17 minutes ago, AJF said:

Additionally, Livingston made no claim that the SPFL decided to take that decision without consulting them beforehand.

Apart from when they did, obviously. 

20201130_195601.jpg.d652ece790f4c7c824398e4744c7a8c9.jpg

Moving the fixture so Celtic can set up a winter training camp because it is "hugely beneficial for us and has been for numerous seasons" is sickening. I'd agree with Lofarl's suggestion and would ask the club to just forfeit the game. 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apart from when they did, obviously. 

20201130_195601.jpg.d652ece790f4c7c824398e4744c7a8c9.jpg

The SPFL deciding to opt for the Sunday rather than the Monday night after considering the cases put forward by both clubs is massively different to the SPFL deciding to rearrange this fixture without consulting Hibs whatsoever.

Dempsters tweets allude to the usual process (each club puts forward their proposal and the SPFL then referee) which seems to have happened in the Rangers/Livi case. This did not happen here as the SPFL simply did not consult Hibs.

If you can’t see that there’s a difference here, then I’m genuinely surprised. 

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

The SPFL deciding to opt for the Sunday rather than the Monday night after considering the cases put forward by both clubs is massively different to the SPFL deciding to rearrange this fixture without consulting Hibs whatsoever.

Dempsters tweets allude to the usual process (each club puts forward their proposal and the SPFL then referee) which seems to have happened in the Rangers/Livi case. This did not happen here as the SPFL simply did not consult Hibs.

If you can’t see that there’s a difference here, then I’m genuinely surprised. 

She says Hibs said no when initially approached, and then the SPFL just done it anyway.

Screenshot_20201130-201541_Chrome.jpg.5e2432e6073cbed1d4b9ad0d945a1b81.jpg

Same as Livingston, who said no, but then the SPFL just announced the date was changed anyway.

Please though, continue bleating about the sheer injustice of me comparing two situations that are identical.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

She says Hibs said no when initially approached, and then the SPFL just done it anyway.

Screenshot_20201130-201541_Chrome.jpg.5e2432e6073cbed1d4b9ad0d945a1b81.jpg

Same as Livingston, who said no, but then the SPFL just announced the date was changed anyway.

Please though, continue bleating about the sheer injustice of me comparing two situations that are identical.

You’ve just made my point for me. Celtic approached Hibs to request the fixture was changed. Hibs said no. Celtic then presumably went to the SPFL and asked them to change the date. The SPFL then changed the fixture date on the basis of Celtic’s request WITHOUT consulting Hibs or asking them if they had any issues with it.

In the case of Rangers v Livingston, both clubs put forward their proposals to the SPFL. Rangers suggested Sunday, Livi suggested Monday night. After they considered each proposal, they opted to go with the Sunday (presumably as Rangers had a midweek European fixture).

They are not identical and you are totally misrepresenting the facts.

This is a classic case where if the situation were reversed (ie - Hibs wanted the Monday game for their own reasons) it simply, 100% wouldn't happen - and then the idea that it would happen without consulting Celtic....

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

You’ve just made my point for me. Celtic approached Hibs to request the fixture was changed. Hibs said no. Celtic then presumably went to the SPFL and asked them to change the date. The SPFL then changed the fixture date on the basis of Celtic’s request WITHOUT consulting Hibs or asking them if they had any issues with it.

In the case of Rangers v Livingston, both clubs put forward their proposals to the SPFL. Rangers suggested Sunday, Livi suggested Monday night. After they considered each proposal, they opted to go with the Sunday (presumably as Rangers had a midweek European fixture).

It makes you wonder where their supporters get their entitled attitude from.

As someone has already said, the SPFL have been screaming about a lack of midweeks to play catch up fixtures. Celtic have two to play as it stands, so you would imagine that they should have been told to play at least one of them in either the midweek before the Hibs fixture or the one after, if not both. But by pandering to the shite reason that they want to do something that is beneficial to Celtic and absolutely no other team “ because they do it every year “, takes away both these midweeks. It is f*ck*ng pathetic.

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

As someone has already said, the SPFL have been screaming about a lack of midweeks to play catch up fixtures. Celtic have two to play as it stands, so you would imagine that they should have been told to play at least one of them in either the midweek before the Hibs fixture or the one after, if not both. But by pandering to the shite reason that they want to do something that is beneficial to Celtic and absolutely no other team “ because they do it every year “, takes away both these midweeks. It is f*ck*ng pathetic.

Two midweek games backlogged you say?  That's not a relevant factor according to some chopper from the SPFL.  

1678345163_Screenshot_20201130-212730_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.d93b5927750d773edaade5b62c40b857.jpg

1 hour ago, Killiefan said:

Killie ask for an extra couple of days training after COVID disruption and that was declined by Livingston and the league done f all to intervene.

42 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

20 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

Two midweek games backlogged you say?  That's not a relevant factor according to some chopper from the SPFL.

Teams have been forfeiting Betfred Cup ties 3-0 and playing league games with chunks of their squads in isolation.

Celtic wish 2 midweeks off and suddenly no pressure.

10 hours ago, AJF said:

it would appear Leann Dempster is unaware of  the rules regarding this anyway...
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/55138411

12 minutes ago, gannonball said:

it would appear Leann Dempster is unaware of  the rules regarding this anyway...
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/55138411

1. It’s not a “rule”.

2. We’re not in normal times so what has happened in the past does not have to happen just now. Everyone is screaming for free midweeks. 

10 hours ago, Killiefan said:

Killie ask for an extra couple of days training after COVID disruption and that was declined by Livingston and the league done f all to intervene. Only interested in the bigots 

Maybe Killie should have backed the review in to the SPFL'S governance issues....

5 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Which rule is that?

From article:

SPFL director of operations Iain Blair said: "I took the request to the SPFL board, noting that Hibernian FC objected to the move. However, as the proposed date change fell within the same Friday - Monday fixture slot and was made by the home club, I informed the SPFL board that my intention was to agree to the request. 

"As has been the case for the past 22 years, SPFL policy, where two clubs do not agree about a fixture change and in the absence of any other relevant factor, is to favour the home club.”

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

1. It’s not a “rule”.

2. We’re not in normal times so what has happened in the past does not have to happen just now. Everyone is screaming for free midweeks. 

1- Rule/policy call it what you like

2- Theres currently no rearranged fixtures to be pencilled in a calendar regarding Celtic or Hibs (or any other club?).  If that ends up happening then the fixture could well be changed again anyway.

This reminds of me of Robbie Neilson insinuating  years ago that we personally opened the SFA registration office on a Saturday so Scott Sinclair could play on the Sunday. It was then pointed out the office was open on a Saturday for donkeys.