1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Lots of rumours that Porteous is off to Besiktas - bizarre if true.

Not sure I am that fussed either after some of the errors of last season. We need a CH who can focus on defending properly.

Is he disappointed to see him go but he really needs to move somewhere where he’ll get the coaching he needs to improve as a player. I’m not sure he’s getting that at Hibs…..

Should be a decent pay day for the club as well. Enough to buy both St Johnstone centre halves and maybe even Rooney as well for cover.

Edited by St. Jude

6 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

Is he disappointed to see him go but he really needs to move somewhere where he’ll get the coaching he needs to improve as a player. I’m not sure he’s getting that at Hibs…..

Should be a decent pay day for the club as well. Enough to buy St Johnstone

FTFY

11 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

Should be a decent pay day for the club as well. Enough to buy both St Johnstone centre halves and maybe even Rooney as well for cover.

Twitter rumours have Porteous being sold for ~£750k. They'd be lucky to afford one of our defenders for that, never mind three.

Also looks like Nisbet has made his feelings clear...

E4xIXJWXwAUCjrA.thumb.jpeg.d9746583b998ca8a10893b395146a1c4.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Going out with your Glasgow based Scotland team mates for a night out

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

Handing in a transfer request then posting Celtic emojis all over social media is a bit of a sign, IMO.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Lots of rumours that Porteous is off to Besiktas - bizarre if true.

Not sure I am that fussed either after some of the errors of last season. We need a CH who can focus on defending properly.

Porteous wouldn't be too difficult to replace. A blessing in disguise IMO.

Nisbet or Boyle would be a bit of a nightmare.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Agreed on Porteous.

Nisbets goals have been important for us, but he is one year into a 4 year deal - and was told in January he was going nowhere...................which we all know meant "unless the price is right".

Also important to note that Hibs are not skint - we turned down £2.5m plus a sellon from Birmingham in Jan - but if someone comes in with a stupid offer for a player that cost us a couple hundred thousand, we would be insane not to take it. 

Are Celtic going to top that Birmingham offer? I really dont see it, and Nisbet being out for a beer with a couple of their squad after the Euros doesnt make that any more probable.

Although his goals were important (and for sure we would need to strengthen if he left), I am more concerned about solidifying the defence and midfield for next season.

I’d sell Porteous but 750k seems a bit silly if we knocked back £1m in January. I’ve seen many Hibs fans, not the ones on here taking the piss, suggest we go out and get Jason Kerr. There’s absolutely no chance of us signing him now.

As above I’d be a lot more worried about replacing Boyle or Nisbet. There’s plenty centre halves out there that would give us the same if not more than Porteous. 

Edited by Zing.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Agreed on Porteous.

Nisbets goals have been important for us, but he is one year into a 4 year deal - and was told in January he was going nowhere...................which we all know meant "unless the price is right".

Also important to note that Hibs are not skint - we turned down £2.5m plus a sellon from Birmingham in Jan - but if someone comes in with a stupid offer for a player that cost us a couple hundred thousand, we would be insane not to take it. 

Are Celtic going to top that Birmingham offer? I really dont see it, and Nisbet being out for a beer with a couple of their squad after the Euros doesnt make that any more probable.

Although his goals were important (and for sure we would need to strengthen if he left), I am more concerned about solidifying the defence and midfield for next season.

I'm not saying you need to sell anyone. Just mentioning he's far replaceable than your other sought after players.

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

You say it wouldn’t be difficult, but zander diamond is actually retired.