40 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Well not based on too much other than highlight reels and accolades before he came but I thought he looked decent last night and wasn't afraid to get involved. Not sure he'll be a direct replacement but I'd be happy to give him the chance for now at-least.

Glad to hear the accolades about Mitchell should it come off, liked him since he signed for Hibs in my football manager career a long time ago and was abit miffed when he went to Hearts in the cold light of day.

If he's a LWB I guess he's competition for Doig, or perhaps a replacement, which based on current form I wouldn't oppose - barring the assist last night of-course. 

I should probably emphasis that plenty Hearts supporters would disagree with my assessment of Mitchell, but I definitely liked him.

Never watched your game last night, so honestly can't comment on Mueller. Obviously I hope he turns out to be a complete shanner, but that's based on nothing but my strong bias. :D 

44 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

<checks notes for Sam Cosgrove and Scott McKenna fees>

Ahem.....................

I am probably about 15-20 years out of date with that perception but i always think Hibs and Utd get good fees. And we get next to nothing. It's more a reflection on us not monetising what we can as effectively whereas you have a better record at doing that. Apart from Cosgrove obviously, the money we got for him is stupid. 

21 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I am probably about 15-20 years out of date with that perception but i always think Hibs and Utd get good fees. And we get next to nothing. It's more a reflection on us not monetising what we can as effectively whereas you have a better record at doing that. Apart from Cosgrove obviously, the money we got for him is stupid. 

Aye, I'd go along with that. When you consider the fees they have received over the years for players like Brown, Fletcher, Thomson, O'Connor, McGinn, Whittaker, Stokes and now Boyle, they've definitely done pretty well.

Boyle was occasionally seen watching Dunbar United, his local team, and sponsored a player there. 

Seems like a good guy for that at least.

I don't know if money changed hands at the same time but Hibs swapped Alex Harris for Boyle with Dundee. Given the Hi-Dees Alliance surely a few petro-dollars should be Dens Park bound?

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Boyle was occasionally seen watching Dunbar United, his local team, and sponsored a player there. 

I don't know if money changed hands at the same time but Hibs swapped Alex Harris for Boyle with Dundee. Given the Hi-Dees Alliance surely a few petro-dollars should be Dens Park bound?

maybe Montrose will get a few quid. Btw Hartley was Dee boss when that schwapp was done. 😆

Massive amount of money for Boyle - fair play Hibs. He'll go there for a couple of years and set him and his wife up for life, again fair play. 

Does this leave Fred West with a clear path to the first team? 

#KillerTouch. 

#MinterRic. 

#ShallowToTheBone. 

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I know a few folk who know him.

Lovely guy but thick as mince.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I know a few folk who know him.

Lovely guy but thick as mince.

Yeah it's hard to imagine Boyle becoming a coach/manager after he retires, which makes accepting this move make even more sense for him.

He'll be able to retire completely after it and live comfortably in Australia.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah it's hard to imagine Boyle becoming a coach/manager after he retires, which makes accepting this move make even more sense for him.

He'll be able to retire completely after it and live comfortably in Australia.

I'd be surprised. They were wanting up the road in the summer. Apparently struggled after having their child at some point before or during the first lockdown and weren't able to come up and see family.