There’s probably as much chance of my granny being the next manager as Lennon and rightly so.

I would love it to be Alex Neil but Jack Ross is going absolutely nowhere, not a chance, and if he does it’ll be some Steve Kean-like crony, really concerned about our ownership and where the club is going to be honest.

Crowds going down, ticket prices going up, hiring fuds like Steve Kean, Ron Gordon and his “investigation” to hurt part time clubs, I was no fan of Dempster and was pretty glad when she left in honesty but I’m genuinely really worried about it all to be honest, been a season ticket holder for the majority of my life but I’m seriously considering not bothering next season for the first time in my adult life, especially with fucking VAR coming in being added into the mix.

Hopefully I’m just being dramatic and the way I feel the club is going isn’t how it’s going to end up but that’s very much the way it feels the tide is going right now.

Lennon’s Championship team was probably the most boring Hibs side I’ve seen, ironically the people who suggest having him back spend their time moaning about how bad we are to watch under Ross. Since the start of last season, when we turn up we’ve played some really good football and are great to watch. Obviously we’ve had some high profile games where that’s not happened but I think there’s plenty of folk desperate for him to do badly for whatever reason and the whole thing about us playing rubbish football is just the first thing they can think of as an excuse - as I said above the same people often suggest Lennon or even Derek McInnes as replacements which is laughable.

I do think JR could be in a bit of trouble if we don’t pick up at least 7 points before the final but can’t help but think he’ll get the January transfer window no matter what as the club seem to have admitted they let him down in the summer 

1 hour ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

I do think JR could be in a bit of trouble if we don’t pick up at least 7 points before the final but can’t help but think he’ll get the January transfer window no matter what as the club seem to have admitted they let him down in the summer 

I think this is it. I don't think it's the manager's choice that we are relying on guys who'll never be fit enough to play two games in a week at this level again like Allan and Murphy giving us creativity off the bench, with a fairly pedestrian midfield starting games. I don't think my view that, with a good Hibs-level budget and decent recruitment, he will deliver 3rd/4th most years with the occasional dip, has changed. If he can get one of these cup runs over the line he'll have a lot more credit in the bank again. The football is very poor at times but I'll give him a transfer window to bring in Mueller, Tait and the McGrath-style AM he clearly wants and see if he can improve our style somewhat before I get properly fed up with him.  

As @Les Cabbage says it's the behind the scenes, Steve Kean/Gordon's relative, and general lack of connection that the current set up seems to have with the club, and the game over here in general, that worries me as much as anything. I am however a bit surprised to see it's this season of all that has people not turning up/thinking about chucking it. I haven't had a ST for a good few years now through living abroad/working saturdays/covid so in no position to have a dig but genuinely curious. Do you think there's an element to which a big gap through Covid has led some previously very loyal fans to question the value of spending their Saturdays watching our level of football? Because if we're being honest even in the last 10 years there have been much, much worse times on and off the park. 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

I just feel like appointing Steve Kean suggests Ron and Ben are easily conned. Its worrying that someone with such a weird CV and what outwardly appears to be a lack of loyalty is able to take a decent position at the club, especially when he has no connection to it.

I would have thought the likes of Steven Whittaker would be well suited to that role, able to develop quietly in the background, utilise their good technical knowledge of the game to instruct youngsters and perhaps even have a more current list of contacts in the game down south to benefit us.

Mathie being sacked isn't something that sits easily with me, albeit I'd acknowledge he's perhaps had more than one bad window and in not selling some of our assets this season it's likely hamstrung us, especially seeing as few other than Porteous are performing to the levels which attracted that initial interest. But effectively being replaced by a devious coot like Kean, that rankles.

As regards the lack of interest currently, I'd suggest part of it is to do with there having been too many false dawns in recent times. Can look at Lennon's second season in the SPL, Hecky's team after the summer break and now this. We've expected to kick on and we've not really done it in any meaningful way in any of these circumstances, arguably the only time we have was with Ross last season and the league as a whole was fairly poor, at-least for the first 6 months. 

If things pick up I'd guess we'll see folks coming back, not in vast numbers but gradually. A win in the League Cup could do it, grinding out results in December could do it, or the new signings in January providing an instant impact could do.

One area where I'll go against the grain is to say I don't think we can rely on Scott Allan to give us this catalyst. So many now seem frustrated by his lack of involvement, and its true that he's made some decent goals in recent times. But the guy can barely run anymore, anytime he receives the ball in midfield he's instantly under pressure and likely loses it. It was clear when he was subbed on for Newell on Saturday that we started to lose the midfield, he simply can't latch on to passes that are less than perfect. In the final third he's still the creator you'd want, but it's simply a case of being a man down for me in the rest of the game, we're less likely to get into good positions in the final third with a less athletic midfield.  

28 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Leith Green said:
...................and the referee for the cup final is
200.gif

John Beaton

Let me hazard a guess and say all the assistants are from the west coast aswell?

Not quite. Calum Spence grew up in Aberdeen.

However, Graeme Stewart hails from some no-name village just north of Coatbridge and fourth official Greg Aitken is from Cambuslang, so two out of three ain't bad.

Stewart seems to have been a policeman until he was kicked out for throttling some handcuffed and restrained guy he'd wrongfully accused of attempting to rob him, which was apparently too much even for his fellow officers. Some bois, these SFA match officials.

On the "whats going on behind the scenes", tbqhwy I couldnt really give 2 fucks whats going on as long as we have a decent team on the park.

We have had a couple of shite windows and whoever was responsible should have been binned - and apparently was.

As for the rest? I have never really given a f**k about womens football or the fat fighters stuff that they do.

I appreciate that the community foundation does good work and its great that we do a lot for the homeless etc, but lets be honest - a winning first team is the primary reason we (and all football fans) support a team for.

As to the manager, I dont give a monkeys if its Jack Ross, Diana Ross or Jonathan Ross - as long as we are winning and playing well.

Maybe I am a bit 1970s, but thats how it is...............

7 hours ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

image.png.0a956c7fad9cc0e2eb7d058ca250dcf4.png

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-porteous-hits-back-rangers-25640655 

Phwer, gave him both barrels there. 

Loved the bit about Hanlon and Stevenson, great perspective to have. 

Kris Boyd.......................

image.png.1c3f0ef9a49f720c2474e0d7adfa29dd.png

25 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet :lol:

Just watched and listened to this for the first time this morning. What an absolute scream.

"I love getting punched in the face, and to punch in the face." 😂

18 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I think this is it. I don't think it's the manager's choice that we are relying on guys who'll never be fit enough to play two games in a week at this level again like Allan and Murphy giving us creativity off the bench, with a fairly pedestrian midfield starting games. I don't think my view that, with a good Hibs-level budget and decent recruitment, he will deliver 3rd/4th most years with the occasional dip, has changed. If he can get one of these cup runs over the line he'll have a lot more credit in the bank again. The football is very poor at times but I'll give him a transfer window to bring in Mueller, Tait and the McGrath-style AM he clearly wants and see if he can improve our style somewhat before I get properly fed up with him.  

As @Les Cabbage says it's the behind the scenes, Steve Kean/Gordon's relative, and general lack of connection that the current set up seems to have with the club, and the game over here in general, that worries me as much as anything. I am however a bit surprised to see it's this season of all that has people not turning up/thinking about chucking it. I haven't had a ST for a good few years now through living abroad/working saturdays/covid so in no position to have a dig but genuinely curious. Do you think there's an element to which a big gap through Covid has led some previously very loyal fans to question the value of spending their Saturdays watching our level of football? Because if we're being honest even in the last 10 years there have been much, much worse times on and off the park. 

To be honest with you, right now it’s just the most uninspiring, under Heckingbottom, Butcher the etc, I went every week but at least there was anger there, when we’d lose I would actually be annoyed, the way we play and the fact there are very few players on the pitch that I feel any connection to (probably Boyle and Porteous the only regular starters that applies to).

For example, in years gone by we’d lose 3-0 to Dundee Utd I would be straight home and annoyed, in the game recently, I was pleased the 3rd went in so that I could leave and get myself to the boozer with my pals which I’m finding far more enjoyable than the football under this management with these players. 

I’ve got a good mate who’s an Aberdeen fan, who went every week his whole life and what Derek McInnes did to the club put him off it for life and when I speak to him about Ross, it sounds similar, I won’t ever be put off it for life but as someone pre-covid who went every week home and away, already I’ve started reducing the away games I go to, Aberdeen being the only one I’ve done this season so far (although I was half way up to Dingwall when that shite happened).

I’ve gone off on a bit of a tangent here but I’m definitely not alone, crowd numbers are dwindling and less and less season ticket holders are showing up and unless something changes soon, whether that be a change in manager or some investment in the team, that’s only going to continue.