1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Steady.

He is not "defending the manager", rather answering another posters - slightly bonkers, but it takes all sorts - take on our manager.

n.b. A straw poll of "gadges I know" results in overwhelmingly positive vibes about LJ.

That is backed up by the Q&A last night, where he spent the time afterward talking 1-1 with fans, was open about signings and players having medicals this morning etc.

Fair play. Wasn’t having a go, just seemed a bit of straw clutching, particularly when quite a few of the recent posts in this thread were about signing ‘unknown quantities’. 

Now, if you could see your way to beating Hearts a couple of times (at least) this season, that would be grand. 

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Steady.

He is not "defending the manager", rather answering another posters - slightly bonkers, but it takes all sorts - take on our manager.

n.b. A straw poll of "gadges I know" results in overwhelmingly positive vibes about LJ.

That is backed up by the Q&A last night, where he spent the time afterward talking 1-1 with fans, was open about signings and players having medicals this morning etc.

All these Sunderland and Bristol City fans must also have a “slightly bonkers” take on him. But hey, you know best because he did a bit of 1 to 1 stuff at a Q and A night.

Aye, very good! The Hibs fans buying into LJ will be the same ones that told us that Tynecastle would be flats and Hearts play hoofball!

11 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

All these Sunderland and Bristol City fans must also have a “slightly bonkers” take on him. But hey, you know best because he did a bit of 1 to 1 stuff at a Q and A night.

Aye, very good! The Hibs fans buying into LJ will be the same ones that told us that Tynecastle would be flats and Hearts play hoofball!

Hearts do play hoofball?

He left Sunderland in second and his team got promoted.

He saved Bristol City from relegation and is their longest serving manager.  

Need to give him a chance.  Has to be better than Maloney that’s for sure. 

34 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

The Hibs fans buying into LJ will be the same ones that told us that Tynecastle would be flats and Hearts play hoofball!

I can see you are a wee bit miffed but that's a bit of a stretch m9.

We loved what Stubbs did for us but the Saint Mirren fans hate him.

Hearts fans flew a banner over Tynecastle to remove the tramp, now he got them 3rd and Europe.

Don't assume that one outcome in football automatically predicts the next.

47 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I can see you are a wee bit miffed but that's a bit of a stretch m9.

We loved what Stubbs did for us but the Saint Mirren fans hate him.

Hearts fans flew a banner over Tynecastle to remove the tramp, now he got them 3rd and Europe.

Don't assume that one outcome in football automatically predicts the next.

The one thing I will assume after 50 years of watching Hibs, is that we’ll continue to shit the bed against Hearts. But hey, don’t worry about that, they play hoofball and apparently finishing 3rd in the league is more important than beating them. Lennon and McLeish are the only managers that “got” the importance of derby games!

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

Hearts do play hoofball?

Maybe we should try hoofball then. Seems to prevail in derby matches. Or do they not matter to you? 
As for Maloney, you are right, anything is an improvement. 
As for giving him a chance, how long do you suggest we give him? We play Hearts second game of the season. Is yet another defeat to them acceptable? 
We should be recruiting manager’s targeted to win derby games, not winning at Ross County and St Mirren.

2 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Hearts do play hoofball?

We don’t though, mate. 😎

We play troof baw

2 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

The one thing I will assume after 50 years of watching Hibs, is that we’ll continue to shit the bed against Hearts. But hey, don’t worry about that, they play hoofball and apparently finishing 3rd in the league is more important than beating them. Lennon and McLeish are the only managers that “got” the importance of derby games!

I genuinely think you need to take a step back and reflect.

If you hate Hibs as much as this, then maybe you need to take a break?

Anyway, peace and love etc......but just chill out a bit man

27 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I genuinely think you need to take a step back and reflect.

If you hate Hibs as much as this, then maybe you need to take a break?

Anyway, peace and love etc......but just chill out a bit man

So aspiring to improve and prioritise our shambolic derby record means that one hates Hibs. Aye, very good. Enjoy the odd point against Livingston and Ross County.

10 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Hearts hoofball 3rd place 61 points

Hibs silky passing football 8th place 45 points

I know what I'd prefer.

Only a moron would say Hearts played hoofball last season. 

15 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

Stubbs didn’t?  He lost once to them in about 6 games. 

13 hours ago, Empty It said:

Hearts hoofball 3rd place 61 points

Hibs silky passing football 8th place 45 points

I know what I'd prefer.

We played shite football when we finished third with more points than that the season before.  It still wasn’t enough for the fans to go against Jack. 

Bit sad to see Doidge go, clearly came back from the injury a level below where he'd been before but had one of the best turnarounds of form I've ever seen from a Hibs player midway through his first season, ending up with a decent record as the focal point of a shite team. His second season he was a great foil for the more talented players around him and while he scored fewer in the league his goals in the Scottish Cup did a lot towards us reaching that final. Leaves with between a 1 in 3 and 1 in 4 record, I don't know if we've really seen someone with that goalscoring record while doing the target man job for a long time.