On 12/03/2021 at 11:07, AFCDannyFTH said:

Paul Heckingbottom is going to be caretaker boss at Sheffield United. 

Amazing how in football you can be pretty shite at your job and fall up the ladder.

Came on to say the same thing.

Thats both him and Lennon thats got punted by Hibs recently and ended up with great gigs elsewhere fairly quickly. You'd imagine both on substantially more money than they would have been on at Hibs too.

Football is weird.

12 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Came on to say the same thing.

Thats both him and Lennon thats got punted by Hibs recently and ended up with great gigs elsewhere fairly quickly. You'd imagine both on substantially more money than they would have been on at Hibs too.

Football is weird.

It does seem to happen quite a lot in England- duffers seem to get gig after gig. You see that so-and-so had been appointed to a club and you feel like going out and sticking a bet on that they'll be sacked within 9 months. 

It happens not just in football of course- Dido Harding for example.

• 2 weeks later...

Sobering figures but an awful lot better than what a lot of clubs will post.

Thankfully we are on target to finish 3rd (hopefully) and have European football at ER which will help.

I'm no accountant so I'm happy to be corrected on this but if Hibs wage to turnover ratio is 74% and the turnover is 8.9 million then wages are around 6.6 milllion in total.

Aberdeen were spending 9.77 million in wages in the same period according to this; https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/11/20/2019-20-financial-update/#:~:text=The annual accounts show a,from 58% to 68%.

That's a massive spending advantage Aberdeen have if the figures are still similar (and I'm not talking pish). 

Edited by St. Jude

15 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

I'm no accountant so I'm happy to be corrected on this but if Hibs wage to turnover ratio is 74% and the turnover is 8.9 million then wages are around 6.6 milllion in total.

Aberdeen were spending 9.77 million in wages in the same period according to this; https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/11/20/2019-20-financial-update/#:~:text=The annual accounts show a,from 58% to 68%.

That's a massive spending advantage Aberdeen have if the figures are still similar (and I'm not talking pish). 

A massive portion of that is McInnes and Docherty's wage. We've also cleared a bit of deadwood since. I'd be amazed if we aren't paying quite a more on player wages than you guys but it's not going to be £3m more.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

A massive portion of that is McInnes and Docherty's wage. We've also cleared a bit of deadwood since. I'd be amazed if we aren't paying quite a more on player wages than you guys but it's not going to be £3m more.

I appreciate those wages probably account for nearly a third of the difference, as you mentioned it still leaves Aberdeen paying considerably more money on players wages than Hibs. The reason I pointed it out is that I've seen it mentioned a few times that there isn't a big difference between Aberdeen and Hibs wages, this would indicate that there is. 

2 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

I appreciate those wages probably account for nearly a third of the difference, as you mentioned it still leaves Aberdeen paying considerably more money on players wages than Hibs. The reason I pointed it out is that I've seen it mentioned a few times that there isn't a big difference between Aberdeen and Hibs wages, this would indicate that there is. 

Is it playing staff only?

Allegedly Aberdeen players 'wages' aren't great but have very good bonuses for wins/cup progression etc.