4 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Not saying we have uniquely deranged fans but you just know there's some Hibs fans raging that Boyle isn't injured as it doesn't give them a chance to moan about not signing enough players 

Better not tell them that Ron's spent all the backup striker money on two big TVs.

8 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

Better not tell them that Ron's spent all the backup striker money on two big TVs.

All so Ron the Con can stream his Latin American telly directly for the lovely Venezuelan/Colombian folk who run the arepa and empanada place on Leith Walk

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

Apparently Boyle is 50/50 to play for Australian in Hanoi after a hamstring tweak after he was skelped against China the other day.

Personally hope they just rest him and let it heal.

I like that players are getting international recognition, but the flip side is we run the risk of missing players for important league games.

35 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Apparently Boyle is 50/50 to play for Australian in Hanoi after a hamstring tweak after he was skelped against China the other day.

Personally hope they just rest him and let it heal.

I like that players are getting international recognition, but the flip side is we run the risk of missing players for important league games.

It's hannoiying, is what it is.

Is Ethan Laidlaw anywhere near your line up due to all the injuries/lack of depth?

Folk who follow youth football seem to have raved about him for years, and noted he bagged a hat trick for Scotlands U17s yesterday.

Know hes young but desperation for a Scottish wunderkid striker to break through + the FM player in me enjoying the thought of a 16yo striker playing regularly = Intrigue in how it goes

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What’s young Steven Bradley like lads? He’s obviously came to us on loan for the season. Likely to make an impact?

He's only spent a handful of minutes in a Hibs shirt - subbed on for a couple of ten-minute spells. I do remember he had a couple of decent moments when he first was pushed onto the pitch vs Accies - was on for 8 minutes, took a shoot that hit the crossbar and assisted another shot - but we've not seen enough of him to pass a verdict.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is Ethan Laidlaw anywhere near your line up due to all the injuries/lack of depth?

Folk who follow youth football seem to have raved about him for years, and noted he bagged a hat trick for Scotlands U17s yesterday.

Know hes young but desperation for a Scottish wunderkid striker to break through + the FM player in me enjoying the thought of a 16yo striker playing regularly = Intrigue in how it goes

I think he’s a year or 2 away from being considered for the first team, from what I’ve seen he needs a bit longer to develop physically. There’s a good chance we’ll never see him play for Hibs, he was on trial at Man Utd and Liverpool earlier this year and if he keeps rattling in hat-tricks for Scotland then one of the teams down south will think nothing of spending a couple hundred grand on him.

Gary O’Connor’s laddy Josh is a year older and has a good reputation. Would imagine he’ll be next in line for a crack at the first team.

9 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What’s young Steven Bradley like lads? He’s obviously came to us on loan for the season. Likely to make an impact?

Only really made in impact in friendlies, like has been said above his league minutes have been sparing.

Did watch him in friendlies against Raith Rovers and Arsenal and he really impressed tbh, scored against Raith and did well playing on the right wing of a 4-2-3-1 and against Arsenal, again playing wide right he was one of our more dangerous players and he had a shot that hit the post, a really strong Arsenal team we were up against too.

Friendlies, I know, but I like what I’ve seen so far, looks pretty nimble, could perhaps say lightweight but that’s probably why he’s out on loan, first impressions are that he’s more skilful and more based around agility than speed for a winger.

Expected him to be involved in the first team this year in honesty, even stuck him in the fantasy football team as a cheap player I thought would get some game time, picked up an injury just before our competitive stuff started which probably took him back, will keep tabs on it to see how he does.