I watched that game in a massive sports bar with a load of Hibees at 12am. The beers were flowing and the bodies were flying when that 2nd goal went in. There were bar stools being flung round the room like it was fucking Wrestlemania. The best goal we’ve scored at Tynecastle in my lifetime, and that’s ahead of Big Franck Sauzee’s piledriver in the Millenium Derby. Cheers Daryl. 

On 30/08/2020 at 21:51, St. Jude said:

Of all the bit part players in my time supporting Hibs, Horgan will be the most memorable. What a day that was.

Thing is, he wasn't supposed to be a bit part player. Cost a fee and must have been on decent wages, coming from PNE. 

Sad to see Horgan go especially considering we’re light in an attacking sense. That day out at Tynecastle was up there with the best of them as many above have said.
Are we light? We've got 3 wingers, 3 strikers, and 2 attacking central midfielders. That's 8 players for a max of 4 places. Murphy was brought in as a replacement for Horgan I think it's safe to say.

Thing is, he wasn't supposed to be a bit part player. Cost a fee and must have been on decent wages, coming from PNE. 
Agree with that. Got some good moments out of him, but he never even made himself an automatic starter over two years at the club. Wish him all the best, but I'm not convinced he'll be badly missed.

3 hours ago, JamesM82 said:

Know what though?

All that does is confirm that higher salaries and playing in England dont mean you are a better player, especially lower down the divisions.

We get English football rammed down our throats but lots of it is pish and no better than what we see up here.

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Know what though?

All that does is confirm that higher salaries and playing in England dont mean you are a better player, especially lower down the divisions.

We get English football rammed down our throats but lots of it is pish and no better than what we see up here.

He came straight from the league of Ireland to PNE so they wouldn't have needed to offer much more in wages for it to be significantly higher than his Dundalk wage...

Edited by Bohemian

Daryl Horgan with the cigars out for Wycombe against Brentford I see. Running the show against some Championship no marks.

Edit - Wycombe are a man down too.  Although you wouldn't tell.  Horgan is directing traffic whilst smoking a Cuban.

Edited by TheScarf

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Daryl Horgan with the cigars out for Wycombe against Brentford I see. Running the show against some Championship no marks.

Edit - Wycombe are a man down too.  Although you wouldn't tell.  Horgan is directing traffic whilst smoking a Cuban.

He'll do nothing for a couple of months now. That's why he never became a starter at Hibs.