1 hour ago, Zing. said:

Can’t be surprised at the suspension. Fully deserved. The extra game is the strange bit for me, how often is that “frivolous appeal” rule applied? Can’t say I remember it happening very often. 

I suspect that's partly aimed at Maloney.  His claim that Porteous  was trying to play the ball when he obviously couldn't get to the ball without going through the player was ridiculous.  It was the comment of a manager desperately flailing for an excuse for losing and grabbing at nonsense.  But it wasn't harmless nonsense.  It partly exonerated an outrageous challenge and backed up public criticism of a referee who every reasonable person thought was right in this instance.  And is was said in the tone of voice of a man implying that he knew the rules even if the referee didn't. No wonder the SFA were provoked.

I have serious doubts Porteous would have wanted to appeal but for Maloney's post match comments.  Maloney should have recognised them as things said in the heat of the moment and retracted them or at least stayed shtum.  But no, he doubled down on his imaginary grievance and no doubt encouraged the player to share it.  I'm not surprised the SFA decided this idiocy needed stamped down on.  It was the right thing to do.

Edited by Game of throw-ins

4 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Not really, his job is to keep the offence from scoring.  Something he's done really well against Hearts this season.  It's not his fault we have zero creativity. 

Both games it was proclaimed we are shite and you were going to pump us.  Both games, no goals and RP played brilliant at your tip and well in the other game.   Best season Hearts have had in years and haven't scored a goal against us.  

I never proclaimed that personally. I mentioned the Riordan penalty game as evidence as to why that would be daft.

How do you have no creativity though? The American Wunderkind and the wee laddie with the shite hair were supposed to be really good offensively? 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

I never proclaimed that personally. I mentioned the Riordan penalty game as evidence as to why that would be daft.

How do you have no creativity though? The American Wunderkind and the wee laddie with the shite hair were supposed to be really good offensively? 🤷‍♂️

We are talking about Porto, Kyle after you proclaimed him as shite.  He's not Maldini but he's no Zander Diamond either. 

To answer though, probably because we sold our best player in January, our most attacking midfielder who started the season fantastically has been injured for months, Scott Allan is finished as a top league player and most our creativity comes from Chris Cadden who finds absolutely nobody in the middle of the penalty area ever. 

Despite that and also the fact we had a goalie making his first start in the league for the club, Hearts have scored no goals against Hibs with RP in the middle of defence this season. 

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

We are talking about Porto, Kyle after you proclaimed him as shite.  He's not Maldini but he's no Zander Diamond either. 

To answer though, probably because we sold our best player in January, our most attacking midfielder who started the season fantastically has been injured for months, Scott Allan is finished as a top league player and most our creativity comes from Chris Cadden who finds absolutely nobody in the middle of the penalty area ever. 

Despite that and also the fact we had a goalie making his first start in the league for the club, Hearts have scored no goals against Hibs with RP in the middle of defence this season. 

But by the same logic, Porteous has played against us with Boyle in the team and still never beaten us, so how does that work. I was sent a link to Hibs.net by a mate earlier. The locals are all aghast at Halkett being in the Scotland squad and not Porteous. Really need to ask your own personal thoughts on that, mate. As one of the few Hibs supporters on here who I don’t think are clueless, I mean. 👍

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I think you’ve misread the room there, I’m afraid. 

Why do Aberdeen give a shiny shite over Ryan Porteous then?  I couldn't give a feck about any Aberdeen player.     Even that moaning faced sticky Barrys nephew. 

1 minute ago, Kyle Reese said:

But by the same logic, Porteous has played against us with Boyle in the team and still never beaten us, so how does that work. I was sent a link to Hibs.net by a mate earlier. The locals are all aghast at Halkett being in the Scotland squad and not Porteous. Really need to ask your own personal thoughts on that, mate. As one of the few Hibs supporters on here who I don’t think are clueless, I mean. 👍

Halkett has had a much better season and deserves his call up.  I wasn't calling him a useless donkey like some jambos last season either.  Hearts are a much better side with the lad in the team. 

There's a middle ground, you know fine well RP isn't a shite footballer.  

7 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Why do Aberdeen give a shiny shite over Ryan Porteous then?  I couldn't give a feck about any Aberdeen player.     Even that moaning faced sticky Barrys nephew. 

He’s just a relatively high profile player in the league, often because of his moments of madness, so fans of other clubs are drawn to take the piss. I doubt any Aberdeen fan hates ‘Porto’ at all. 

I think, somewhat understandably, hibs fans are ultra defensive about him because Gerrard was out of order about him and then the *** media piled in on him. Doesn’t mean everyone who takes the piss hates him or is obsessed. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He’s just a relatively high profile player in the league, often because of his moments of madness, so fans of other clubs are drawn to take the piss. I doubt any Aberdeen fan hates ‘Porto’ at all. 

I think, somewhat understandably, hibs fans are ultra defensive about him because Gerrard was out of order about him and then the *** media piled in on him. Doesn’t mean everyone who takes the piss hates him or is obsessed. 

By teaching him the difference between drawing and losing a game?

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'm not ultra defensive over him.  I actually think his management group lead by Sir Andy Murray should sit down with him and explain what his needed to be a top sportsman because the tools are there.  He's unfortunately acting like said tool too often.

Maybe Aberdeen fans dont hate the lad but they are, like the new club failing to get the guy out their system.  Again, high profile or not I don't really know or care about any Aberdeen players.  It's only Aberdeen or Hearts fans (rivals) that jump on anything Porteous wise.  I genuinely don't understand why he bothers your fans so much.  

26 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Because the boy is an utter helmet.

Kids on he’s hard when he’s clearly just thick.

Sent off in the last two games, both for thick as f**k offences, the first one cowardly as well as thick.

If there’s any genuine interest in him from any clubs, I’d be driving him there personally if I was a Hibs fan. 
He’s a liability, & not very good either. 

Just now, Thenorthernlight said:

Sent off in the last two games, both for thick as f**k offences, the first one cowardly as well as thick.

If there’s any genuine interest in him from any clubs, I’d be driving him there personally if I was a Hibs fan. 

Last two games against Aberdeen 

8 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I'm not ultra defensive over him.  I actually think his management group lead by Sir Andy Murray should sit down with him and explain what his needed to be a top sportsman because the tools are there.  He's unfortunately acting like said tool too often.

Maybe Aberdeen fans dont hate the lad but they are, like the new club failing to get the guy out their system.  Again, high profile or not I don't really know or care about any Aberdeen players.  It's only Aberdeen or Hearts fans (rivals) that jump on anything Porteous wise.  I genuinely don't understand why he bothers your fans so much.  

It’s a multi club forum m9, most of us take an interest in other clubs. If you don’t care about Aberdeen players that’s fine.

14 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I'm sure there has been plenty Aberdeen players over the last few years that are hammer throwing cloggers also but I don't even care.

Aberdeen fans having personally in for Porteous is plain weird. 

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s a multi club forum m9, most of us take an interest in other clubs. If you don’t care about Aberdeen players that’s fine.

Fair enough but my point stands.  You don't see 9 out the 12 clubs in the league give a shiny shite about Porto.  Aberdeen, your pals the stickies and our rivals.  

5 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Fair enough but my point stands.  You don't see 9 out the 12 clubs in the league give a shiny shite about Porto.  Aberdeen, your pals the stickies and our rivals.  

im really not sure what your point is, but you’re welcome to it. 

14 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

So Hibs don't give a shiny shite about one of their own players?