31 minutes ago, AJF said:

The fact that Boyle is compared against players like McBurnie, Burke, McNulty, Phillips and Russell says it all for me. Each of these players have had Scotland fans crying they aren’t good enough for the team. Boyle would’ve just been another that may have got a few caps but ultimately just a squad player.

As much as I do get your point I would go as far as saying he’s a better player than Ryan Fraser who I watched yesterday and was absolutely shite and also better than todays version of James Forrest, no fault of his own, 

Based on our current system for Scotland, no we wouldn’t start him because we don’t play with wingers but he can slot in at right wing back which was a major problem position before Patterson emerged aswell as up front, bringing him on when we’re chasing a goal or even defending a lead with him on the last defender would be a massive boost for us and he would definitely be around the 15 cap mark by now.

Theres no disputing we made a huge mistake by not calling him up.

7 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

His Roos record speaks for itself.

He's only played one game up front for them, and it was against Nepal.

Struggling to see this International record that proves he'd be coming on up front in every game for Scotland tbh.

14 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

You are on this occasion correct but as a fan of St Johnstone I'd suggest you STFU about other fan's fanciful notions of their player's ability to impact Scotland squads tbh 

Yeah, you'll find I didn't join in the weird shouts for Rooney to be first choice RWB for Scotland. He was clearly not good enough for that.

Understand Hibs fans want to defend their clubs players but he's worse than Fraser and Forrest quite comfortably and neither of them can get into Scotland squads regularly.

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, you'll find I didn't join in the weird shouts for Rooney to be first choice RWB for Scotland. He was clearly not good enough for that.

Understand Hibs fans want to defend their clubs players but he's worse than Fraser and Forrest quite comfortably and neither of them can get into Scotland squads regularly.

I’m sorry but that second paragraph is nonsense.

Ryan Fraser and James Forrest have been picked for every squad that they’ve been fit for.

You could argue Fraser is better than Boyle due to the different leagues, I would argue against but that’s acceptable but Forrest? Pre-injury yes but since his injury he’s shown absolutely nothing to suggest he’s still a better footballer than Martin Boyle.

14 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Martin Boyle will be playing at the World Cup and Scotland likely won't so I doubt he gives a f**k who thinks he isn't good enough for Scotland tbh.

No guarantee of that I think. Aren't they out of the automatic places and would have to go through a couple of playoffs if they don't qualify automatically.

Playoffs are normally against a fairly solid South American team too.

No guarantee of that I think. Aren't they out of the automatic places and would have to go through a couple of playoffs if they don't qualify automatically.
Playoffs are normally against a fairly solid South American team too.

Aye think you’re right tbf. I just know they won all of their initial group games, didn’t realise they still had to go through another group which they appear to be fucking up a bit.

I suppose he'll be on his way but I do wonder how much we're holding out for. We've knocked back 2 million, fair enough, most estimates had us holding out for 3 million. Seemingly this latter figure is also wide of the mark.

Now this club are willing to pay £1 million in wages per season so they're likely good for whatever we're asking, question is whether they're willing to part with it for Boyle. Only so many times you can buff someone before they f**k off. 

At-least we've done a fair bit of business early and it doesn't appear to be contingent on what we're looking at for Boyle, whatever that is.

I do hope we do a deal if Boyle is interested, it's been said many times before but he's done enough for the club to get himself set for life over there, plus concerns about whether we sell players when the time is right. Arguably if we do then more up and coming players will look at us favourably when considering a transfer. 

1 hour ago, St. Jude said:

I know nothing about this boy but I’m happy Maloney has immediately identified we’re short at centre half, Ross did nothing about it for 2 years.

That’s not strictly true tbf to Ross. He spent every interview of the entire summer transfer window saying we needed a centre half. How well we’ve done so far this window just shows how much of a colossal f**k up Mathie made of the summer. We’ve clearly got money yet we’ve spent the first half of the season with gaping holes in the squad 

27 minutes ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

That’s not strictly true tbf to Ross. He spent every interview of the entire summer transfer window saying we needed a centre half. How well we’ve done so far this window just shows how much of a colossal f**k up Mathie made of the summer. We’ve clearly got money yet we’ve spent the first half of the season with gaping holes in the squad 

Not to disagree but it does appear like we've got more money in now than we had before. Whether that's the youth training payments, anticipation of incoming transfer fees or just simply Ron showing concern at what was a relatively poor spell in the season by opening his wallet.

Having said that we did make bids in the Summer for McCart so you're right that there was some money, albeit perhaps not a huge amount of confidence in the targets identified by Mathie which in bits seemed to be inspired by the Hibsnet transfer thread. 

Edited by Chefki Kuqi