Head of Recruitment Ian Gordon added: “Rocky is just 22, has played over 80 senior matches, and has a lot of room for improvement. We believe we can add value to him that’ll benefit the Club in the future.”

Ian Gordon :lol: 

23 minutes ago, Zing. said:

We have signed a right back from Australia. We currently have three of them in the squad already.

This Australian guy and the Gambian kid make me less worried about Lee Johnson (I'm assuming that Rocky wasn't his fault).

Despite the similarity in pedigree, it definitely looks like Johnson isn't just going to be signing overpriced gammon-eating dross from the English lower leagues the way that Hecky did. His signings may or may not still be overpriced dross, but his team will at least be worldly, cosmopolitan dross from the four corners of the globe, conversant in the whole gamut of world football and culture, and very capable of translating essential footballing idioms like "Obviously, this is a disappointing result for us, but we tried hard and we'll need to work hard and focus on next week's game if we're to keep clear of relegation"  into any one of a dozen ethnic tongues.

The transfer news is exceeding expectations, so far, IMO.

6 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

This is a spectacular f**k up from the Club regarding Rocky. Norwich must be laughing their cocks off. Seems a mental clause but we've fallen for it hook line and sinker. Whoever sanctioned the deal should be sacked.

It was probably the manager sacking that triggered it. I suspect Shaun Maloney knew fine well that Rocky wasn't to be put on the pitch more than a set number of times, but when he was fired, nobody passed the memo onto David Gray, and it's the sort of pitfall edge-case in a loanee contract he'd have been too inexperienced to look out for.

I'm still confused as to how one year left on a four year contract with Norwich translates into him locking Hibs into a three-year contract. THAT'S what's mental to me.

Edited by Aim Here

This is a spectacular f**k up from the Club regarding Rocky. Norwich must be laughing their cocks off. Seems a mental clause but we've fallen for it hook line and sinker. Whoever sanctioned the deal should be sacked.
Definitely one of those written in tiny font using white ink on the back of the contract clauses.