Just now, annan4eva said:

The Sunderland fans did not like him at all got called streaky there and Bristol ( wins a few followed by hammerings)

He saved Bristol from relegation and established them as a Championship club.  Sunderland are a basket case and they still placed in third when he was punted.

Face value, despite supporters moaning he's about as good as any of the diddy clubs could attract imo.   Seems an alright guy too. 

People get awfully worked up about manager appointments, but basically we just don't know. Might be great, hopefully he's shite.

We can go back and forward about his record all we want, but in reality the most important thing is player recruitment. Hibs' has been shite of late and that's why they are rubbish. Get that right and life is easier for any coach.

Four years, though? Bold.

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

People get awfully worked up about manager appointments, but basically we just don't know. Might be great, hopefully he's shite.

We can go back and forward about his record all we want, but in reality the most important thing is player recruitment. Hibs' has been shite of late and that's why they are rubbish. Get that right and life is easier for any coach.

Four years, though? Bold.

Very good post.

4 years gives security to both manager and club I suppose.  Very rarely do they last that long for whatever reason.  If he has an outstanding season next then a lot of compensation will be needed and vice-versa. 

49 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Done better than Ross at Sunderland and McInnes at Bristol.  Better track record down South than Neilson and Alexander also.

Hecky had no experience of the Scottish game when appointed.   I'm actually quite happy at the calibre of appointment in comparison to Aberdeen and also Maloney.  Fucking should have been Alex Neil in November though.

Yeah fair enuff...tbf I have largely been going by the post somebody shared from that apoplectic Sunderland fan about how he was a personality hole...although it sounded more like a personal attack than anything. 

I suppose I was also succumbing more than a little to that Scottish fan 'ooh shiny thing' disease when JDT was linked.

...and don't get me started on handsome Jim or our recent recruitment ffs...😒

Not watched the 50 second video yet. But attacking football is for me.  Wtf else you gonna say?

I likes a bland possession based approach where we pass it amongst our defence.  That way the opposition get so distracted by our bland tedious passes that they sit off and then we punt it long to the sole attacker up front who’s 5’8 tall.

07487BE3-8599-42C0-AA9C-F43D5E87540A.png

1 minute ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Goodwin wont get another job in football once Aberdeen bag him  at Christmas when 12th.

He’d get a part time gig where he’ll need to see if his confectionery sales job is still open for him to go back to. IMHO, without any bitterness towards him whatsoever, just the way I see things panning out.

I'm whelmed with this appointment. I wish him all the best and he's certainly better than a lot of the candidates quoted earlier on in the process. i reckon JDT stories/interest were created by Jambo journos who knew Johnson was a shoe in. There are two things I wake up each morning thankful of. One being Robbie Neilson is not the manager of my football club.

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Based on what?  Only Maloney since 2014 lasted 6 months? 

Based on my opinion that Hibs and Aberdeen are looking for a manager to ‘take the club back to where it should be’, and when the manager fails to meet that wooly expectation, they will be bagged. Where Hibs and Aberdeen should be, in my opinion, is a place that Hearts, Dundee United, Motherwell, Livingston, and who knows who else, are equally capable of occupying. Hey, opinions, opinions. 😎

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Based on my opinion that Hibs and Aberdeen are looking for a manager to ‘take the club back to where it should be’, and when the manager fails to meet that wooly expectation, they will be bagged. Where Hibs and Aberdeen should be, in my opinion, is a place that Hearts, Dundee United, Motherwell, Livingston, and who knows who else, are equally capable of occupying. Hey, opinions, opinions. 😎

Cool, no bother.  Don't you think there's a slight possibility LJ has what it takes to have us 3rd/4th come the end of 2022?  I feel it's quite feasible. 

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

He saved Bristol from relegation and established them as a Championship club.  Sunderland are a basket case and they still placed in third when he was punted.

Face value, despite supporters moaning he's about as good as any of the diddy clubs could attract imo.   Seems an alright guy too. 

I totally understand you trying to glean positives out of this appalling appointment, but all these Sunderland and Bristol City fans can’t be wrong. He’ll be gone by Christmas at the latest.

Just now, Glen Sannox said:

I totally understand you trying to glean positives out of this appalling appointment, but all these Sunderland and Bristol City fans can’t be wrong. He’ll be gone by Christmas at the latest.

Hopefully not.  He was at Bristol for years after all and won a trophy with Sunderland.  He's pretty meh appointment but he's still a very good calibre for our league. 

17 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Cool, no bother.  Don't you think there's a slight possibility LJ has what it takes to have us 3rd/4th come the end of 2022?  I feel it's quite feasible. 

Perfectly feasible, just as it is for the rest of the league, bar the two uglies who will be first and second. Now, in saying that, I appreciate St Mirren have never made Top 6, but this season, right up until Goodwin left, you could throw a blanket over seven or eight teams, and we looked good for not just Top 6, but the European spots where Dundee Utd and Motherwell finally ended up. We blew it, but I don’t see there being much between any of us again next season again. Kilmarnock should be better than Dundee, it’s feasible they could be Top 6 looking at 4th too. Absolutely feasible.

Not big enough club to challenge Rangers or Celtic, but having watched Hibs quite a bit under Ross (still sets up teams not to get beated), he will be a breath of spring attacking wise for their fans (as long as they can take the odd thumping). Think they still have a decent left back and the lad who scores lots of goals.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Perfectly feasible, just as it is for the rest of the league, bar the two uglies who will be first and second. Now, in saying that, I appreciate St Mirren have never made Top 6, but this season, right up until Goodwin left, you could throw a blanket over seven or eight teams, and we looked good for not just Top 6, but the European spots where Dundee Utd and Motherwell finally ended up. We blew it, but I don’t see there being much between any of us again next season again. Kilmarnock should be better than Dundee, it’s feasible they could be Top 6 looking at 4th too. Absolutely feasible.

We should have a bigger budget than all the teams you've mentioned and can offer players more years also.  If done correctly we should be better than the teams mentioned, if not and we have a shocker then it opens the door for they clubs.  It's not me being patronising either mate. 

If LJ does his job capable then he will be in a job long term.  If he succeeds he will be away back down South in about a year and of course if it's a disaster he will be gone.  I don't think there's much on his CV to date to suggest he will be an instant failure though, he usually begins very well. -  He done so at every club he's been at.  

Edited by Hoose Rice