6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Not really comparable for me - Hibs dont tell journalists who we are bidding for, fans dont find out until the scarf picture.

I would have said it was Boyle agent briefing the DR, but the timing of this leak is a bit suspect after the weekend result.

Not you, but some dons fans seem to be hanging their hat on the "hes a lifelong dandy" line.................in truth if he can get -a lot - more cash down south then thats where he will move his family (and dont forget, his wife also plays football at a high level).

There's several folk up here who say he's a Hearts fan but goes with 'Aberdeen fan' for obvious reasons. Whatever the truth he's obviously a Hibs fan at the moment.

I can't see Aberdeen chucking out nonsense stories to appease fans after Raith. If we don't sign him up is just putting unnecessary pressure on themselves.

Edited by Merkland Red

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Think the lifelong dandy stuff is tongue in cheek

I will give you a laugh - some Hibs fans were getting stauners when "Jason Kerr spotted in Hibs end" at the first match of the season at Fir Park.

Kerr did indeed grow up as a Hibby.................as did his identical twin brother, who WAS at Fir Park

😂

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Not really comparable for me - Hibs dont tell journalists who we are bidding for, fans dont find out until the scarf picture.

Do you believe that?

A raft of Edinburgh papers ran with the story you'd bid £200k for McCart last month. You'd have to be obscenely naive to believe that didn't come from the club.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Do you believe that?

A raft of Edinburgh papers ran with the story you'd bid £200k for McCart last month. You'd have to be obscenely naive to believe that didn't come from the club.

There are no stories leaked out of East Mains these days - none at all.

We genuinely hear hee haw - and that includes from sources that work there.

There is a school of thought that the £200k story emerged from St Johnstone as a "get tae f**k Hibs" message - its no less naive to believe that one is possible but in truth nobody knows.

p.s. a "raft of Edinburgh papers" 😆

Just now, Leith Green said:

There is a school of thought that the £200k story emerged from St Johnstone as a "get tae f**k Hibs" message - its no less naive to believe that one is possible but in truth nobody knows.

I’m sure that McCart story first came from the Courier. Could be wrong right enough but that’s how I remembered it.

4 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Maybe he bought 30 copies of the EEN

5 minutes ago, Zing. said:

I’m sure that McCart story first came from the Courier. Could be wrong right enough but that’s how I remembered it.

Another reason I think it was mince is that there was no immediate "Hibs gazumped by Aberdeen for McCart shock !" story from Scott Burns.

34 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Scott Burns confirms no release clause that a Scottish club can make use of. MLS transfer window now closed which surely sees off the Atlanta angle. 

Cant be true as a "digital journalist" at the Daily Record tweeted last night that Atlanta could invoke the clause and send him to Aberdeen.....................

I can only assume digital journo = spangle who cant use Google.......................

27 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Aberdeen :lol:

In the space of 12 hours its gone from - 

Bring him home

He will be a great signing

Lifelong Dandy

Atlanta will sign him and send him to Aberdeen

Hibs will have to accept the offer

to

These Hibs bois seem to be triggered by us

🤣

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I will give you a laugh - some Hibs fans were getting stauners when "Jason Kerr spotted in Hibs end" at the first match of the season at Fir Park.

Kerr did indeed grow up as a Hibby.................as did his identical twin brother, who WAS at Fir Park

😂

Is his twin brother called Juan?

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

😂

I'm just thankful they both didn't make it at St Johnstone because even I've had to double take when I see his brother.

23 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I'm just thankful they both didn't make it at St Johnstone because even I've had to double take when I see his brother.

Apparently his brother was no a bad player - just not quite good enough.

12 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

The Scotsman implying Aberdeen thought the 500k release clause was available for Scottish clubs. Also looks like Boyle is getting a new contract.

Idiots :lol:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-finalising-new-martin-boyle-contract-on-back-of-aberdeens-rejected-ps500000-bid-3350045

New deal imminent according to this. Seems like a good bit of agent work to get his client over the line with the deal he wanted from Hibs. 

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-finalising-new-martin-boyle-contract-on-back-of-aberdeens-rejected-ps500000-bid-3350045

New deal imminent according to this. Seems like a good bit of agent work to get his client over the line with the deal he wanted from Hibs. 

Top work. Otherwise the existing deal would have run down by 12-18 months, by which time Boyle would be pushing 30 and clubs (including Hibs) would be nervous about signing him long-term and/or giving him a pay rise.

3 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

Guys have you heard anything about Darren McGregor coming along the M8 to Thistle? A lot of rumours of that  through here.

Unless we sign two central defenders I can’t see that happening.