker signed. Finally. 

The common denominator with all the players we are signing (McGeady excepted) seems to be pace, something we have severely lacked since Boyle left - and tbh he was the only pacey outlet we had.

Remains to be seen if they all click but it will be far more fun to watch than the tippy tappy, pass across the back into midfield and punt that we have become over last 2 years.

McGeady should give us some guile as well.

Ideally we could have maybe one or two more defenders as well and - maybe stretching reality a bit - perhaps another creative midfielder?

Exciting times

Signing a French striker takes me back to that season we started off with Didier Agathe for the first month or so, then signed Zitelli when he left and we finished the season with Marc Libbra on loan. I think Donald Park was our chief scout at the time, had an eye for a player.

It's a shame Doidge didn't seem to be able to regain his prior physical condition as his attributes come in handy in this kind of league. McGinn was a solid player for us too bar a few shite games last season and he could play in more than one position. I hope we aren't persisting with the JDH/Newell (+Campbell if it's a three)midfield next season and Magennis seems to be made of glass unfortunately.