It's a great offer for Porteous. Be surprised if Hibs don't take that one.

Nisbet is a tough call. I think he's worth more than that, but it's tough to turn down that kind of cash at the moment. Might come down to how the player feels. Another good run in this half of the season and he'll get a better club than Birmingham.

2 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

No , Burke has sealed a place

With Griffiths injury prone, Question marks over McBurnie/Burke/Shankland generally being shit I wouldn't rule Nisbet out.

Personally I would go with Dykes,Griff and Burke right now but that could all change in a few months.

2 hours ago, Zing. said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6600173/hibs-nesbit-porteous-birmingham-millwall/

Oh dear. Could definitely see Nisbet being away unfortunately, we surely can’t be keen on turning down £2m in the current climate. 

My fears are we sell him and don't replace him with some of the money received. 

If Hibs done that then they can expect a huge backlash from the supporters. 

41 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Rumours of Cosgrove to Birmingham for £2m today may suggest you've told them to f**k off re Nisbet.

If we get a million for Porteous and you 2 million for cosgrove on current trajectory I will never moan about Scottish clubs being screwed by English clubs again 

I think the criticism of Porteous is over the top but it seems to be from fans of other clubs rather than Hibs. In a strange way I don’t think Clarke hasn’t done him any favours by calling him up to the Scotland squad at such an early stage. The scrutiny of his performances has intensified and criticism has increased. 

Up until a Christmas I thought he was having a good season, he was the focal part of a defence which kept 9 clean sheets in the first 19 league games. He hasn’t been in good form since Christmas and could really do with being taken out the spotlight for a while but there’s no backup for him at the minute.  

He needs to improve his positioning and concentration but I think there’s potential there for a really good centre half with a bit of work. I’d prefer not to sell him but I’m not sure Hibs are in a position to turn down 7 figures in the current climate.

3 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

I think the criticism of Porteous is over the top but it seems to be from fans of other clubs rather than Hibs. In a strange way I don’t think Clarke hasn’t done him any favours by calling him up to the Scotland squad at such an early stage. The scrutiny of his performances has intensified and criticism has increased. 

I haven't seen enough of him to really comment but this happened to Scott Mckenna too. As soon as he was playing for Scotland every other club started putting the boot in., not helped by a dip in form for us too. Most of this criticism was way over the top.

From afar it does seem that Porteous lacks the composure/decision making of a top centre half just now but he's still young and as I say I don't see him every week.

Re: Porteous. I believe there's a good CB in there, but he's still very raw and hasn't really progressed much mentally this season. He's costing us too many goals atm though, he needs taken out the team, but our options are slim to non existent.

He might only fulfil his potential with a different club/coaching team/CB partners

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I haven't seen enough of him to really comment but this happened to Scott Mckenna too. As soon as he was playing for Scotland every other club started putting the boot in., not helped by a dip in form for us too. Most of this criticism was way over the top.

From afar it does seem that Porteous lacks the composure/decision making of a top centre half just now but he's still young and as I say I don't see him every week.

McKenna’s a really good example. He was a young inexperienced player chucked into a struggling Scotland team to play against players at a much higher level than he had been used to and suddenly the criticism increased 10 fold. Aberdeen turning down big money for him seemed only to increase the criticism as well.

9 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

McKenna’s a really good example. He was a young inexperienced player chucked into a struggling Scotland team to play against players at a much higher level than he had been used to and suddenly the criticism increased 10 fold. Aberdeen turning down big money for him seemed only to increase the criticism as well.

Aye, it's not the players fault when the club puts a big price tag on you. Even if the £6m we turned down was actually a loan offer on the last day of the window, with an option to buy for £6m at the end of the season.

13 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

The funniest one for me is when he struggled against Lukaku.

From the criticism he received you'd have thought it was the standard SPFL striker he couldn't handle.

14 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Re: Porteous. I believe there's a good CB in there, but he's still very raw and hasn't really progressed much mentally this season. He's costing us too many goals atm though, he needs taken out the team, but our options are slim to non existent.

He might only fulfil his potential with a different club/coaching team/CB partners

23 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye there's more than a touch of the McKenna's in the way that other fans see Porteous, his obvious ability immediately forgotten as soon as he has a drop in form. Same with Kerr tbh as if I remember right he was getting pelters early in the season. 

Normally I'd want him to stay and develop here, but I don't trust Ross to do that and the money's on the table now. Get a big ol' sell on in there and cheerio

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye, it's not the players fault when the club puts a big price tag on you. Even if the £6m we turned down was actually a loan offer on the last day of the window, with an option to buy for £6m at the end of the season.

If it was a £6m to buy then Stewarty would have carried him down the road on his back 🤣