Porteous in a nutshell last night. Really good performance from him for 85 minutes, I was getting ready to blast that smug face pic of him all over the match thread and then he dangles the leg out in front of Kent. 

He really needs to learn to cut out the silly mistakes, i get it was soft and there was probably not enough contact for Kent to go down but he can’t give referees a decision to make. 

He reminds me of Ambrose, people that watch Hibs games every week can see what he brings to the team and for the most part is a strong defender. However, there’s always that potential for a mistake in him and his blooper reel is getting longer. 

I think he’d really benefit from playing alongside an experienced organiser and leader to keep him right, I don’t see Hanlon being that player. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 hours ago, St. Jude said:

Porteous in a nutshell last night. Really good performance from him for 85 minutes, I was getting ready to blast that smug face pic of him all over the match thread and then he dangles the leg out in front of Kent. 

He really needs to learn to cut out the silly mistakes, i get it was soft and there was probably not enough contact for Kent to go down but he can’t give referees a decision to make. 

He reminds me of Ambrose, people that watch Hibs games every week can see what he brings to the team and for the most part is a strong defender. However, there’s always that potential for a mistake in him and his blooper reel is getting longer. 

I think he’d really benefit from playing alongside an experienced organiser and leader to keep him right, I don’t see Hanlon being that player. 

Every time I see Porteous (not as much as you guys of course) he always looks like he's running around like a headless chicken...lunging into stupid tackles and getting himself out of position. 

Last night he seemed to be determined to get into a vandetta with Morelos from the 1st minute. The bit where he fell down holding his face in an attempt to get Morelos red carded was just, well, cringeworthy. 

Is he actually improving ? I get the impression that he's one of these players who is incapable of learning from his mistakes. Which is a dangerous thing in a central defender. 

All young central defenders need time to develop, but Porteous has been overtaken now in the international pecking order now by Souttar and it doesn't seem like his career is really advancing. 

I always get the feeling that if any player in Scottish football needs to calm down, it's Porteous. Maybe I'm wrong on that, you guys will know better ?

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I always get the feeling that if any player in Scottish football needs to calm down, it's Porteous. Maybe I'm wrong on that, you guys will know better

Hes calm against everyone else, attitude wise but - rightly - despises Rangers and their fans.

Morelos has stamped on him, elbowed him and got away with it for a couple of seasons.

He has had death threats from their fans, been targeted deliberately by that p***k Gerrard, - and had barely any support outside of Hibs.

He is 3 or 4 years younger than Souttar so I have no worries on his development. Many of us said he would have to leave Scottish football to progress. I still think this is the case as he has a target on his back up here.

He made a mistake last night, but was my MOTM up to the penalty.

Back to the original point, it surprises me that he doesnt just walk on the park and kick the shite out of Morelos as that is what he deserves, fucking rat.

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Every time I see Porteous (not as much as you guys of course) he always looks like he's running around like a headless chicken...lunging into stupid tackles and getting himself out of position. 

Last night he seemed to be determined to get into a vandetta with Morelos from the 1st minute. The bit where he fell down holding his face in an attempt to get Morelos red carded was just, well, cringeworthy. 

Is he actually improving ? I get the impression that he's one of these players who is incapable of learning from his mistakes. Which is a dangerous thing in a central defender. 

All young central defenders need time to develop, but Porteous has been overtaken now in the international pecking order now by Souttar and it doesn't seem like his career is really advancing. 

I always get the feeling that if any player in Scottish football needs to calm down, it's Porteous. Maybe I'm wrong on that, you guys will know better ?

The carry on with Morelos wasn’t a good look if I’m honest. He clearly tries to wind Morelos up and get him carded but he needs to be smarter about it. As Leith Green says he only really seems to have an issue with Rangers, hard to blame him too.

He’s had 12 bookings and 1 red in the last 60 games (according to soccerbase). That’s not a bad disciplinary record for a centre half. 

I think he improved quite a bit last season as a player, maybe not kicked on so much this season but neither have the rest of the team. He is only 22, he’s 3 years younger than Souttar and Liam Gordon and 2 years younger than Jason Kerr. Those players a benchmark for where he could potentially be, he still has time but he does need start improving his positioning and decision making now. 

21 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Utterly amazed to see a man that’s outed himself as a Tory on Twitter is a selfish piece of shit.

Also worth noting the date it happened, that was the small hours of the morning after the “whole team went into isolation 😂

14 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Hes calm against everyone else, attitude wise but - rightly - despises Rangers and their fans.

Morelos has stamped on him, elbowed him and got away with it for a couple of seasons.

He has had death threats from their fans, been targeted deliberately by that p***k Gerrard, - and had barely any support outside of Hibs.

He is 3 or 4 years younger than Souttar so I have no worries on his development. Many of us said he would have to leave Scottish football to progress. I still think this is the case as he has a target on his back up here.

He made a mistake last night, but was my MOTM up to the penalty.

Back to the original point, it surprises me that he doesnt just walk on the park and kick the shite out of Morelos as that is what he deserves, fucking rat.

Always had Zander Diamond vibes from Porteous. The mistakes he's making now are the ones he was making several years ago and he's still throwing himself in to tackles.

A frustrating watch as there's obviously potential there.

I've never been convinced by Ross but noted today quite a lot of lads on Twitter (admittedly fan Twitter of any club is the nuttier end of the spectrum) seriously suggesting that we should be trying to bring back Lennon because it was "more exciting." As far as I remember that's just not true except for the half season of the 352 Kamberi/McLaren front two. Was extremely turgid in the championship and the rest of his time in the premiership, and that's before discussing where we actually were when he left/his regularly not turning up to training because of his "issues"/very obviously engineering his own departure.

Is it just because his antics made us "box office" that folk still remember him fondly? 

24 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I've never been convinced by Ross but noted today quite a lot of lads on Twitter (admittedly fan Twitter of any club is the nuttier end of the spectrum) seriously suggesting that we should be trying to bring back Lennon because it was "more exciting." As far as I remember that's just not true except for the half season of the 352 Kamberi/McLaren front two. Was extremely turgid in the championship and the rest of his time in the premiership, and that's before discussing where we actually were when he left/his regularly not turning up to training because of his "issues"/very obviously engineering his own departure.

Is it just because his antics made us "box office" that folk still remember him fondly? 

I think that ship has sailed regarding Lennon but who knows. I liked him as manager and he was good value for a number of things especially the aggression and attitude he brought to the club. He took no shit from anyone which was good but his tactic of handling a bad performance by throwing the players under the bus in public got old really quickly. But on the other hand his ability to reduce Rangers fans and a number of Hearts fans to a seething mess of impotent rage and spittle was glorious.  

I think if the club is recruiting a new manager in the next few months they'll go for Alex Neil if he is available. If not then Lenny wouldn't be the worst shout.

On 04/12/2021 at 00:25, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Shame Mueller's debut won't be in the final vs Doncaster's XI.  Derby will have to suffice. 

Be interesting to see how he does, for sure. I take it you are very sure he’s going to be good? A derby is always a funny game for a debut.

20 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Neil Lennon is a w****r who really couldn't give a shite about Hibernian.  I would rather bring back GJP and he's lost his marbles. 

21 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Pretty much. I think Alex Neil or even a wild card like Tommy Miller would be better choices. 

Just now, Girth said:

Pretty much. I think Alex Neil or even a wild card like Tommy Miller would be better choices. 

Tbf without looking into the stats I think his record, or his record of having a go anyway, against the OF and Hearts was very good; which for a lot of fans with wee man syndrome is the most important thing 

23 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Yeah that midfield he had for half a season I think is what the majority of people are talking about and I find it incomprehensible given it represented a minority of his time with us.

The football, that period aside, was markedly worse than under Stubbs, albeit one could argue it hasn't necessarily improved a great deal since, the start of this season aside. 

He's not suited to being Hibs manager. His demands are too high in the transfer market, he doesn't even know what to do with the players he signs once he's backed, and inevitably combusts on them.

Ross before him any day.