6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Intriguing. We've done this several times and the player almost always turned out to be a dud after performing amazingly well elsewhere prior to January.

That's what happens to almost every single player that moves to Aberdeen. 

Very enthused about the signings. I was in my local tonight, where the resident Alberts and Sevconians were suggesting that Norwegian football was Toytown. I’m not sure what it is about Scottish people……..but there is nothing more tinpot than Scottish football! Only Scottish politicians run it a close second, not Norwegian football.

Probably shite as it's a Hibz Newz type twitter account but seen something suggesting 3 mil plus a player (Mikey Johnston suggested) for Boyle from Celtic. Honestly not sure tbh. Certainly not now, most important player and all. But he's probably the only asset we can command a good fee for at the moment, and at 29 in a few months could he drop off quickly? 

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Probably shite as it's a Hibz Newz type twitter account but seen something suggesting 3 mil plus a player (Mikey Johnston suggested) for Boyle from Celtic. Honestly not sure tbh. Certainly not now, most important player and all. But he's probably the only asset we can command a good fee for at the moment, and at 29 in a few months could he drop off quickly? 

Doesn’t seem to be going away but I just can’t see it myself. Would have made more sense in Summer when we needed that type of player more and would have been cheaper. Can’t see us forking out the cash being claimed for a guy that age that relies on pace and has had a bad knee injury.

I wouldn't be opposed to cashing in on Boyle despite him being our best player. I think we need to get into the habit of cashing in and reinvesting when the time permits, and as said for a footballer who relies on pace coming to the end of his career then it might be the right choice, if a hard one. Combined to the fact that Celtic are likely to finish above us anyway, regardless of Boyle, I wouldn't begrudge it. 

Whether Johnstone is the right player to come the other way I'm not so sure.

Looking further back it was rumoured Christie would have been the makeweight in the McGinn deal. Whilst McGinn's career has certainly benefited more from going to Aston Villa than was likely at Celtic, it's likely we could have benefited more by having Christie up until this point than we otherwise have. Albeit if we ever see anything for McGinn's sell on clause that may change my thinking, but I reckon he's too happy at Villa for that to be in the thinking at this point in time. 

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Doesn’t seem to be going away but I just can’t see it myself. Would have made more sense in Summer when we needed that type of player more and would have been cheaper. Can’t see us forking out the cash being claimed for a guy that age that relies on pace and has had a bad knee injury.

3m + Johnston would be snap your hand off territory for Hibs surely?