On 10/06/2021 at 21:40, Zing. said:

Galatasaray to bid £1m plus add ons for Porteous according to the Sun. They reckon the add ons would make it a significantly better offer than we received from Millwall in January.

Can’t say I’d be unhappy to see him go for that kind of money. I’d be amazed if he actually ended up at that kind of level given some of his performances this season. 

I can only assume his agent has put together a showreel of Beckenbauer in his pomp and used one of those FaceSwap apps ?

The good news is that we can use that cash to buy a 6 foot 6 thicko SPFL defender who does what hes fuckin told - and bank the other £900k.

Ll Cool J Chris Odonnell GIF by CBS

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Everyone, everywhere, is convinced you've signed Regan Hendry. 

Apart from the St Mirren fans who are getting real giddy because "Jim Goodwin watched him a few times" and Kevin their kit man and Florence their tea lady have started following him on Twitter. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Apart from the St Mirren fans who are getting real giddy because "Jim Goodwin watched him a few times" and Kevin their kit man and Florence their tea lady have started following him on Twitter. 

You missed out the tea lady mate.  My money is on Hibs the club he loves. However I hope he comes to Paisley.  

56 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

You missed out the tea lady mate.  My money is on Hibs the club he loves. However I hope he comes to Paisley.  

He was down in Ipswich having a look last week. I know it's "only" League 1 but it can be tough for us to compete financially.

18 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Galatasaray? Some of Porteous's defending he'd be lucky to get a game for Gala Fairydean Rovers.

If I was Jack Ross & someone offered anything like 7 figures for Porteous, I’d personally drive him there.

He's one of these defenders who’ll be making the same rash mistakes at 28 as he has been doing the last few years.

I’d actually play 36 year old Darren McGregor before him.

The "pots" or "hats" are out for the Q1 draw, which takes place this afternoon. Generally 8 in each pot/hat, so there are 4 possible opponents (as seeded teams can only play unseeded teams)

It looks sort of regionalised, but a few Central Zone and Balkan teams have been placed in Northwest Zone pots/hats. 

Coleraine's pot/hat is cosmopolitan. Bosnia, Malta, Luxembourg or Gibraltar for them.

Section #5 is mainly northern. Sheepshaggers Bala Town are seeded and will go to either Estonia, Latvia or Ireland (Larne or Sligo). Iceland & Faroes teams are in the seeded section of that group, but so are Slask Wroclaw - the one side I would want to avoid in Q2 if it is regionalised (fascinating city historically, but a long way and lots of "traditional" fans)

The New Saints might also go to either part of Ireland - Glentoran/Bohemians - with Lithuania & Andorra also on the cards.

Newtown are in the 10-team hat. They could also go to Ireland (Dundalk) but have a Slovakian side in there, as well as Faroes, Latvia and Iceland.

So it's only sort of half-regionalised for Q1

**EDIT** Three Wales v. Ireland ties, two Ireland v. Iceland ties and Coleraine go to Bosnia. A draw v a Wales/Ireland winner tomorrow will do.

Edited by FortescueFotheringhamSmyth
Update

On 12/06/2021 at 11:06, ZingaliMan said:

Seen it mentioned by different people that Hendry loves (insert club) but sure when he was interviewed on our club channel he said he didn’t support any club and mentioned his family were Rangers fans (think it was his dad) who’d pushed him that way but he wasn’t interested he just enjoyed watching football.  Guys a good player and should aim as high as he can get, absolutely no disrespect to St Mirren but I think he should be aiming higher.  Absolutely no doubt you’re a step up from Rovers but if he’s playing in Scotland I think he should try and get a top 6 team if he can.  Lad seems level headed not your can’t move more than 30 miles from the family type and my money is on him going down south.  If he stays here Hibs would probably be a good move. 

33 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Seen it mentioned by different people that Hendry loves (insert club) but sure when he was interviewed on our club channel he said he didn’t support any club and mentioned his family were Rangers fans (think it was his dad) who’d pushed him that way but he wasn’t interested he just enjoyed watching football.  Guys a good player and should aim as high as he can get, absolutely no disrespect to St Mirren but I think he should be aiming higher.  Absolutely no doubt you’re a step up from Rovers but if he’s playing in Scotland I think he should try and get a top 6 team if he can.  Lad seems level headed not your can’t move more than 30 miles from the family type and my money is on him going down south.  If he stays here Hibs would probably be a good move. 

Think it's safe to say he won't be coming to Paisley now. 

15 minutes ago, velo army said:

According to the Record McGinn is wanted by Liverpool and Villa want no less than £20m. If this and the Doig rumour is true that's a nice wee transfer kitty for you lot.

Thought McGinn would be worth a wee bit more than that now with the crazy transfer fees in England these days.