40 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

I’d no idea.  That’s such a shame.  

Aye the story was doing the rounds from the Wednesday.

Jack Ross and the management asked him if he wanted to give the match a miss but him and his dad had discussed it and his old man wanted him to play.

Just seen that Nesbit played on Saturday despite his dad passing on Wednesday.
On any other day, he could have been the hero and nobody could have grudged him it at all. As long as he keeps going the way he is he’ll soon be doing his dad proud while wearing a Scotland jersey. Hope he gets all the support and more he might need in a hard time.

Looking more and more like signing Gogic wasn't the universal salve for our midfield it looked like in the early weeks of the season. Still look far too soft against teams who can deal with the quality of player we have. Magennis hasn't been good thus far and Mallan struggling to get game time. 

Essentially I'm banging my "we should have signed two big b*****ds in the midfield rather than one" drum. When Rangers wanted to restructure the McCrorie deal we should have bitten their hand off, been excellent against us twice now

On 07/11/2020 at 08:06, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Looking more and more like signing Gogic wasn't the universal salve for our midfield it looked like in the early weeks of the season. Still look far too soft against teams who can deal with the quality of player we have. Magennis hasn't been good thus far and Mallan struggling to get game time. 

Essentially I'm banging my "we should have signed two big b*****ds in the midfield rather than one" drum. When Rangers wanted to restructure the McCrorie deal we should have bitten their hand off, been excellent against us twice now

Most of Magennis' outstanding performances and high level of consistency have been at championship level. Since we came back up he's had a few injuries which have no doubt interrupted his performances at top league level, although he was certainly a decent performer for us, and I'd rather an injury free version of him was still with us.

It's very early days yet, but Jake Doyle-Hayes, whom we signed from Aston Villa, looks a more than decent replacement for him.

For Magennis' sake I hope he kicks on with you lot, but given the serious nature of his last injury, it might be later rather than sooner.

Edited by FTOF