There seems to be an idea among a few managers that you can sign lots of fey midfielders and pass teams to death.

Then you realise as the headers fly in that perhaps a couple of big centre halves should have been on the shopping list...

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

There seems to be an idea among a few managers that you can sign lots of fey midfielders and pass teams to death.

TBF the opposite was probably Hibs issue yesterday. Gogic so poor on the ball.

10 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Watched the Sunderland series this week on Netflix and there seemed to be a theme during Ross's time there that they would start big games well but absolutely blow it in the second half.

Same seemed to happen yesterday. Had that been a pattern at Hibs as well?

Also not really seeing him make players better. Merely just tries to sign a new player if Player X isnt really working out. Would that be fair?

Yes x 3

Also not taking our chances

#### defence

12 hours ago, Zing. said:

I could defend Ross after the first half but our efforts in the second 45 were atrocious. He’s then followed our pumping in another semi final with picking a bizarre fight with a BBC journalist because he asked wee Lenny a couple of difficult questions during the week. Odd behaviour.

Getting to the stage where I couldn’t care if the manager was punted (again). 

Reveal hidden contents

065503CE-B93F-4E11-9DEE-E0A9F674A433.png.6684c74f4bef0d8c5a87f03088c85fae.png065503CE-B93F-4E11-9DEE-E0A9F674A433.png.6684c74f4bef0d8c5a87f03088c85fae.png065503CE-B93F-4E11-9DEE-E0A9F674A433.png.6684c74f4bef0d8c5a87f03088c85fae.png065503CE-B93F-4E11-9DEE-E0A9F674A433.png.6684c74f4bef0d8c5a87f03088c85fae.png065503CE-B93F-4E11-9DEE-E0A9F674A433.png.6684c74f4bef0d8c5a87f03088c85fae.png065503CE-B93F-4E11-9DEE-E0A9F674A433.png.6684c74f4bef0d8c5a87f03088c85fae.png

Just listened to this! 

If I was a Hibs fan I would be fuming at a frankly baffling defence of Lennon just after my side has completely fucked a semi final. 

On 24/01/2021 at 10:42, Merkland Red said:

Porteous is this generations Zander Diamond. Bursts on to the scene and throws himself in to everything. A real breath of fresh air.

A couple of years later and he's still throwing himself in to everything when he should be learning that there's a time and place. 

I haven't seen much progression. I think he's lucky to be a nailed on starter at a team as good as Hibs. I think this will be as good as it gets for him but hopefully I'm wrong 

Horribly, you might be right. Last time I saw Zander he was lunging in for Oldham and generally playing like a Sunday League Carthorse.

Porteous was great in the U21s for Scotland and because of his size he was able to bully players.  Also Hibs fans were loving it because he had walloped Morelos a few times under the guise of youthful enthusiasm.  So all well and good but now, he doesn't get away with it. Experienced players are wise to him. They know he's still rash and makes some really stupid tackles. Only reason he starts alongside Hanlon is because the backup , Darren McGregor, is 35 and injury prone. Personally I think he needs some time out of the team and I think Hibs should be looking at the post Hanlon era as well.

28 minutes ago, AndyM said:

Horribly, you might be right. Last time I saw Zander he was lunging in for Oldham and generally playing like a Sunday League Carthorse.

Porteous was great in the U21s for Scotland and because of his size he was able to bully players.  Also Hibs fans were loving it because he had walloped Morelos a few times under the guise of youthful enthusiasm.  So all well and good but now, he doesn't get away with it. Experienced players are wise to him. They know he's still rash and makes some really stupid tackles. Only reason he starts alongside Hanlon is because the backup , Darren McGregor, is 35 and injury prone. Personally I think he needs some time out of the team and I think Hibs should be looking at the post Hanlon era as well.

There was a game against Celtic a few years ago where he played really well. He had two tackles in particular that he was lauded for. Both were literally milliseconds away from a red card. Some of them you are going to get wrong and those are the ones you need to stop yourself getting sucked in to. 

He's plenty time to learn but that's easier said than done. There was an interview with Zander and he mentioned Willie Miller had come to him with a dvd he'd had made of Alex McLeish defending and he wanted Zander to watch it. Zander made a comment about how he made a few jokes about Willie's granda jumper and that was the end of the conversation. A daft detail I know but something I always look back to when you remember the end of Zanders time at Aberdeen.

Very good Jack, here are a list of the clubs we beat to get to those semi finals;

Dundee Utd (in Championship at the time and still took us a replay), BSC Glasgow, Inverness, Cove Rangers, Brora Rangers, Forfar, Dundee and Alloa

The guy is an absolute fud and he’s clearly scrambling now.

On 1/24/2021 at 09:28, RandomGuy. said:

Same issue we have with MOH.

Hes predictable now on the wing, and isn't good enough to play up front.

Hibs should try him on the left to mix things up for him, IMO.

Boyle should be playing RWB if anywhere at the moment. He's only ever really been great in a 352 or in a 433. The obsession from Ross with playing him as high up the field as possible, to the detriment of Doidge and Nisbet who were starting to look a decent partnership, has been baffling. He's had a couple of very good performances as a centre forward or wide in a 4 man midfield. They've been rare though, and quite a while ago.

On 1/24/2021 at 13:43, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

That's 2 wins out of 12 games (both last season) against Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen plus 2 disasters at Hampden.

On the verge of writing him off now tbh.

image.png.13fcd45734eaf150faee3d8c71cdfaa5.png.c003fdd8c97d3890563d825432daf0c9.png

I've slowly lost any confidence in him all season, as I said to RG before top 4 finishes a la McInnes for 8 years would be great. I don't think he'd give us that. 

On 1/24/2021 at 14:05, tamthebam said:

Then you realise as the headers fly in that perhaps a couple of big centre halves should have been on the shopping list...

This has regularly been a problem this season

On 1/24/2021 at 14:07, RandomGuy. said:

TBF the opposite was probably Hibs issue yesterday. Gogic so poor on the ball.

Weirdly given the above this has also been a regular problem this season. We've had injuries to Gogic and Newall and Allan's illness, but still pretty inexcusable that we've so rarely looked balanced in midfield. Irvine, Newall and Allan feels like a perfect 3 man midfield but I think the first two are both out of contract in the summer anyway, and Ross will find a way to play Magennis, Hallberg and Jamie Fucking Murphy

On 1/25/2021 at 13:57, Dons_1988 said:

Porteous is a better looking loon than big Zander anyway, we'll give him that.

Porteous is the biggest evidence of Ross not being able to improve players. Plateaued massively and looks to be going backwards now.

5 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Very good Jack, here are a list of the clubs we beat to get to those semi finals;

Dundee Utd (in Championship at the time and still took us a replay), BSC Glasgow, Inverness, Cove Rangers, Brora Rangers, Forfar, Dundee and Alloa

The guy is an absolute fud and he’s clearly scrambling now.

:lol: 

What a complete clown he is. 

21 hours ago, The Marly said:
On 22/01/2021 at 13:07, Green Day said:
Just how well does Ryan Porteous talk? Really mature for a 21yo - also states that he hasnt really had any issue with away dressing rooms in the Premiership.

Better at talking than defending that's for sure.

He certainly had a bad game at the weekend, thats for sure. 

p.s. 1/10 for effort if you thought that one of us would throw our toys out the pram at your post. 

1 hour ago, GreenDay said:

We need to win on Saturday, regardless of how it happens.

To be honest I still dont think Ross has the first idea what his best formation is, especially in midfield. Boyle has been on poor form for weeks, we create next to no chances for our forwards and the defence looks like its confidence is shot.

That our best defender last night was the 35 year old in my (new !!!) profile shot tells it all.

Livi look unstoppable at the moment and if they overtake us I  dont see Ross surviving to Easter.

Why the new profile?

9 minutes ago, Zing. said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6600173/hibs-nesbit-porteous-birmingham-millwall/

Oh dear. Could definitely see Nisbet being away unfortunately, we surely can’t be keen on turning down £2m in the current climate. 

Tell them to double it or f**k off.  You got him cheap in the summer on the expectation you would sell him on for a big fee and send piles of cash over the forth.