On 03/01/2021 at 18:12, capt_oats said:

I'm not going to make as bold a claim but I just posted in our thread, he's barely kicked a ball in a year. He was largely an unused sub for Columbus.

Sounds utterly perfect as a Hibs 20/21 signing, inject him straight into our veins (in the absence of a vaccine...........)

21 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Dabrowski has been the only entertaining part of this season. Can you not just leave him where he is, lads?

Seems strange we’re recalling him if we’re bringing in the guy from Arsenal.

Unless Marciano’s injury is worse than feared.

1 minute ago, Les Cabbage said:

Seems strange we’re recalling him if we’re bringing in the guy from Arsenal.

Unless Marciano’s injury is worse than feared.

I'd feel for Kevin if he was called back to sit on the bench. He looks like he's really enjoyed his football with us and carried out some top notch goalkeeping shithousery against Cove. He'll be missed and looks an excellent prospect for you.

I really cannot speak highly enough of Kevin Dabrowski. I'm slightly heartbroken you've done this to us to be honest, but if Jack Ross has him as his #1 whilst Marciano is out then I don't think any Sons fans can complain. He's certainly earned his chance at a higher level.

We've not exactly been blessed with keepers in recent years. Christ, we even had Grant Adam fairly recently and I'm still convinced he was an outfield player in goals. But Kevin was in a different league to almost anyone - Alan Martin and Danny Rogers being the only exceptions.

He's mad on the pitch. Ridiculously loud, brave and capable of pulling of some genuinely incredible saves. Without him it's unlikely we'd have half the points we do and it's been a long time since I've seen a goalkeeper with the sheer presence he has. He's just one of these players who has a swagger about him - perfectly shown when he controlled a cross on his chest against Cove before picking it up.

Jim Duffy loved him and was singing his praises as soon as he came in for the impact he had in the dressing room. 

I spoke to him a few times for the paper and he was so different off the park to on it. He was softly spoken and as lovely a guy as you could possibly meet. He is also one of these players who, regardless of ability, would be playing somewhere on a Saturday. He just has endless enthusiasm and we had a couple of great goalkeeping chats. I remember him telling me quite early on that he just loves making saves and being busy. He was certainly busy with us and he actually looked like he was buzzing about every save he made. It was fantastic.

Here's his standout performance against Thistle.

And a few things I've written about him:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/dumbarton-new-boy-kevin-dabrowski-22693712

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/dumbarton-keeper-kevin-dabrowski-proud-23176134

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/clyde-3-2-dumbarton-duffy-22824701

Dumbarton boss Jim Duffy has backed Kevin Dabrowski to shine for the Sons this season.

The 22-year-old Polish stopper joined Dumbarton on a season long loan deal from Hibernian last month, and Duffy revealed that he has been a long-term admirer of the former Lech Poznan man.

He told the Lennox: “We’re delighted with Kevin, I first saw him a few years ago and liked the look of him.

“We tried to get the deal done a few weeks ago, we were very keen, the player was very keen and Hibs were very keen to have him playing first team football - but we had to make sure that we followed the protocols fully.

“He’s a player with a lot of potential and he’s someone who was very keen to be playing football this season in the first team somewhere. That’s a big thing for me, we’ll give him the platform to show that he has plenty of potential and ability.

“I’ve been delighted with him so far though.”

Dabrowski was originally meant to spend the season as the Easter Road club’s number two, behind Israel international Ofir Marciano. 

However a man of the match showing against Celtic in pre-season showed manager Jack Ross that he had too much potential to spend a season on the bench, with Duffy revealing his arrival helped boost the dressing room.

He continued: “Good quality players also lift the dressing room, when Kevin came in he had a real presence about him straight away. The other players could see how professional and dedicated he was and that’s something that gives them a boost.

“He’s phoning and texting asking what we’re doing and how he can improve. He’s got an infectious enthusiasm for football which is great for everyone - especially the coaches.

“We know that boys like that will do sessions with a real enthusiasm, they lift the tempo and that’s something that definitely rubs off on other players too.

“It’s no guarantee that you'll win matches of course, but it is something that can bring a lot to a team.

“He’s still very young though, so we’ve got to remember that. He’s very much learning, but he’s a player with a lot of potential in the game.”

Hibernian sporting director Graeme Mathie added: “Kevin has really impressed us in pre-season. He’s at a key stage of his development and it’s really important that he plays games every week.

“Dumbarton is a club I know well and there are good people there who will give him a great platform to progress this season.

“We’re delighted to secure the loan move for him and have no doubt he will return a better player for the experience.”

Dabrowski is set to be handed his debut tonight, as Sons kick off their first competitive game of the season - behind closed doors - against Championship side Dunfermline Athletic.

Kick off at the Rock is 7.45pm, with the game being streamed live on the club’s website.

If he flops then we'll take him back straight away x

20 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Jackson Irvine eh? Be delighted with that

Aye pretty much the guy I've been thinking of when banging on about another midfielder all year (well, and Alan Campbell). If I'm remembering right (and any passing staggies please correct me) he's an all action, box to box guy. Would give us much more balance in there than Gogic and Newall trying to do 2 different jobs at once