• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ooft. All kicking off in Scottish football today.

That's a blow. She's probably one of, if not the, most competent director in Scottish football.

This line has been peddled for a long time, mostly by non Hibs fans.

She has done a lot of good, but has also fucked up several times massively.

I think she is "alright" and I have chatted to her now and then. But she has been here longer than I expected, and I dont expect there will be floods of tears from our side.

9 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

God there's going to be some fun to put up with from the Hibs das isn't there?

Plenty of the Hibs das will be glad to see the back of her. 

I think she’s done a really good job tbh but she’s been here longer than I expected. Some fresh ideas would be welcomed now. 

I think that on balance, Dempster has been good for us. 

I wouldn't say she was irreplaceable though, and I'd have been worried if she'd packed it in immediately after Ron took over, but she's hung around and this appears to be more of a parting of the ways than a split.

14 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I think she is "alright" and I have chatted to her now and then. But she has been here longer than I expected, and I dont expect there will be floods of tears from our side.

Her contemporaries in the top flight were Alan Burrows (Who's just continuing her good work), Tony Ashgar, David Martindale & Tony Fitzpatrick to name but a few. I'd say she's comfortably top of that tier with Burrows a close second.

I’ll always look back in her time at the club fondly, overall I think she’s done a good job. 

We were in some state when she arrived during the end of the relegation season. The appointment of Stubbs and the subsequent  cup win unified a fractured support. It’s a little hard to gauge from the outside of the club but her influence seemed to lessen somewhat after the Lennon bust up. The appointment of Heckingbottom will be an obvious blot on an otherwise good managerial appointment record. 

I would hope we sign another chief exec in a similar mould to her rather than Gordon’s son. Praying for a black, female, Irish republican.

Edited by St. Jude

14 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Her time at Motherwell gets a similar treatment.

We had certain levels of "success" when she was at the club but it's really difficult to overlook the fact that we were finishing 2nd and 3rd but still managing to lose money thanks to her wacky "budget for Top 6, cup runs and a player sale" strategy.

Have we improved under her? Definitely 

Am I bothered she’s leaving? Nope, Heckingbottom, loyalty points, £100k on fancy CCTV, Oli Shaw the best striker in Europe, poor transfer fees considering the standard of player we’ve had the past few years among other weird things she’s said/done. She’s far from perfect and isn’t the tremendous CEO some of our support and other supports make her out to be.

Interested to see who replaces her and what happens now, I’m sure all sorts of rumours will start to fly around about what’s brought it on etc which tbh, I’m looking forward to.

Heres to the whatsapp rumours of unrest at the club, Ron Gordon selling Easter Road, administration, a mass exodus of staff and many more.