Has Riordan's pub shut down? It had looked pretty deserted for a while but last night I noticed there was a "To Let" sign above the door.

22 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I've not really been paying much attention as I found The Totally... Scottish podcast pretty awful so gave it a heavy swerve but I noticed that The Athletic had bought over Muddy Knees Media who did the Totally Football pods. 

https://www.thetotallyfootballshow.com/feature/muddy-knees-media-and-the-totally-football-show-are-now-part-of-the-athletic/

It only came to my attention through a Barry Glendenning tweet about Iain Macintosh yesterday and a subsequent scroll through Macintosh's TL.

What's the beef here?

14 hours ago, Empty It said:
17 hours ago, RiG said:
Has Riordan's pub shut down? It had looked pretty deserted for a while but last night I noticed there was a "To Let" sign above the door.

Been shut for a while now I think.

Yeah I just assumed it was shut due to COVID but would be opening up as restrictions eased but as I say I only just noticed the sign advertising the property so guess it's closed for good.

I'm sure EdinburghLive will be on the case...

Looks like an exciting signing and was playing the same role as Boyle in the clips of him playing for Orlando so could well be his replacement.

Replacing the goals of Nisbet and Boyle is going to be very tricky, but bringing Mueller in would alleviate my worries a little. Of course we'll have to see whether he can adapt to Scottish football. I'd like to see us move for Rudden too if he's progressing before his value skyrockets.

Still hopeful McCart will come in, as for Odoffin apparently he's better with the ball than Gogic and a goal threat in the air but seems like overkill to have Gogic, JDH and Odoffin all competing for that position. Gogic did very well last season and I thought we noticeably stopped much more of the opposition attacks when he played. I guess JR might not see JDH as the holding midfielder? Irvine got some stick for a few of his performances but I think we may actually miss him, thought our midfield improved when he stepped in. We really need Magennis to step up this season and avoid injuries too.

I have a feeling we will go for McMann too if Doig goes. Although folding to the English teams who are telling us to lower the price could be daft if he keeps improving this season.

25 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

We'll take Jamie Gullan off your hands, back to the Rovers.

He certainly needs to be playing............I like him, no sure I want to lose him permanently tho.

According to an American FM streamer I watch, we're getting a hard-working, enthusiastic player who will play for the shirt and give everything. Dunno how much bias is in that given that the streamer is also and Orlando City fan.. but still a good endorsement from someone who has seen Mueller play live.

As usual though, we wait and see how he performs and draw our own conclusions. Hoping we can get him in earlier than January, whether we lose Boyle or either him or Mueller switches over to the left... 

25 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

According to an American FM streamer I watch, we're getting a hard-working, enthusiastic player who will play for the shirt and give everything. Dunno how much bias is in that given that the streamer is also and Orlando City fan.. but still a good endorsement from someone who has seen Mueller play live.

As usual though, we wait and see how he performs and draw our own conclusions. Hoping we can get him in earlier than January, whether we lose Boyle or either him or Mueller switches over to the left... 

I read somewhere the club are trying to get him in now. McKay coming in as well and Murphy coming permanently says to me Boyle's either away or playing up front, maybe betting on keeping one of Boyle and Nisbet. Clubs in a bit of a catch 22 as other than centre half we're pretty strong until guys we'd rather keep start to leave