7 hours ago, d31 said:

Boyle for £500k will be a steal for another team

Yes - but he was expected to leave for nothing last year and has been great for us this season - it is absolutely no surprise that he has a release clause.

Martin Boyle has been the most improved player I have ever seen at Hibs and we paid nothing for him.

If he gets the chance of one last big contract to secure his and his familys future then I dont grudge him anything.

I am with @Zing.on Irvine - good but not that good.

33 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

He should be sacked for his tweets

I'm usually only aware of the shite you guys post on here but saw them hyping a 9am announcement. Was thinking you've signed a decent player or got Nisbet to sign a new deal.

"Friendly against Arsenal".

Had to laugh.

40 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

got Nisbet to sign a new deal

He signed a 4 year deal less than a year ago, we are not Dundee Utd circa Jim McLean.....................

Back ot - twitter guy is apparently a stop gap (and it shows) til the new guy starts after we pump St J on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

He signed a 4 year deal less than a year ago, we are not Dundee Utd circa Jim McLean.....................

Back ot - twitter guy is apparently a stop gap (and it shows) til the new guy starts after we pump St J on Saturday.

We've done it several times. Either given players an extra year or given them a wage rise. Adds to value.

Guest Peter LaFleur

Alright Hibees. I am out in Leith on Saturday as we got an engagement gift for a hotel stay in the Malmaison. Just dawned on me that it is the day of the Scottish Cup final so now trying to find a suitable pub to watch the game. Any that you could recommend that will be a decent atmosphere for the match? I assume the main haunts will all be fully booked by this point. It doesn't need to be close to the hotel - most of the bars and restaurants booked already are scattered. Cheers.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

1 hour ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Alright Hibees. I am out in Leith on Saturday as we got an engagement gift for a hotel stay in the Malmaison. Just dawned on me that it is the day of the Scottish Cup final so now trying to find a suitable pub to watch the game. Any that you could recommend that will be a decent atmosphere for the match? I assume the main haunts will all be fully booked by this point. It doesn't need to be close to the hotel - most of the bars and restaurants booked already are scattered. Cheers.

Tam o Shanter. Proper pub with great sporting memorabilia on the walls.

1 hour ago, Peter LaFleur said:

The only close by place I can think of that might be showing the game that doesn't take bookings is Teuchters Landing but I'm honestly not sure if they will be, and the queue gets quite long on a Saturday. Anywhere else will be booked out by now I think, certainly the Hibs as f**k pubs all are 

You're possibly totally fucked for it tbh. We got a cancellation at Meadowbank last night for five of us after a fuckload of looking. Exact words from Robbies when asking was "it was booked out for the whole day and night within 20 minutes of Hibs going two up in the semi".

Your best bet might be giving it till quarter past one and see if anyone hasn't turned up and take their place.

Guest Peter LaFleur
51 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
4 hours ago, Peter LaFleur said:

You're possibly totally fucked for it tbh. We got a cancellation at Meadowbank last night for five of us after a fuckload of looking. Exact words from Robbies when asking was "it was booked out for the whole day and night within 20 minutes of Hibs going two up in the semi".

Sounds promising :D We have loads of places booked throughout the day but nowhere that will probably be showing the football. Will Victoria's bar show football? I've managed to book there for 2 on top of the Barologist (which I know won't).  Hopefully you boys win and it turns into a street party instead...

Edited by Peter LaFleur

Guest Peter LaFleur
3 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I guess you've not been following the local news recently. I don't think that would go down well, generally.

That was the joke.