Bearing in mind we got £3m (£4m with addons) for Steven Fletcher in 2009, I think that £5m is (sounds ridic) pocket change for some of these clubs down south.

We should ask for more...........................

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Bearing in mind we got £3m (£4m with addons) for Steven Fletcher in 2009, I think that £5m is (sounds ridic) pocket change for some of these clubs down south.

Im Probably being wooshed but Fletcher played in a position that commands more money and was more accomplished when sold than what Doig is now. Add in a more stagnant market with covid  for 5 million he should be kicked out the door.

Edited by gannonball

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Im Probably being wooshed but Fletcher played in a position that commands more money and was more accomplished when sold than what Doig is now. Add in a more stagnant market with covid  for 5 million he should be kicked out the door.

On the other hand....

image.thumb.png.7c5274e7992945a17e8f95cbaf98aaac.png

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Was a wee bit tongue in cheek 😁

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

On the other hand....

This is the thing, we do get ripped off up here by their standards, but to be totally honest I would probably drive him down myself for £5m.

17 hours ago, AJF said:

You’d think that any deal would come with a loan back option to keep him playing consistently. Unless Arsenal would prefer him to go out on loan elsewhere.

£5m and a loan back would be phenomenal. Can't see it happening unfortunately. 

55 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

How dare you maximise a players value and ask for more!

20 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

On the other hand....

Tbf there's a premium on any player who's classed as "homegrown" down there.

Galatasaray to bid £1m plus add ons for Porteous according to the Sun. They reckon the add ons would make it a significantly better offer than we received from Millwall in January.

Can’t say I’d be unhappy to see him go for that kind of money. I’d be amazed if he actually ended up at that kind of level given some of his performances this season. 

Edited by Zing.

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

Galatasaray to bid £1m plus add ons for Porteous according to the Sun. They reckon the add ons would make it a significantly better offer than we received from Millwall in January.

Can’t say I’d be unhappy to see him go for that kind of money. 

Been mentioned on our European thread, but theres a high chance we draw Galatasaray in Europe.

Shame fans likely wont be at the game, as the Turkish fans confusion when Saints fans cheer Porteous' name would be intriguing, before the inevitable volley of flares into the support obvs.

I see Dan MacKay got into the Championship team of the season.  Unsurprising really.  He's probably in your top 3 players at the moment too. Probably only Nisbet and Boyle are better than him.  Probably not for long too.